why lock at pop

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nohope, May 19, 2017.

1. Nohope New Member

after pop put it as a vote ?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I want a server that is level locked every 5 levels. Then, to unlock to level 10, there needs to be a 6 week voting period. But not on that server, on the live ones. OMG it would be so much fun, people want this do it Daybreak
  3. DyllEQ New Member

4. Coronay Augur

Ppl wanted it that way
  5. AgentofChange Augur

Nohope of that
  6. Zapsos Augur

Because that's what people wanted... If you wan to experience content after PoP why not play or Phinny or Ragejaw?
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Pop, lock and drop it!
    Prathun, MaestroM and Ashenor like this.
  8. ayoforYayoh Augur

Just enjoy Agnarr until Pantheon is finished
  9. Carns Lorekeeper

All of the Agnarr hype only exists because it locks at PoP.
  10. Gemini Syringes Augur

Obviously that won't happen, but my hope is that on the next TLP, they finally get it right and make a Phinny-ruleset server with fast experience. Fast progression should be paired with fast experience because logic.
    Polekn likes this.
  11. Gemini Syringes Augur

What's funny is that Agnarr fans keep downplaying that part and talking about "adventuring" and the leveling game.
  12. Vandross Lorekeeper

:rolleyes:
  13. Carns Lorekeeper

No, they really don't. Those are the people hard charging to make cheap Krono but feel the need to disguise their motives.

The bulk of the Agnarr fans keep talking about locking at PoP and never having to deal with the time periods where EQ went to crap.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The entire point of a lock is to limit players capability in the content available. Nobody on this server will ever have better than PoP Raid & LDoN Raid gear. Many won't even have that gear, myself included. When you are out playing in a zone, you know the only way somebody can come in and dwarf your ability to utilize the zone is by adding accounts. The can't level past 65, they can't get gear that wildly trivializes the content. Sure, classic will be trivialized because 1-50 is a wide range. Kunark and Velious will still retain some difficulty, even in PoP group gear, at the appropriate levels. At 65 with PoTime/LDoN raid gear, it will be much easier, but that's as easy as that content will ever get on this server.

Those of us with limited playtime, who don't raid, aren't going to keep up with the crowd. For us it helps to know that the potential for racing will end. We can only fall so far behind. Three months of 1-50, nine months of 51-60, then 65 forever. Some people won't enjoy that, that's fine. But some of us are really excited to play in this environment.
    snailish, Fluid, liveitup1216 and 2 others like this.
  15. MaestroM Augur

TBH, I think my perfect server would be a 4-6 month lock at Luclin and PoP and then the normal unlock schedule through the rest of the expansions.

I actually do want to see the new stuff. I would love to see what EQ has become. I understand that its not too late to start up oh Phinny and I might even switch over to Phinny gradually. But I will be playing Agnarr at launch because being there early on in a server's life and the old zones full of life is 90% of the nostalgias for me.

At the rate they're going, a new progression server will be dropping shortly after Agnarr reaches its full lockout and I've leveled up all of my alts and done all of the quests that I want to do. Hopefully it will be something on the order of Phinny 2.0 (without the ridiculous exp rate).

Agnarr won't be my home. Everquest is my home. Given the timing, Agnarr is the most logical place for me to come home. What server I'll be on 2 years from now depends on what the next round looks like.
  16. Gemini Syringes Augur

A few might say that, but most people don't take ridiculous statements like that seriously, considering most of the people making such complaints readily admit they've never even played those expansions.
  17. Nohope New Member

that what im doing waiting for beta to open
  18. Khaliss Augur

a MAJORITY of us wanted a pop-locked server, that's what DBG is giving us... so I don't see a point to this thread. If you want to go beyond PoP, just play Phinny... either that or DBG allows transfers from Agnarr to Phinny later on.
  19. Ellis Elder

Sorry, no, many/most of us are excited that it's locking at PoP. It's the defining feature of the server. Seems obvious to me.
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

Yep, not like that was a new request or anything. I remember people begging for one years before Al'Kabor closed.