Can we please stop the RMT!!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eniner, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eniner Augur

I will say this a average player will not be able to box on phin with the block ways in place. But someone who depends on eq to pay their bills and extremely good with computers have found their way in to do the damage we all see. An average player would give up after a few methods people who have a drive in programming and coding on other hand that this pays their house bills have put the time in to ensure they could get in. With guides helps this can end. With their devotion they them self can single handed end rmt on prog servers. I am not bashing talking down or anything of the such just want the guides to seek and destroy so new comers dont run scared from prog servers when they find out they cant afford a upgrade.
  2. MaestroM Augur

And to the people saying you can box on Phinny, of course you can. I don't think anyone here has any illusions about a perfect truebox server, but it means when someone is rolling deep with 10 toons steamrolling camps, we might have some recourse.
  3. Eniner Augur

For instance if you were unable to get your warrior a red dragon scale you was forced to try purchase one while seeking a guild to help you. People mass farming these dragons stopped them from even being able to try find a guild to kill it because someone has it on lock down. The bigger issue once they killed this dragon the red dragon scale was selling for no less at the time then 50 krono a scale! At what point is a quest item worth 900 dollars to someone to just advance. 50 krono from daybreak = 900 bucks no new comer will find this appealing no new comer will find a server like this welcoming. It is inflated to the point its hard to have fun anymore.
  4. MaestroM Augur

Exactly why I don't play on RF.

RF has a place for us dude. Phinny/Agnarr.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  5. Baldur Augur

I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying. It's why most of us left Ragefire/Lockjaw. Without AoC instances and true box code it's a cesspool.

Come join the better rule set servers and play on Phinny or wait a little bit and join Agnarr when it starts up. You'll be a lot happier.
  6. Eniner Augur

Well thats the issue it should be fixed not run us off.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I thought that program was stopped a while ago.
  8. Baldur Augur

They did fix it with AoC instancing and true box. They just couldn't add it to a server that didn't have it, or at least they chose not to. That's why they started Phinny with the new rules.

If you haven't played on a server with AoC instancing and true box, I would highly recommend it. Most of the issues you are talking about are gone.

I doubt they ever open another TLP without AoC instancing and true box. Without it classic through PoP are shows.
  9. Rhodz Augur

To reduce RMT at this point the krono program would have to be ended.
    It is to be curt the currency of the realm.
    This would not be without serious consequence and seems few would wish to suffer through those.
    RMT will always exist to some extent but once the game company is in on it also that is just ringing the dinner bell. Now everyone is in on it trading krono (real cash) for items, selling krono for cash etc.
    the ship has sailed
  10. Eniner Augur

Well if we can fix the prog server mass boxing issues that would kill a lot of the krono market as they would not be needed as much. Slamming down on wrongful using boxers would kill a lot of the need and the spike wouldnt need to keep a army subbed as they are gone.
  11. eqzekisdead Augur

RMT is so out of hand on live servers it almost feels like daybreak is encouraging it. The daybreak crew is so small there is nothing they can do about it so don't get your hopes up.
  12. Kicking Snake Lorekeeper

Krono is great compared to a black market like p99 right?
    Cakekizy likes this.
  13. Agnecro Journeyman

I think it's funny the server has the name Rage in it.
  14. oldandnasty Augur

Reducing the trade ability of krono to allow it to be traded only once or twice would help a great deal.
  15. Kahna Augur

They did fix it, they made Phinny. You are playing on the servers they left alone so mass boxers could have fun too and then complaining about mass boxers being there and doing what mass boxers do. It's not about running you off, it's about the fact that you are playing on the sever that caters to a certain crowd. You should move to a server that caters to your style of play. Keeping in mind that no server is going to be exactly what you want so you need to weigh the pros and cons.
  16. Ryder Lorekeeper

Krono prices have spiked due to people stripping characters on servers to have Krono for Agnarr.
  17. Zansobar Augur

Which means Krono prices in platinum will be lower on Agnarr due to a relative oversupply of Krono vs plat at launch.

I really don't see the issue with Krono being a problem. If it was gone the farmers would be selling their items and plat for real money via websites instead, which in turn would be sold to other players for more real money. That money would then be used to fund their game subscriptions instead of Kronos.

With Kronos, at least DBG get's some of the money that would otherwise go to the gold seller websites and can use that money to develop the game. So even if you don't partake of the Krono market you still benefit from it by the game being funded.
  18. Snorl Lorekeeper

I don't know why you are claiming p99 is some gold standard of anti-box code. In my years playing there I saw plenty of people boxxing 2 characters without getting caught banned or even suspended. In addition to that its totally in the best interest of rogean to catch and ban all other RMTers on the p99 server so that he can keep all the RMT proffits for himself. Whereas with DayBreak and Krono, they are proffiting off of the RMT even if it is box armies on non-truebox servers that are doing the farming and krono hoarding.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Or, they might be using 10 computers, in which case you don't, because that would be allowed.
  20. DariyaVika Augur

That's why I quit Ragefire at 52 on my warrior when it was still in Kunark. Zero chance of ever getting an epic without paying a fortune for it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.