Which class is the most passive support role?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ltldogg, May 19, 2017.

1. Ltldogg Augur

Enchanter, Cleric, Shaman, Druid, other? I'm thinking Shaman, but would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
  2. Coronay Augur

3. Kiani Augur

Most passive out of that lot, I'd say, would be druid or cleric.

A shaman played well is not passive. Shaman will usually be main slower, and if you're making the most of it, you'd be cannibalising a lot, not to mention the buffing.
  4. Dilf Augur

Bard is the most passive. Although they are a capable class of many things, you can literally put them on follow and let them /melody.
  5. Rovguy Journeyman

Bards for sure
  6. Gemini Syringes Augur

Only problem with bards is that people will often expect you to pull and that's not very passive. :D
  7. Green_Mage Augur

In a raid? MAGE
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

man, i remember the days when you would have been laughed and roasted for saying that. God bless the addition of /melody.
    Coronay likes this.
  9. Carns Lorekeeper

Yeah, I think a lot of "current EQ" people are going to be disappointed asking "returning player" bards to pull.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

"Um we aren't a pulling class until PoP, someone else needs to pull...."
    Carns likes this.
  11. Misaligned Augur

12. Carns Lorekeeper

I just pound the drum and make the "Africa" face.
    Coronay and Reht like this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

If you mean which one can you ninja afk regularly and get away with it, none of those, your group will die. Play a dps if you want to be able to afk without the group stopping.
    Carns likes this.
  14. Green_Mage Augur

I have a real problem with Bard being labeled "passive" anything. The most passive classes in my head are Cleric and Wizard.
  15. Machentoo Augur

You can have as much problem as you want, the fact remains that bard is the only class in the game that can afk completely and still contribute 50-75% of their usefulness to the group. I have seen bards go afk for an hour in a pickup group and the group says, "Sure, just afk melody in the corner." Any other class would be replaced instantly. This has had such an impact that bards generally have a reputation for being afk all the time these days in all the raiding guilds I've played with.
    Reht and Coronay like this.
  16. Coronay Augur

How would you define "passive support role" then?
  17. Green_Mage Augur

Sitting and observing for the rite moment to act. Like Cleric and Wizard. You shouldn't be AFK, but you have to sit and wait for the right moment to nuke of CH. Not very "active" feeling.

I like Druids and Necros partly because I fell like they have a good Active - Passive balance.
  18. Reht The Dude abides...

wow...just wow
  19. Samueru Journeyman

True of wizards. We have to poopsock our own mana bars in classic EQ.
  20. malaki Augur

You're still raining basically every cooldown and if your mana bar isn't dropping at or faster than the boss's health you get to sprinkle in direct nukes.
    Reht likes this.