So... Monks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sundance, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orienn TreeHugger

how bout we just not nerf anyone and make every dps class at the level of zerkers problem solved!
  2. Snazster Elder

Suppose refuse death line went from being activated to innate, if available, and whenever you drop below, say 25% (and it would have to be even for fractional hits)? I mean, there is never any time to use it on a boss, normally. Does anyone ever even bother with it other than for swarming? (And a couple people using it once in a while when they tank a named with their boxed alts doesn't count.)
  3. Snazster Elder

Oh, and as for rolling a 'zerker? Some of us predate 'zerkers by a considerable margin. It's a pride thing, not to mention a huge sunk cost in time and effort.

Plus, 'zerks have their own problems. We have a few in my raid guild, though I'm often the only monk. I don't think they ever out parse me on a raid boss. They do seem to die a lot though, even before the recent patch that screwed up our aggro so maybe that explains it. That and the fact I am using every in-game advantage I can ferret out, although they should probably be able to outdo me, even so, from what a lot of you have been saying.

We still need more dps and as part of that, to be more survivable without having to fd more. I am not wild about the way we have been turned into melee glass cannons, especially when the other cannons potentially, at least, do more damage.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

I suspect we'll see something similar to this next expansion, along with a significant increase to mob HP.
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

I think it's safe to say this now, Enchanters are out damaging monks on raids now... DB has lost their freaking minds.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

im actually quite surprised DBG hasn't come up with a new class just to show they cant jack monks over with a new class. is what is DBG.
  7. HeatherPurrs Augur

I've actually put on paper a new class for EQ. It's a Druid/Rogue except all attacks are melee and dots. Only evil races can be one. They have no ability to heal at all but get not just melee dots but spell dots and AA along the druid line. They have no dd spells or attacks. All melee is a 6 sec dot, removing weapon speed as a damage increase for the most part. Get full line of transportation spells and full line of buffs excluding regen of any kind of course. Chain armor class of course.

Sounds like fun?
  8. Kaliko Augur

Got parses? Sounds like you suck or have no adps.
  9. Phrovo1 Augur

probs spams Eye Gouge
  10. Chaosflux Augur

Dude it Blinds Mobs.

BLINDS THEM.
    fransisco and Phrovo1 like this.
  11. Sarcogian Augur

I'm glad to see monks breaking top 5 again now. =) But it's only in 2 events so far =(
  12. Ishtass Augur

You guys just short on all other classes? I still get wrecked by other dps, but maybe I just need to learn new tricks.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

i thought you were retired and raising baby goats?
  14. Sarcogian Augur

Buddy sent me some parses (top 5 guild to complete expansion), I don't know the inner workings of their guild ie: who was online or their death's. But it was refreshing to see a top tier monk back in a position where you're not relying on other classes to die 5 times to break top 10. Zerkers still took 1/2 but that's fine imo. I'd like to unretire sarc but for now parses will do. I asked him what changed burn wise and he said nothing except making sure alliance is used and tanks are on their a game. If I had more information to give I would but for now I'm still screwing around on a shaman.
  15. Sarcogian Augur

Pfft I am. My goats love me thank you.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  16. Horyuken Augur

If you have the monks to trigger the alliance reliably, and you have a good rotation so you have it in place most of the fight you shouldn't have a problem making the parse. This can probably be said for most classes.
  17. Splittin Journeyman

Monks have a stun and a snare, we have a purify on a longer timer, pretty sure monks do too. Yes we get a leech that once again has a longer timer. Monks have an aura as well and while we have a war cry its, outdated and remained as such because its been surpassed by other abilities, though we click it to feel special, we have dicho which is a massive part of our dps.
    Monks have a feign dead that is pretty much fail proof and constant, a mend that has a very short timer and you all do have a monsterous kick. Its not dicho but oh well.

Do you take reduced healing when you burn? Do you have to juggle your hit points to activate abilities? Do you do any damage to yourselves at all in order to maximize your dps? Do you get blinded or rooted in order to dps? No.

You get to do your dps and just click away like its not big thing while we have to time ours right to not die to an AE ramp or AE spell. Must be nice.. You like to point out all the great things about the class and cry nerf but conveniently forgot about the drawbacks that OUR class and only OUR class has to go through in order to do that. Berserkers die more than any class in game, including tanks and quite often, other classes will beat us on a parse if its an AE heavy fight or we just get agro and face . So please spare us the boohoo because we have spent more years piloting the suck bus than about everyone and that is with our drawbacks. You also seem to forget that monks tank very well and zerkers DO NOT.. Its pretty much known that we get steamrolled nightly on raids.

So instead of calling for nerfs like a cry baby for another class that finally got buffed after sucking for years, ask to get buffed to be closer to us in DPS. Monks ith their abilities shouldnt be number one, rogues will sit number 2 for melee and they dont go through the loopholes we do nor can tank even remotely close to you all either.

Enjoy that FD button with that constant mend, our Self preservation is garbage and doesnt work half the time and hen we get agro, we usually die in short order right after.
  18. Phrovo1 Augur

So uh, how about that new zerker disc? The one with a 100% uptime? I've been told that zerkers don't really bother with their other discs anymore
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

Yes. Try life marked as puller all the time.
    fransisco and kizant like this.
  20. Ishtass Augur

So the argument is that zerkers, through a lot of skill, are able to generate incredible dps, while monks don't have to worry about skill because they can never generate dps? Sounds boring.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.