KRONOS / BANNING

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kookoo, Apr 23, 2017.

1. kookoo Augur

hi, one of my best friend in EQ got a rare EOK item that he sell for kronos , and he got banned not long after because these kronos it seem were ** not legal ** , I know that guy and he not the kind of person to cheat ..

my question is : I got many kronos that I bought from other players with platinums

I never and will never buy them from 3rd party / site , , how can we know if the kronos we buy from other players are legal or not?..we should not get banned for that, it should be easy for DB to track the one who cheated ?

I would not like to get banned when not cheating.............................
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Hiladdar likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought they didn't give specific reasons why an account was banned. How did he know it was because of krono? And as Ghub says they are intended to be traded so I am a bit skeptical that the ONLY thing that happened is selling an EOK item and getting bad krono. We would be seeing hundreds of people getting banned if that was the case. But my apologies if I am wrong.

And if he believes he was banned in error he should follow these instructions https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509308-Why-is-my-account-banned-

The description below from the link above sure makes it sound like they don't say why an account is banned.

There are a variety of reasons why your account might be banned. If you aren’t sure, take a look at the following list to see if any of these apply to you.
    Ban reasons:
    • Disputed Charges (Chargebacks) (click for more info)
    • Fraud Prevention
    • Using 3rd party software or cheat programs to gain an unfair advantage over other players
    • Modification of your computer or OS environment in an attempt to falsify or circumvent anti-cheat detection.
    • Exploiting bugs or game mechanics
    • Harassing other players
    • Inappropriate language and conduct
    • Scamming another player
    • Farming resources to sell illegitimately, creating an imbalance in the game economy
    • DCUO players that were migrated to ProSieben Games will need to use their migrated account
    Please review the Terms of Service for more information.
    If you attempt to log in and get a message saying your account was Suspended, click HERE instead.
    What do I do now?
    • Bans, unlike suspensions, are meant to be permanent and are not easily reversed.
    • If you believe your account has a chargeback, click HERE.
    • If you believe your account is only suspended and not banned, click HERE.
    • For banned accounts, you will usually need to create a new account to continue playing. (Note: Repeat offenders may be blocked from creating/accessing new Daybreak Games accounts.)
    • If you truly believe that your account was banned in error and are willing to fill out the forms and provide the files to try to prove it, click HERE.
    svann likes this.
  4. Bamkan Augur

As you brought a EoK raid charm for 6 krono previously, I'm going to guess that you are on FV server.

If I was to take a wild guess at the identify of someone recently banned on that server then I would assume your friend is Draico
    And I guess the ban would be for Inappropriate Language and Conduct.
    Aghinem, svann and Treage_Imminent like this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

It wasn't because of the Krono.

Interesting way to word that?

If you did something that rates a ban it could be hours, days or weeks later before it catches up to you. Just because someone is not cheating at the moment doesn't mean their actions will not catch up to them.
  6. lancelove Augur

Stumbling through the english here, but if you got suspended or your friend it wasnt someone elses fault.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hypothetical scenario:
    1. person A buy a krono on market place, and sells it for a rare to person B
    2. person B consumes the krono
    3. person A does a chargeback
    4. does person B loose 30 days subscription? or is he banned?
    Could be a variant of the TBM chargeback fiasko...
  8. Roxxanna Augur

I asked this question not too long ago and never really got an answer, now I'm sitting on a bunch of Krono I'm afraid to use.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not afraid to use any of my krono.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can give them to me and I will let you know how it worked out. ;)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. kookoo Augur

it's not in FV server , he is from rathe . and I don't know that draico from FV.
  12. Aghinem Augur

This makes no sense. If Rathe is standard ruleset, in which a majority of items are NOTRADE - how can he sell a rare EOK raid item for krono?
  13. Lynnia Augur

There are items which are raid quality, but tradeable, and drop super-rarely randomly from EOK mobs. They tend to sell for a large amount of plat or for several kronos.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. disgruntled Augur

Did you all forget that last year people who bought Kronos from DBG got banned?
  15. Ghubuk Augur

I think that was expansion keys.
  16. Thraine Augur

its interesting the devs have turned the game into a pay to win game, but then punish people for buying and trading kronos.

i dont think there is any way to tell if the kronos your getting are legit or not, you just gotta hope the person your trading with isnt a scammer .. good luck, cause if they are the Devs do NOT care, they will nail your a$$ to the wall in a second and send you some silly automated response on why you cant play EQ anymore.

this hasnt happened to me personally but i just kinda treat the devs like they are cops .. careful, they will tell you your allowed to do something then turn on you in a second and they have the authority to ruin your EQ life lol
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Last year people who bought expansions and heroic characters off a third party site got banned during the 4th of July weekend then unbanned. What was this krono issue you are talking about.
  18. kookoo Augur

well I was shocked to see that guy ( good eq friend ) that I know since 10 years + , got banned , he not the kind of person to cheat, but who can really know , I guess ( hope ) DB got ways to track the cheater,
    and didn't miss the boat on that one.................
  19. Roxxanna Augur

There were lots of different items bought, sold, then card chargeback'd. I don't remember if Krono were involved, which is why I asked to begin with. Maybe Krono are handled different and there's nothing to worry about........or maybe not. This is why we ask questions. We know they read these forum posts, how hard would it be to say "Your Krono are fine"?
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At the time of the bans last year (July 2016) it was discovered that ONE of the reasons was that Valve/Steam held onto these chargebacks for a lengthy period of time, probably longer than they normally would have, and sent Daybreak a massive bill for the chargebacks. So the stuff ran downhill and folks got banned.