Live Update Bugs 04/25/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Greymantle Augur

Found a crash bug that may have been reported before but note sure. A trio of us did the 13th aniversary mission for the bat illusion item. We had advanced looting on, we were killing the mobs so quickly the window could not keep up. At several points the person that was flagged as the master looter crashed. Tried different toons/pc's same thing. Once we turned off Adv. looting it was fine.
  2. segap Augur

This has been an issue since Advanced Loot was introduced.
  3. Gialana Augur

The entrance to Frontier Mountains from Scorched Woods in EoK is still has an invisible wall, though it's definitely improved from a month ago. My gnome on horseback gets stuck on the right (when facing the direction to advance further into FM) half of the tunnel, though there's a small opening against the right wall. The left half of the tunnel appears to be completely free from invisible walls. So it's again easy for larger (normal?) races on mount to get through, but it would be even nicer to have the invisible wall gone completely.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This may help in troubleshooting the anchor issue. One of my free accounts, who are not allowed to put anchor's in guild halls at all, is now getting the same message about no placed item found. The anchor is at another plot in the neighborhood. A few of my subscription accounts have now lost the ability to port to the primary anchor even when placed outside the hall.
  5. Kellan Journeyman

On the bugged anchor issue: We have found that the game (not sure if server or client) is reading the guild hall item list of a DIFFERENT toon from the one doing the reading. People are porting to a different toon's anchor, sometimes even in a different guild hall. If the bugged toon is checking for the anchor of a toon that has no anchor, it gets the no-anchor message -- but if that other toon does have one, it ports to that other anchor even if it's in a different guild hall. This entire problem seems to be a bug with the game reading the database. My only suggestion to the devs is to get a few volunteers who have ported to someone else's guild hall to do this while you are watching what the program is doing on your screens at work so maybe you can see what the program is doing incorrectly -- or log in that toon yourself and do it while logging the program's commands.
    Janakin and svann like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[Tue May 02 20:36:28 2017] Your Gift of Mana (100) spell on Dedos has been overwritten.

This is another example of the bug where things you don't have on other characters are reported to you as being overwritten. Gift of Mana is not a spell but an AA that only works on myself (Fanra) and thus is not and cannot be on Dedos.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Tonight while doing the raid Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls, we got something like:

***ERROR*** has been targeted for poison blast!

It went across the screen. It does not show up in my log file, so I can't paste the exact message. It might be related to her leashing.

Bertoxx server.
  8. High Voltage Augur

Want to second the report about the enchanter AA Beguilers [Directed] Banishment.
    This could be used to punt the mob(s) out of aggro range for the most part. Now all of a sudden it's barely enough to get 'em out of melee range, rendering it rather useless (just like our bp focus).
  9. Janakin Augur

Usually that happens when the target is a corpse or not in zone.
  10. kizant Augur

Yep it's pretty bad now. Out of all the bugs posted this one affects me the most so it should be high priority. Fix please!
  11. wiha Elder

not only the anchors not working but when i do a search for my items at the gate it does not show the stuff i put in my guild halls or other toons houses
  12. Fehu Journeyman

Imagine my surprise when GGH anchor was not working again and I had to pick everything up and do the old fix yet again...got this:[Thu May 04 20:35:35 2017] 1 House items failed to load for layout "Auto Fehu xegony Machin Shin Village III, 200 Guild Way".
    [Thu May 04 20:35:35 2017] FAILED HOUSE ITEMS:
    [Thu May 04 20:35:35 2017] Guild Hall Anchor: 1
    wich was odd because it did load just in an old layout.
    Now this is how I'm starting to feel about all this
    [IMG]
  13. Warpeace Augur

Was just fighting Jailor Muxfan in a pick zone and he banishes you to the static zone version. Getting banished to a different pick should never happen.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. svann Augur

Same with Bard's silent displacement. I used to be able to split mobs with it. Kick one away and the other comes alone. Now if they are right next to each other then it doesnt push the one far enough and he reaggros because he sees the other one is agro.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

This actually needs to be fixed badly as it makes the push away / memblur spells useless as they stand now.
  16. Arluin New Member

Group - Advanced Loot Bug

If an item was previously marked as Never Loot (but you find it in the adv loot window and change your mind)
    Click AG, both NeverLoot and AG button stays highlighted and you crash.
  17. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'm still not receiving meta achievements.
  18. TomSawyer New Member

19. Caemien Elder

It's not just enchanters that are affected. Wizzy punt. Beam of Displacement also now does the same, very short distance knock back.
  20. Dzarn Developer

To give a status update on the most common reports:
    • We've identified the issue where some achievements are failing to be marked complete after satisfying their component parts and have fixed it internally. Logging in after the next full patch should cause any of the affected achievements to complete.
    • We've identified what we believe is the cause of the real estate item bug (server not correctly realizing you have items in certain real estates) and have put in a fix internally. We suspect the next full patch will resolve this issue as well.
    • We're looking into the issue where some spells aren't applying their knockback effects on NPCs the same way they did prior to the last patch.
    RPoo, DebonAir, Janakin and 3 others like this.