trying to replace theme music

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, May 20, 2017.

1. hein Augur

I'm trying to find and replace the loading theme song, with the original old school one. anyone know the name of the file so i can replace it? I couldn't find it.

thanks!
  2. Vrinda Augur

I believe eqtheme.mp3 is the original loading theme music.
  3. hein Augur

unfortunately i replaced it, but it didn't work. still playes the modern theme
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you not wanting the random one that plays? Not sure if this is old school but a while ago they replaced the loading music with random ones that rotate. Lots of bad feedback and everyone wanted the old music back. So it is now an option. Go to options, general, upper right uncheck random loading music. This should play the original now.
  5. hein Augur

no Im not talking about that, I have that turned off. There is the original theme music ( ill leave you a link) its a bit different from the version you hear right now. I replaced the eqtheme file with the version i want, yet it still patches over it when I load the game. https://soundcloud.com/everquest-mu...t-opening-theme-v2?in=truthfed/sets/everquest
  6. Rauven Augur

Run the patcher, but don't click play. Then replace the mp3 (name the new one the same as the old and replace it). Click play and it should work.

This will need to be done each time you launch the game.

What they should do is allow a custom music folder like they did in EQ2 which uses the same method I mentioned but in its own folder that never gets patched.
  7. EspiritunNox New Member

Steps to replace music:

EQ Options > Sound off
    YouTube.com > Sound On