Abysmal Sea fishing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lily, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Lily Augur

I don't know if I'm just having incredibly bad luck, or if something has changed.

I spent about 2 hours there and caught 73 saltwater tuna and 95 saltwater crab. All of these weighed between 6 lbs. and 14 lbs. I didn't catch a single 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 15 lb. tuna or crab. Anyone know if they've been taken out of the game?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Might try on a character with a lower fishing skill. I am guessing you are 200+ and maybe your ability to fish rarer things is impeding your ability to catch the more common ones.
  3. Wanuven Lorekeeper

drop your 14 lb crab/tuna into a mixing bowl and get 14x 1lb meats
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Warpeace Augur

This exactly. If your looking to catch any between 2 and 6 or 7 pounds you need a character with little or no fishing skill. Maybe roll a fresh alt and go try it. This was what I had to do in order to catch any of the smaller tuna and crab.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

^What he said! I had to roll a level 1 toon - can't go past the 10 skill you have at start. Btw you do not have to do all that mumbo jumbo at the Wayfarers Camp to use the Magus to get to Nadaria and then to Abysmal.
  7. Lily Augur

Thanks all, I'm getting the lower weight ones now on a toon with a low skill.
  8. Lynnia Augur

might one inquire why you want the lower weight fish and crab? the higher weight ones give you more crab/tuna meat per catch, if you're using it for baking...
  9. Tallie Elder

Probably because breaking each different weight into usable pieces counts as a different recipe for those working on tradeskills to get them to 350.
    Prathun likes this.
  10. Lynnia Augur

ah, that'd make sense, thanks
  11. Uuvin Augur

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Lily Augur

I used them as people said, to learn all the possible recipes, but like Uuvin said, they didn't actually count. What's unusual is that the recipes were actually learned. Most other times that means they count.
  13. Vedarian Elder

NO! Don't use a character with lower fishing skill. Just take the larger weights and put them in your mixing bowl and it breaks them down into 1 lb. meat for you
  14. svann Augur

nerf noob fishing!
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The problem is some baking recipes need 4lb crab/tuna, so you need the 4lb ones, none of the others work and breaking them down doesn't help.
  16. Hannah Journeyman

Also can be fished in The Buried Sea if you have high fishing skill. This is the best work-a-round.

...hannah...