Kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oscilioth, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toodlem Elder

I'm having trouble also getting them to download properly
  2. Yojimbo New Member

Try manually copying the files from the update that are in folders to your installation (and the 'Achievements folder wholesale). I had a similar 'unable to connect' issue until I did that.

ETA: Hmm, never mind...I'm getting the issue now too. What changed since yesterday?
  3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Theres a file in your eq folder called "downloadtext" or something like that. Thats how i was able to isolate the files. I appreciate Kahlev taking the time to do this though (especially because Daybreak is ignoring fixing/supporting this).
  4. Moege Augur

For the paranoid, compared files and its the same on my setup
    SHA-1 checksums
    eqgame.exe: D7CA1DFA224DFF484F3AD2612244880642B348CD
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll: F2AFCF1CC9B57DBBD227A17B4141BC5F172D2A1E
    eqmain.dll: 992A7B59B58FD4729C1055F2497BA92883D44FF0
    OptionsEditor.exe: A9F6390D5B7EAB10D8BB3EDEA58AD4E8070D9F19
  5. Kolosuss New Member

Download the Windows 10 USB ISO package. Select activate later. Proceed with install on selected PC. Do not try to upgrade as that is not an option. Just tell the site you already have a Product key and you just want the ISO file. If need be you can click "Contact us" and select Live Chat and a Microsoft Representitive will be happy to make your bootable ISO for you. usually takes less than 45 mins to download and install. I've literally done this one 20+ PC's the past year including one I just did 3 days ago.
  6. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

For those having issues with the files... i screwed up and packed them up inside a folder called patch25042017, my bad :p

Just extract the files to your desktop, then manually copy them to your eq folder. The files are:

• eqgame.exe
    • EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    • eqmain.dll
    • OptionsEditor.exe
  7. toodlem Elder

It isn't about new content... once you get past the patcher xp plays the game just fine. It is amazing that other players care enough to post work arounds while the "programmers" at Daybreak to care about customers enough to fix the damned Launchpad. Several patches ago I lost the ability to play on my oldest machine and their response was basically, "too bad". I guess they are just hemmoraging money and subscribers and don't need the players who have been in the game since the beginning or those who can't update computers just to play eq. Makes me madder than a hornet. I remember the days when companies actually made efforts to take care of their paying customers.
  8. toodlem Elder

thank you so much for helping us play! Bless you!
  9. toodlem Elder

Are you sending all of us a check so we can go buy a new machine... or 2... can't wait!
  10. toodlem Elder

And it is quite sad... seems that they could fix Launchpad.. which is definitely the problem.
  11. Bigfan Augur

Hey if you saved just 20 bucks a month for the 16 years that XP was in service you'd have $3840 dollars! Or better yet, 3 years since XP was end of life that's $720!

Idiot.
    Zirquel likes this.
  12. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Just ignore this guy, it's clear the account exists solely to troll this thread.
  13. Janakin Augur

.DownloadInfo.txt

**** Starting at Tue Apr 25 18:20:01 2017 with plug-in 1.0.3.195 ****
    5940-00:00:01:Checking game installation...
    5940-00:00:02:Found 4 file(s) to update.
    5c88-00:00:02:patching EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    51bc-00:00:02:patching eqgame.exe
    5c88-00:00:02:patching eqmain.dll
    5c88-00:00:02:patching OptionsEditor.exe
    Finished downloading 615,258 bytes in 0.936 seconds (657,326 bytes per second)
    Saved 4,220,945 bytes with delta patches
  14. Janakin Augur

And I was late to the response party, hah was on wrong page...
  15. Bigfan Augur

Updated patch file with new files, this is both patches together, which after time(and needed unless daybreak does true work around) will be huge if it keeps getting compounded..
    Use it or not, honestly don't care, just made it simpler. Unless someone builds a launchpad that pulls just the files needed.*shrug* FYI if daybreak does make a legacy launchpad(HIGHLY unlikely) you will still need to download it.

Bag on me if you want, but I am right, windows xp and vista by all rights should not be used.

https://mega.nz/#!BvB0kDqA!l33RIJDvWu3evBNsuALmzFiZTR1SikK2SsYxYItoAOM

enjoy.
    Fandiien and Smokezz like this.
  16. segap Augur

At some point they need to decide if keeping support for obsolete operating systems/computers is more expensive than the revenue they'd lose by cutting off support. It's not free to keep doing work-arounds for XP/Vista.

EQ is a bit tricky doing that financial assessment, however, in that if you lose the right few subscribers, it can cascade to numerous others that are on current platforms.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  17. Claritydealer Journeyman

Well it's obvious the problem is with the patcher and not EQ in general if copying the files from existing installations to old computers causes them to continue to be able to play.

So why not fix the damn patcher already?
    Cakekizy likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't think they even have a winxp/vista machine anymore, so they can't test the patches for compatibility.
  19. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Because the interns that are in charge of the patcher now cannot be told to fix it or they will scream harrassment? Devs acknowledged grudgingly that the change was not intended, but chances of them fixing it are as high as chances of trolls to stop telling people to "lol upgrade poorfag" in this thread.

Probably at this point the only way to see this through would be to annoy Holly on twitter, but frankly it's not worth it imho. If they want to chose loyal customers over an unnecesary change that gives them no benefit at all, then so be it. When they need support for anything we will be sure to answer in kind.
  20. Ever Wondering Why New Member

I for some reason can not get the 4 files mentioned plus the patchme work around to work on my Win Xp Machine or Vista. I tried to overwrite the existing files but it keeps saying the same thing about the Kernel32 message. Could you please help me out on this Kahlev Al-Calen.

Thank you,
    Wanting to play the game again but not able to is frustrating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.