Kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oscilioth, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shamra New Member

Thank you so much! I am wondering why Daybreak Games can't do this on the website.
  2. Bigfan Augur

You need to make a link to "eqgame.exe patchme" after it..

Next patch I make I'll include screenshot instructions, I spos.
  3. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

I see! Thank you again for your kind attention. :)
  4. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

The servers are currently locked again. I'm wondering if we'll need your guys' help twice in a day. Ugh. :(

All servers will undergo maintenance beginning at 5 PM PDT (00:00 UTC) to address a technical issue. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 3 hours.
    RadarX, Today at 3:10 PM
    #1 Last edited by RadarX, Today at 5:00 PM Like
  5. Bigfan Augur

Prolly won't be another eqgame change till next month
  6. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

Yes, I got in just fine a few minutes ago. :)
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Its nice that Kahlef is offering us XP and Vista users the patched files but as long as we are dependant on this single inofficial source we do not have planning security. In consequence I countermanded my fresh 1-year membership and received back the money from 11 months and the already used month got charged on the much more expensive 1-month tariff. It is obvious that Daybreak does not want and need us XP/Vista users as customers.

I won´t change my running machine and give up security just for a game. All microsoft operating systems since XP are spyware but at least there is XP-Antispy and other software to close the leaks and backdoors in XP. Windows XP isn´t a good OS because of its bugs that can damage the whole installation and boot sectors but its better than everything else on the market for the average user that does not want spyware on his computer. Supergeeks can go with Linux as its possible to run EQ there but I failed on this so far as Linux is very complicated. It would be the best if Daybreak could develop its own OS without spyware. ;)
  8. Bigfan Augur

Dude, no matter what you say, you are wrong.

It's only a matter of time before you are forced to upgrade or give up on it, so doesn't matter to me.

Personally I can't wait till eqgame.exe no longer works for under win 7...You see that dx9.dll..If they change that..Say good bye.

It's only a matter of time, and it's ticking faster now.
    Already on borrowed time as it is.
  9. Janakin Augur

DX9 is a crutch for improving visuals that is for sure.

With last nights downtime I upgraded my Vista box to Windows 8 and noticed EQ was also running much better under it.
  10. Capacittor New Member

I couldn't believe the performance increase going from Vista to 7 on my box PC as well. Those toons were chugging along around 25 fps on Vista, after upgrading to 7 they are all running around 55 fps.I kind of feel stupid for being so lazy for so long.
    Metanis and Janakin like this.
  11. Claritydealer Journeyman

Might not just be the upgrade from Vista to 8... The last patch EQ initially was loading crazy slow. Last patch improved performance and I'm running Windows 7.
    Janakin likes this.
  12. Bigfan Augur

7 - 8 is noticeable, 7/8 to 10 is VERY noticeable, xp to any of those 3 is like playing on a jar of mayonnaise.
  13. nantalbus Elder

So at what point do you bit the bullet and upgrade cause your OS is to old to do anything but play 10-15 year old single player games. And can't handle the newest games or game such as eq that keep getting updated to work with the newest software out there?

As someone who at one point worked for a 3rd party call center dealing with MS calls and was trained on all the current windows at the time including xp/vista. I find all of windows 7+ to be no more of spyware pain then XP.(If you know what you are doing to deal with them).

But anyone with any computer exp knows at some point even though you don't like the idea you have to upgrade to the newest software to keep current. Its just a matter of how bad you want to keep up with newer games/programs. At some point you not even going be able to connect to the internet on a system that old.
  14. Acen Elder

Its like a car, its upgraded and depreciated the minute you buy it. That is why most people are dragged kicking and screaming into the next system. Sure upgrade if you want, but you should not have to for an old game.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If the game wasn't being updated anymore, sure... but it IS.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. nantalbus Elder

For any game that is a one time buy and not needed online sure. But for a game that is a online game such as eq in order to keep going its has to keep up to date with current software/hardware. If not it dies. When I started playing eq I was on a windows 98 machine, and would work on a windows 95 machine. Should the game still be able to work on one of those old OS?

WoW is the same way. its what 10 years old. so it started out with xp/vista/me time frame. But it moved on to 7+. Why should eq be any different?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you really want to use the silly car analogy.. cars used to run on leaded gas. They don't sell leaded gas anymore. If you buy a car that requires leaded gas, do you sit there and rage at the gas station for not selling leaded gas? No... you make the necessary changes to the car to make sure the damn thing continues to run with the currently available fuel.
  18. Bigfan Augur

I'm not gonna post anymore, I'll just post when I have a patch, but I'm hoping daybreak does away with it.

There is no benefit to XP/Vista..Soon 7 will be end of life which Microsoft is already working on. Soo I'll be nice and update till it no longer works for eqgame.exe (hope soon). But honestly I shouldn't enable people to keep playing on outdated machines. Daybreak shouldn't have to either.
    Metanis and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Xelera New Member

Anyone have a link to whatever files changed since yesterday, preventing the "patchme" bypass to not work now? Had to be at least one file...
  20. Ronzonius New Member

I completely understand the need to update my system, I've been putting it off for way too long... but the game RUNS perfectly on Windows XP, they just messed up the launchpad.

I just wanted to thank those that have been posting the patch files and giving me some playtime while the parts for my new computer are being shipped!

Seriously, though, for the people making the car comparisons and the insults for those that haven't upgraded... the OS handles the game fine... it's like having a car that runs fine, but you can't unlock the door from the outside.
    Cakekizy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.