Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarth Lorekeeper

Can we get someone to look at the Nektulous newbie area spawn rate? After the patch the mob count has gone down drastically, and the respawn rate is very slow. This basically removes Nektulous as an option to start on for Agnarr.

This change looks like it was brought upon by the latest patch.

If we could get some Dev attention/response on this, that would be fantastic.
    Your_Ad_Here and Reht like this.
  2. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Ya i noticed it last night also testing on Lockjaw, there were zero mobs spawning around the city entrance all the way to the other side of the hill. So no level 1 and 2 mobs at all.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

BY the data, the majority of mobs are on <1 min, 3 min, or 6 min respawn. I don't see any particular server restrictions either.

I killed everything in the zone using a script, then 2 seconds later there were 200 again. There are at least 200 NPC's that respawn immediately on death. 99% of those are a_ or an_ I.E. killable trash.
  4. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Might want to check it out, we were testing on LJ and there are zero mobs spawning around the lowbie area. It is still the same today.
  5. Magic Augur

Maybe anyway make them spawn a bit faster, imagine 100+ ppl in each pick trying to kill something on Agnarr :)

Other servers dont lvl in Nek Forest anyway.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And I jsut replicated this on lockjaw. seconds after I killed everything in the zone 200 new mobs, 99% newbie.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

we can't really get faster than a 2 second respawn.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

snailish and MBear like this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

To be clear I haven't visited Nek Forest recently, I just assumed that was what the original poster was talking about regarding a lower mob density. Prathun may have already reverted this change during yesterday's patch.
  11. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Tuesday and Wed was fine for the lvl 1-3 stuff. We leveled to 7 there and move to LS testing a bit. I just happened to notice last night there were no noob spawns when hanging out by the gate.

I and a few others noticed it was still the same, I will check it out some more this weekend.

Thanks for looking into it.
  12. @grim New Member

We checked this out this morning, and it was a little odd - very few low level mobs around the zone in area to neriak. usually there are TONS of level 1-3 mobs running around there.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Maybe they are spawning, but not in the right place, or in a visible place?
  14. Tachya Elder

NOT fixed.

I've been poking around on LJ / Rage the past few days because of Agnarr, and something changed, probably with the patch on the 17th.

I don't know where all these mobs are that you are seeing, but they aren't in the area in front of Neriak where the 1-3(ish) mobs normally are. I just took a look on Ragefire and it's still empty.

Please, just take a look in game and you will see for yourself.
  15. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Ya Tachya, last night there was zero and i mean zero on all the rock area's out to the hills.

Same thing this morning when i checked.
  16. Prathun Developer

This change is intentional. Those spawns were originally added for Gates of Discord as a way to accelerate the low levels for new Berserkers and so are restricted to Gates of Discord on progression servers. You may need to change up your low level hunting strategy to account for the more classic-era population.
  17. MaestroM Augur

Someone wanna go check the other zones as well?

I was in Nek on LJ a week ago and there weren't exactly a billion mobs there then. I can only imagine what it'll be like now.
  18. Ashenor Lorekeeper

I call BS Prathun. There is a issue that last patch caused, there are no level 1-3 mobs anywhere close to zone out of Neriak

I highly doubt that anyone solo will be able kill anything in Nek at lvl 1. There are no spawns out front, but maybe that is working as intended to kill lvl 3+ things only solo.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  19. Lateryn Augur

He was checking "in-game" Did you not read the rest of the stuff? "And I jsut replicated this on lockjaw. seconds after I killed everything in the zone 200 new mobs, 99% newbie."

I mean if he killed everything, then 200 re-spawn in 2 seconds and 99% of that are newbie mobs, that sounds fine. Though based on prathun it sounds like they nerfed density.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think the concern is that there could be 200 mobs or 2000 mobs but if people don't see them then they might as well not exist.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.