EQ Music, Daybreak ruined it...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Apr 24, 2017.

1. GoneFission Augur

I shut sound off 15 years ago after spending 2 hours listening to me running around Everfrost, trying to find the way back into Halas. I only ever used it for audio warnings on raids.

One thing from years ago, I remember Stillmoon Temple having a sort of Japanese themed music to go along with the general zone appearance. Along with the cherry blossoms and beautiful architecture, I loved the music there. When I went back a couple months ago, the music was nothing like I remembered it. Was it changed, or am I remembering somewhere else?
  2. Gigantasaur New Member

I actually really like the new music but I do hop on YouTube sometimes for max nostalgia
  3. Aghinem Augur

Who has time to listen to music when you are chattin with your guild mates on vent?
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Personally I'll never turn the music back on until they add an option to turn it off on the character screen.
  5. runecrow Elder

I liked the Luclin music addition. When I first heard it I thought that somone had actually written retroactive game music, and was impressed at how well they were able to get the feel of game music from the time. Then I found out it was actually from the time, which made sense.

A lot of the zone music I like, but I dislike chaotic zone music like found in Dragonscale Hills.I think my favorite zone music is Natimbi. Draniks Scar is good. Katta Castellum. Crescent Reach is good. Steamfont and Freeport are jaunty tunes. Plane of Tranquility is mighty good, but I don't like the part where the music swells, so I edited that part out. Oh Plane of Time is funky, I dig it.

I like to put movie soundtracks in zones, too. The LotR soundtrack is cool zone music. So is Tron: Legacy. I remember running a Tron themed zone music for a while, and there was this time I had the tune "Fall" as my combat music. Well, my PC got into a really tough fight and that song is playing and the music is reaching a crescendo and the battle is biting nails close THWCK THACK my PC health is dropping, and it was so tense I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I shouted YAH! grabbed my headphones and threw them across the room.

Oh here is that tune, imagine this is blasting in your ears during a really intense combat:

Needless to say I changed that music presto.
  6. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

Plane of Earth has always been my hands-down favorite.