North Karana on Tunare is bugged

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SomeEQGuy, May 31, 2017.

1. SomeEQGuy Elder

North Karana on the Tunare server is bugged. It looks like the guards are not attacking the wolves. There are a ton of wolves on track and very few if any bears, beetles, lions or loinesses on track.
    disgruntled likes this.
  2. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

I was on a walk about in Old Commonlands on the E'Marr server and observed all the critters where now Male Human with the critter tag ... attacked a human labeled kodiak bear ... looted bear skin ... giggled about it omw back to the G L ...

:cool:
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep, I posted under the "rare spawns" thread last week that the morning before they turned on "rare spawns" that I had counted 100 silver mist wolves on track and very few of any other mob. Same thing going on over in South Karana. Elephants and Gnolls are all over the place.
    disgruntled likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't a lot of those mobs in SK or NK share spawns?
  5. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

The guards have never attacked wolves. That was one of the risks of sitting at the guards was getting attacked by them.
  6. Grummy_NB Augur

That is how these zones work. If all you do is kill wolves, pretty soon you wont seen any; as wolves, spiders, lions, bears... all share the spawn table
  7. SomeEQGuy Elder

Pretty sure that this isn't true. Otherwise we would have had this same situation before - the zone full of wolves as everything else was eventually killed off by the guards.

ETA: Maybe in the past the guards didn't kill the wolves but the wolves also didn't share spawns with the other animals. Something has changed to make the zone be full of wolves.

I know that on p99 the guards attack the wolves so they did at some point in eq's history.
  8. Roartyger Smoot Elder

They used to attack the highland lions, bears, griffon types. Of course people at one point complained about guards ks'ing their highland lion. Add in the player that would train griffons to the guards and you can see where people would come up with some combat avoiding exploits.

So nothing to see here. If the guards did what they used to you would rarely see a highland lion up instead of their placeholders.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Same thing for Neriak guards. They don't attack bears.
  10. disgruntled Augur

Not to mention the -looking lion models and the silvermist wolves who prace like ponies! When you fix it, give us back the new models.