Live Update Bugs 05/17/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 17, 2017.

1. kthehammy Elder

Is the patch happening or not? The announcement says 3pm, its an hour past 3pm. And they are still up. Someone people thought you typoed and it was 4pm but its past 4pm and they are still showing as up. Are they coming down or not? And if they are, can you at least be bothered to post the updated/correct time?
  2. Prathun Developer

He's rare and he drops unique items with stats, but they aren't great stats. We can consider him for the next iteration.
  3. Ishtass Augur

Cool, either way, I've enjoyed learning about rares I didn't know about. Didn't know if there was objective criteria on what makes the list.
    Prathun likes this.
  4. Mithra Augur

Timorous Deep pirate rares captain crag, captain velinos, first mate daggerfist, first mate morgan, chartsman longneck and chartsman tallbones apparently do not exist?
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah, our criteria was:
    Has a placeholder (so not only an iconic NPC that spawns 100% of the time)
    Has items with "Significant" and the item is semi-unique, NOT only quest items,
    Is somewhat rare.

The first point is fairly self-evident, and why NPC like Emporer Crush are not on the list. Becuase. though Iconic, he is not rare.

The second point is a little more fluid and where I may have missed some NPC's that probably should count. Significant means it's a "good" item for the era. My search may miss items that are good because of a click. If the NPC only had exactly the same loot as the basepop, I may not have included it, but I may change this in the future for original EQ and early expansions.

The Third point is vague. Generally, on average, it should take more than 30 minutes of killing the PH to see the mob, usually more. From time to time some more common NPC's were chosen. For much of the old content, this was as low as 20 minutes, Though some were also VERY high... Our current time for the last MANY moderns expansions targets 72 minutes.
    Quatr, Ishtass and Janakin like this.
  6. Prathun Developer

I see that they can and do spawn on Beta and there doesn't appear to be anything that would prevent them from doing the same on Live...

Edit: Wait, they were set to spawn on Premium only (Stormhammer). That explains it.
    Tevik likes this.
  7. Mithra Augur

Can't find a single piece of information about them online anywhere.

I've swung by the pirate camps in TD a few times and never seen them either.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Prathun likes this.
  9. Warbreaker New Member

Ok, I can confirm that the Anchor situation is not only not fixed but getting worse on Bertox. I have multiple toons and I have their Primary Anchors in their housing. I have the Secondary Anchors in the Guild Hall.

My Main (Warbreaker) could not us the secondary anchor but 2 of my other accounts could use it just fine until this patch. Now none of my toons can use their Secondary Anchors to get to the Guild Hall.

I picked up the Anchors, logged out and back in, replaced them and still getting the red message that no anchor of that type could be found.
  10. Stell_CT Elder

Conqueror of Veeshan's Peak,

Just cleared them all on Cazic and didn't get credit for any.
  11. Warbreaker New Member

Also, any time I try to bring up the Calendar in game it crashes my client to desktop. This is on 3 separate toons. And before you ask I am using the default client with only a modification to the targeting circle.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I've noted these and will look into it.
  13. Prathun Developer

Checked the change logs and the Mac server data and he's been mat 1 (the ice look) in data forever. Suspect the model didn't have the ice mat originally and being mat 1 didn't present a problem until the ice mat was added and/or we changed how we load zone models. Switched all three versions of him to mat 0 so he'll have the fire djinn appearance.
  14. Imak Augur

Should probably remove Gkzzalk from Plane of Sky raids. He fits none of the criteria; purely a no-combat-required quest npc.

Hand of Veeshan is missing from the raid list. The third in the efreeti cycle Noble Djorn > Overseer of Air > Hand of Veeshan.
  15. Imak Augur

Killed Tae Ew Archon in Feerrott. Achievement updated for Tae Ew Templar.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

Hunter of The temple of Droga is completed in the Kunark Slayer tab but still uncheck in Hunter of The Temple of Droga.

You should also look at Crusader Zoglic from Hunter of Trakanon's Teeth. I have a feeling that its missing or as a super mega low % chance to spawn. Ive been missing that one ever since and everyone helping with a fresh hunter tab end up filling up the list missing it.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Adding this to my list.
    The second. 1% chance to spawn.
  18. Imak Augur

Killed all six dragons in Veeshan's Peak. Raid achievement updates for none of them.

Killed a few of the rares; the Hunter achievements updated ok.
  19. Orbital101 Augur

I just got that 1% just now!
  20. Shimmerleaf Augur

There are problems with the NPC models in static Crypt of Sul.
    a bokun now shows at naked human, male and female.
    Ravenous fiends now show as skeletons. This makes the big southern room look like a bone tornado.
    a neglected citizen some of these undead are now showing as naked humans
    a rotting follower some now show as naked humans.
    High Priestess shows a naked human female.

To the Brave Go the Spoils: the single a bokon (red to 105) shows as human female.

I have not checked the other Crypt of Sul instances.

I hope you have time to look at these.