Random Rudeness to Strangers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Karanthal, May 16, 2017.

1. Karanthal Augur

So there I was last night, playing a bit of Everquest and minding my own business in what little spare time I get these days, when some random shaman comes over and accuses me of ruining the game having no life because I'm boxing 3 chars. Now admittedly I have no life, I'm married with 2 kids and playing an 18 year old computer game in my spare time...

I get anger at box armies taking raid mobs, but really, I'm killing bats in a zone with maaaany bats. Go enjoy the game how you want and let others enjoy it how they want!.
    Bella222 likes this.
  2. Xanadas Augur

Happens to me from time to time as well. I play(ed) six toons. Some people just have nothing but spite inside.
  3. Zapford Elder

Probably the type who thinks boxing makes it harder for him/her to find a group, when in reality no one wants to group with them due to their crumby attitude.

White Knight syndrome.
    Reynen likes this.
  4. ayoforYayoh Augur

start a thread about Agnarr and you'll see a spite casserole .
  5. Silinius Augur

Happens to me all the time when I'm 157 boxing the entire population of Lockjaw... some random box will get a hair up his a... and just shut down. Accuses me of playing favorites etc. Makes me sad.

In all seriousness, no need to be rude to people. Unless of course, you're sitting around, minding your own and someone trains you. Then by all means... be rude!
  6. nagash101 Augur

It happens to all the old married fellas that box because we just don't have the time to find a group. I have way to many AFKs to group with other people but i still wanna kill me some orcs or a bat or two. The animosity towards playing more then one account at a time is crazy and a bit unsettling. I just wished that the "hard core" single player community would let the multi-boxer play his way and stop training and generally harassing the normal everyday boxer.
    Xanadas and DruidCT like this.
  7. Gemini Syringes Augur

I box a toon almost 100% of the time (oog) and I've never heard a negative comment on Phinny. Ever. Maybe it's 3+ that really pisses people off? lol
  8. Throndor Augur

You've ruined your own lands, You'll not ruin mine!!! (You're a straight white male!!!!REEEEEE!)
    Rhodz and andross77 like this.
  9. Misaligned Augur

I think you're on to something there. I think most people are fine with someone boxing a 2nd character but when they see 3 they get triggered.
    andross77 likes this.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

If someone is just harassing you for no reason screen shot the chat logs and report them with this. Just remember to stay calm on your end and don't say anything that could potentially violate the EULA. Get a couple jerks suspended or banned and maybe the others will leave people alone.
  11. Wulfgang New Member

[IMG]
    Misaligned and Bella222 like this.
  12. Machentoo Augur

How does "You are ruining the game because you 3 box" qualify as something that needs to be reported?
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Its the idea behind it. If the individual starts to become a little more vocal and violates the EULA which happens then report them. A lot of people don't stop at "You are ruining the game" and take things a bit to far to ruin some complete strangers experience.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Hey, if he trains him, or starts throwing out racial slurs, or whatever, then sure, fine, report away. It's a bit thin skinned to start reporting people just for saying something that you don't like, though.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

That's why I said "if they become a little more vocal and violates the EULA" report them. If people want to have a disagreement that's one thing but often times people that go around sending tells to strangers harassing them have nothing but bad intentions to begin with and have no problem taking things to far. It has nothing to do with being thin skinned but rather about not dealing with some "tough" guy behind a keyboard. I am guessing most of these people would not go up to some random stranger on the street and start harassing them because they know eventually someone is going to knock their teeth out. Since they have not invented the cyber uppercut yet we will have to settle for what we have and that's the report feature.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  16. DruidCT Augur

How do people even know you are boxing?
  17. Bella222 Elder

You gave me a good laugh with your "you have no life........" and I needed one because my life is the same.
  18. Bella222 Elder

You guys are SO funny sometimes. I love it!
  19. Chatoyan Elder

Timing is the main clue. People using the software that shan't be named, or hardware cheats, are too synchronized (all/most of the boxes stand/sit/nuke at same time). More than one toon on auto-follow might imply boxing. Auto-follow that works really well is a really good sign of the cheat software.

On the flip side, my timing when three-boxing is probably worse than expected, and almost always follows the same pattern:
    - paladin pulls and engages a mob
    - druid stands to cast hand of ro (for something big) or nuke
    - mage stands, sends pet, nukes

If you stood there and watched me for 5-10 pulls, the pattern would be pretty obvious, and you'd either assume I was boxing, or think my mage was a terrible player for being so slow to engage.
  20. Illusory Augur

I think you're trying to stir up trouble with a little pro-boxer rhetoric.

Screenshot proof of your little event 'last night' or it didn't happen.