Mercenaries

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by AshurKaneXXL, May 25, 2017.

1. AshurKaneXXL New Member

Hi I don't know if this is covered already anywhere...I don't have to time to go through a zillion threads...if I upgrade to premium for a month or two, grab a good Merc / other goodies (AAs etc,) I know I can keep AAs n they just don't go up after I revert to FTP, but can I also keep the better tier of Merc? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! (Cuz I know someone e will reply :=)
  2. Gialana Augur

If you go All Access, you'll have access to the J1 merc from level 1.
    Even if you aren't All Access, you can do a quest series at level 75 in the SoD expansion or wait until level 85 to do a single quest in the HoT expansion to flag your character for access to J5 mercenaries.
    If you are All Access, you can then hire the J1 or J5 mercenary.
    But when you revert to FTP, you will not be able to "unsuspend" or use the Journeyman mercenary.
  3. AshurKaneXXL New Member

Aah ok, thanks alot Gia! that was an even better response than I hoped for :)
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Also if you have never been all access you only have access to the A 1-2 mercs I believe. If you go all access and then convert back to ftp you will have access to A 1-5 I believe. Honestly I don't know that there is much of a difference between the apprentice mercs past level 60ish. They are more of a speed bump for the mobs to run over while you scramble to zone.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

This is actually not guaranteed. I have two accounts that are almost identical (created same days, went heroic on the same days) but one went All Access for one month before the other one did. One has access to the extra mercs, and the other does not (still saying that Silver Access is required).

I submitted a help request and the GM told me that Silver Access is not a thing (despite the screenshots to the contrary) and that any extra access was a mistake in my favor. Silver Access would not be granted to my toon which was missing it, even though it paid for the month of All Access, because the GM said that Silver Access is no longer a thing. Total BS if you ask me, but fair warning to you: once you drop from All Access, you are on your own and may not retain all the features you expected (or even which you used to get).