Test Update 05/09/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2017.

1. roth Augur

The lack of gargoyles on this list is disturbing.

Velious gargoyles, I'm thinking in particular the ones in Velkator's Labyrinth, were changed from their original translucent velium look to a dark, veined marble look with, if I remember correctly, Depths of Darkhollow. If you are reverting mobs from LDoN and earlier to their original look, why exclude these?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Has anyone else the past 2 weeks tried to hunt for EoK mob drop collects?? They seem broken. We've spent about 20 hours the past two weekends hunting collects in Gates of Kor'sha, Badgers in Scorched and Giants in Scorched and have looted a whopping 3 collects. RNG is RNG and all but that sounds busted like Draymond Green kicks busted:

3. Orbital101 Augur

4. Prathun Developer

Found and fixed the odd "an orc centurion" in South Ro, thanks!

I'm on the fence about the population in Lavastorm. Some of those NPCs were added for Dragons of Norrath, like the lavaspinner spiders who are also in Lavaspinner's Lair next door. Though the fire goblins in Lavastorm should probably match the fire goblins in SolA, but maybe they'll look out of place next to the spiders and also the fire goblins in Broodlands use the new models and the zones are similar and maybe some of the Lavastorm population doesn't spawn in the zone until DoN launches and bleah. Will think on this and look into it further.
    Talladore likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

I find your lack of faith disturbing! ;)

Gargoyles were reverted to their classic look in classic zones a year ago in the May 2016 update.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-may-18-2016.232719/
    - Gargoyles across Norrath, celebrate by flapping your granite wings! In classic zones, Gargoyles have reverted to their classic appearance.
    Quatr, Gialana, Janakin and 1 other person like this.
  6. Taladir Augur

This is an amazing change in terms of nostalgia and much appreciated. Is there any way player pets can be reverted to the old models on progression servers which are LDoN or earlier? The animations on the old monk skeleton pets were so fun to watch.

Kudos for taking action on this. If the fix ends up being as advertised, you will have relieved many player concerns about Shaman and Druid power level.
    Prathun likes this.
  7. Wyvern Lorekeeper

Crazy changes to Shaman DoTs:

Blood of Yoppa Spell History
    Test Server Data

05/09/2017 - Mana Cost changed from '470' to '1527'

05/09/2017 - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 357 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 590 per tick'

05/09/2017 - Description changed from 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 357 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).' to 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 590 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).'

03/01/2017 - Mana Cost changed from '1150' to '470'

03/01/2017 - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 874 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 357 per tick'

03/01/2017 - Description changed from 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 874 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).' to 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 357 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).'

02/08/2017 - Mana Cost changed from '658' to '1150'

02/08/2017 - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 450 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 874 per tick'

02/08/2017 - Description changed from 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 450 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).' to 'Fills your target's blood with poison, causing 874 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks).'

08/19/2013 - Spell Blood of Yoppa first appeared in EQResource Spell Database.

---

This new mana cost to damage ratio in insanely terrible: 1:1 is about normal and now it costs 250% more mana for 30% damage increase from original (450 damage / 658 mana) to (590 / 1527). Not to mention the nerf in the middle to less damage than the original spell.

No reason to use this dot over the next one.

The next one is more inline with costs based on original spell.

Breath of Wunshi Spell History
    Test Server Data

05/09/2017 - Mana Cost changed from '773' to '1023'

05/09/2017 - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 446 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 1120 per tick'

05/09/2017 - Description changed from 'Sickens your target with a fever, causing between 446 and 446 damage every six seconds for 1m 24s (14 Ticks).' to 'Sickens your target with a fever, causing between 1120 and 1120 damage every six seconds for 1m 24s (14 Ticks).'

03/01/2017 - Mana Cost changed from '907' to '773'

03/01/2017 - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 566 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 446 per tick'

03/01/2017 - Description changed from 'Sickens your target with a fever, causing between 566 and 566 damage every six seconds for 1m 24s (14 Ticks).' to 'Sickens your target with a fever, causing between 446 and 446 damage every six seconds for 1m 24s (14 Ticks).'

02/08/2017 - Mana Cost changed from '500' to '907'

02/08/2017 - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 223 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 566 per tick'

02/08/2017 - Description changed from 'Sickens your target with a fever, causing between 223 and 223 damage every six seconds for 1m 24s (14 Ticks).' to 'Sickens your target with a fever, causing between 566 and 566 damage every six seconds for 1m 24s (14 Ticks).'

08/19/2013 - Spell Breath of Wunshi first appeared in EQResource Spell Database.
    ----
    No reason to use Blood of Yoppa over this dot as the damage is higher and mana cost is less and last longer than the Blood of Yoppa spell.

Blood of Yoppa should be a lot higher damage for the new mana costs shown.

I have not looked at all the spell changes but this must be an error as it does not make sense.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Hunter of Chardok: The Halls of Betrayal as 3x a rabid chokidai

Hunter of the Rathe Mountains dont seem to update after killing 'Shardwing
  9. Siddar Augur

Good thing you got around nerfing choatic contagion before the change to DoT stacking renders the change meaningless. Way to slip that nerf in before then. Never let chance to nerf go to waste. :)
  10. Wyvern Lorekeeper

I don't think they have any intention of revamping necro or SK dots - 14 months and no changes to dots other than this nerf here is very telling. Why bother with change if they are going to revamp...
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Hunter of Timorous Deep:
    Captain Crag
    Captain Velinos
    Chartsman Longneck
    Chartsman TallBones
    First Mate Daggerfist
    First Mate Morgan

Are those in Game ?
  12. Talladore Journeyman

You're welcome!

As for Lavastorm, that's completely understandable, and we all appreciate your service to our nostalgia. Many thanks Prathun. <3

P.S. - I may have to look around some more and see if I can spot anything else out of place. Perhaps you could list all the zones that have had race changes, as that would make testing much easier.
  13. eqgamer Augur

The new options when left clicking player's name in chat window is a great and welcomed addition! Ty for taking the time to add this feature.
  14. fransisco Augur

Can we have an option NOT to always see the janky old models?
    Personally, I think all the new ones are WAY better
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Perhaps? We are thinking on this.
    Janakin, Fanra, Ishtass and 1 other person like this.
  16. DruidCT Augur

Think harder! I REALLY want to kill Naggy on live server! Its a no-brainer. DOOOOOOO IT!!! :)
    Fanra likes this.
  17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Is there plans to make some of these new classic achievements work with the different versions of the zones for progression servers? Like for instance under Everquest > Hunter > Hunter of The Plane of Hate (Enchanced) is Plane of Hate B which comes out with LoY. So most of the NPC's in there won't be around until LoY on progression servers.
  18. fransisco Augur

What about letting live servers access the raid instances that progression servers get.
    It will stop the enormous greifing/problems before they start.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I can only like this once!
    Ishtass likes this.
  20. Ishtass Augur

But I can like your like!
    Jhenna_BB likes this.