Live Update Bugs 04/25/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Berserkous New Member

All,
    Just wanted to bring this other potential bug to light. I have been working on the Explorer achievement for Rain of Fear. I got the portal attunement quest for all the zones and did each before reentering Shards Landing. As I entered each new zone, I got an update which showed up under Rain of Fear under the Exploration tab. When I entered Shards Landing, all 7 or 8 of the portal quests updated at once, however I did not get credit (check boxes ticked) for anything under "Lesser Explorer of Rain of Fear" and only got credit under "The Portals of Shards Landing" for the two optional zones "Shadow of Fear and Chelsith Reborn"
    I have tried reclogging, going to each zone again, and anything else I can think of but nothing updates this achievement. There seems to be no way to get this to update.
    Here are some screen shots:
  2. Berserkous New Member

Sorry - screen shots did not save due to message too long errors.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I could not reproduce this on Beta, so it is either fixed internally, waiting for a patch, or you aren't getting the latest zone file. You can fix the later by deleting all frontiermtnsb files then patching, or wait for the former (might be best for both options anyway).
  4. Grig-zek New Member

Are we to assume at this point that the inability to fix the Beastlord special attack Feral Swipe, and more to the point the lack of acknowledgement that it's still broken, is silently a nerf to the beastlord class ?
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Get levitation and a run speed buff. Climb to one of the highest points of the zone and then run out wards towards the perimeter boarder of the zone while looking up. Most times you will end up on the other side of the invisible zone wall. This happens via other ways as well but that is the most easy to replicate.

Basically whomever designed the invisible boundary edge for the zone left tons of holes all over the place. You can go over the top, around and possible under it at various places and get stuck on the otherside.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

What about the Paladin 2.0 Epic bug for the Valdoon fight? Yes It might not be as important to every class but it is important to some.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is an entirely different matter than a block at a zone line.
  8. Ismel Augur

Bug with some Enchanter spells

[6277] Aegis of Abstraction
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60m (600 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    4: Cast: Aegis of Abstraction Trigger on Rune Fade
    5: Absorb Damage: 100%, Total: 1800
    Text: You are guarded by the aegis of abstraction.

the trigger for rune fade do not happen.

[45049/6625] Polyrefractive Rune
    Classes: ENC/105
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 2859
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 5s, Recast: 2.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 42m (420 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Absorb Damage: 100%, Total: 86776
    2: Cast: Polyrefractive Rune Strike on Rune Fade
    Text: A glowing shimmer of multicolored runes surrounds you.

Same problem the rune strike do not happen on rune fade.
    Been asking around and, I haven't found anyone with a log of those 2 triggering after April 19th patch.
  9. Ishtass Augur

Heh, you can do this in dreadlands too. Can get above Karnor's and then get trapped inside. It's funny though so don't fix it ;)
  10. wiha Elder

AND THE NEXT BIG PATCH DATE IS?
  11. Sancus Augur

My crystal ball says the 17th.
    Riou likes this.
  12. wiha Elder

I cannot bind in a GGH? My anchors don't work in the GGH, none of my items are listed even my house when I go to the gate in GL when are your guys going to fix this stuff????????
  13. Gialana Augur

I also could not reproduce this on my Windows 10 computer. It's likely that I never copied over the zone file to the Vista computer after Launchpad stopped working there. Sorry for the false alarm.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Monk Distant Strike AA, 1/3: Most of the time when I use it, I get:

[Fri May 12 21:52:14 2017] You begin casting Distant Strike.
    [Fri May 12 21:52:14 2017] Baadby hit a chokidai wardog for 2 points of non-melee damage.
    [Fri May 12 21:52:14 2017] A chokidai wardog is struck by an unseen enemy.
    [Fri May 12 21:52:14 2017] You escape from combat and evade your opponents.

So, it hits the target and then I fade. It's not supposed to fade me.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

This is an ability those particular mobs have when aggroed and nothing to do with whatever you did.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, that's a rather strange mob ability:

"Hey, that guy just threw a rock at me. I think I'll get him. Wait, what's that? Squirrel!" :confused:
  17. svann Augur

It is strange. To pull a dog you generally have to tag it 2x. I like to start casting requiem of time and then bellow just before it finishes. Then its also confusing for groups that run invis through dungeons because the first guy gets a pass but the 2nd person runs past the dog and he agros - because the dog's fade attack is on cooldown.
  18. Bluetooth New Member

Whats up with the server transfers they bugged again??
  19. Makta Elder

Seems that way/
  20. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

Can confirm runes no longer trigger spells on fade. Please fix! Aegis of abstraction is our epic rune.