Kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oscilioth, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscilioth New Member

Hi!

I can not start launchpad after latest patch.
    I get a warning about not finding K32GetProcessImageFileNameA in the DLL-file KERNEL32.DLL.

Does this mean my old Windows XP is finally too old to run Everquest or whats the deal?
    Dyna likes this.
  2. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

There is no official information as of yet. The only thing we know is that they changed the requeriments on the support page at some point without disclosing it publicly.

There was a dev earlier on the forums but he just ignored the issue, so we are still waiting.
  3. Fellynn2 New Member

Apparently they phased XP and Vista out as operating systems that will run EQ....

I guess that's it? You don't want our money unless we buy a new comp? Mmmmkay...I guess moving on..
  4. RadarX Augur

We are currently looking into this issue. We appreciate you letting us know.
    Dyna likes this.
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

THANK you... it only took 5 hours to acknowledge it... regardless of whatever ends being the outcome
  6. Socratic Journeyman

3 of the 5 PCs I use to play EQ eagerly await a solution. Thank you for responding.
  7. Aalf New Member

Yep same problem. Please fix ASAP. Thanks
  8. Bigfan Augur

Gyurika Godofwar and elumxe like this.
  9. svann Augur

Stop assuming that it is the OS. Insufficient evidence, and unlikely.
  10. Bigfan Augur

This is the OS, for the launcher. If you download the above patch files and run eqgame.exe patchme , with them in EverQuest folder it'll run..

So yes Launcher now, until they rollback it requires windows 7+
  11. Janakin Augur

While I could not get the patcher/launcher to work on a Vista machine, I was able to copy the patched files from a Win10 machine to the Vista one and run the game with the "....\eqgame.exe" patchme bypass
  12. elumxe Elder

I think it's great that eq doesn't work on XP anymore, it's a liability for daybreak to support Everquest on a operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft.
    There are so many remote exploits for it that anyone can access your computer, get your everquest credentials and empty your account, then you would of course open a support ticket requesting Daybreak's help blaming them for your chars being wiped...

I say, whatever you do daybreak, don't reverse the change back to support xp, it's more trouble than it's worth.
    You guys that are still using xp, you should be ashamed of yourself, and know this, your computers are already part of someone's botnet. Time to upgrade.
  13. MelediWeaver Journeyman

Copying the 39 changed files from my windows 7 to my XP machine worked for me.. but I really hope Daybreak keeps supporting XP. The previous poster probably has a lot of money / no kids who play that he can afford a computer to run new operating systems on a schedule dictated by Microsoft. Shame not everyone has that kind of financial resources.
  14. Bigfan Augur

Soo in 16 years since XP was released, you haven't had a chance to upgrade your computer?

My computer is 6 years old, running windows 10, and no complaints. Honestly you should be at LEAST on 7 at this point. Computers at lowest price for windows 10 that can run EQ++++++ is around 200$ usd or less, you spend more on that yearly playing EQ. So don't even TRY to use that lame excuse.
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Socratic Journeyman

Some trolls are trying their best tonight. Hack my outdated OS and upgrade for me please. I'll be waiting.
  16. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

My computer is 15 years old, i glued the video card fan with superglue when it broke down (in 3 pieces) mid MM-raid... fite me irl bro.

Heck, i would still be using my old win98 18 years pc if they hadn't discontinued that either :p

FWIW, here in the woods windows 10 alone goes for $150-500 dollars depending on the version, althoug i guess i could find win7 for 20-50... maybe. A decent mid-range pc? At least 1000 bucks if i want an Intel processor and a dedicated gpu, and that's with no shinnies.

And by the way, i haven't payed for EQ since (i paid for 2 years of sub and one week later they had their 3x SC / Half priced subs discounts) they put kronos in game...
  17. Bigfan Augur

Def can find win 10 cheaper, most people prolly using non-genuine versions of XP anyway.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/p/?iid=182340221709&&&chn=ps look 2 min of searching!
    https://www.mwave.com.au/product/di...HTX1yQBLpV7wwXSrc9v27OB-Q4uj3yqACAaAnDf8P8HAQ au prices but that'll run win 10 AND EQ..so try again.
  18. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

You missed the "here in the woods" part. There is a whole "you want to buy outside the country? haha, good luck with that" issue.

Damn capitalist don't want to accept our mud as currency!
  19. Bigfan Augur

It's not about outside the country, it's about price. When people throw, waaaahh it's so costly I scoff at them because, you can literally build a quad core 2.8ghz 8gb ram PC for less than 150$ usd. Including OS, just gotta visit lots of mom and pop shops and eBay.

Done with the wah people, if you're on a 16 year old PC running XP, there is no excuse for that stupidity, I posted the work around for potato using PC users.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just to throw another thought in here; The part that bugs me about this is the lack of any sort of announcement that it was coming now. It was pretty obvious that it would likely come, but a bit of forewarning would have helped many to prepare.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.