Bring back old Freeport

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ltldogg, May 19, 2017.

1. Ltldogg Augur

With DBG now owning EQ and putting a lot of time in the TLP servers, can we get old Freeport back?
    Dulu likes this.
  2. Brumans Augur

Sweet, yet another thread about this, we hadn't had one today.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: There are a bunch of reasons why it's a no.
    Coronay likes this.
  4. Stigmas Elder

That is not true, devs have stated that it is possible, just that it would take too much time to revert all the revamped zones. However they have not stated that a reverting a single revamped zone is out of the question.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You just explained exactly why it's a no. The zone works, trying to revert it would take a ton of work and create a bunch of issues that would have to be troubleshot. DBG doesn't have the resources to burn on things like this. I like the old Freeport too, but it's just not realistic to expect them to do this, and even more unrealistic to expect it in time for a server that launches next week.
  6. Ellis Elder

Thank God, we so needed a thread about this since there aren't a hundred others!
  7. Stigmas Elder

I won't hold it against the devs if they don't get the old freeport back in. I have no idea how much time it would take. Just getting it out there that some people would like it.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's cool. Honestly it's like 90% hate new freeport, 8% dislike new freeport, and 2% have accepted that we're stuck with it. The percentage of people that actually like it is 0.00000001% or something indeterminate like that.
    Dulu likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd say a solid 50% don't care one way or the other.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You're probably right, my percentages were made up to reflect the subset of people that do have an opinion on old/new freeport.
  11. Green_Mage Augur

I don't like it. But I don't understand putting a lot of energy into trying to get it changed. Its just a starting town. It was kind of a boring one at that.
  12. -wycca Augur

The old zone(s) still exist. So it's theoretically able to be done. Old North Freeport is 100% in the game, pretty much exactly as you remember it, you can even access it in-game. Ie, I can go there right now on Phinigel if I wanted to. I'm guessing there's some potential issues with server data/zoning, missing vendors/npcs that should be there, etc though.
  13. Feliz Journeyman

Don't trust a statistic you haven't made up yourself.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I endorse this product and/or service.
  15. Karanthal Augur

73% of statistics are made up on the spot to prove a point.