Agnarr release date and FAQ discussion ( Wed, May 24, 2017 )

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Icetea, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Icetea Lorekeeper

[IMG]

Source

Dicuss anything related here please.
  2. Treesong Elder

What about Quest XP?

I could not find in the FAQ what they will do with this. Will Quest xp be back to normal, will they axe XP across the board as they did on Phinney or will they maybe just change the few truly exploitable Quests that ruined it for everyone? I.e. the Fire Beetle eye quest where you can leave a Pet class on Auto at a broken spawnpoint and come back to 8 backpacks full of eyes?

I found it very unfortunate that they ruined quest xp for every quest: there are quit a few quests in the game that take you from 10 minutes to a couple hours that actually give you noticable XP for the first 40 levels in the game and I find that a fun way to (slowly) level. These are quests that require running around, travelling, killing named NPC's, looting containers and so forth. For instance hunting Rabid Wolves and Grizzlies in Qeynos Hills and turning in the hides in North Qeynos: this is nice xp at low levels but requires a lot more actual gameplay.

There are many such quests and they are fun. It is ridiculous that all these quests got their xp axed too. A quest like the above is now a pretty useless thing to do, unless you are looking for Faction. As a side effect, it actually creates some playeraction in what otherwise would be a dead zone (Qeynos Hills as an example again). Let us keep this EverQUEST please. :) Another one would be camping the two Evil Guards at the Tower in West Karana and handing in their bracers in North Karana. This is pretty mindless Questing, however, because of the slow spawntime and the level of the mobs, this is actually slow XP and can definately not be done on Auto. As a side effect, because this was a popular camp, there was socializing when players took turns, or helped eachother with other quests in that area like with the Langseaxe quest. I.e. bring back Quests from the dead! Especially on a server that tries to recreate some of the old Nostalgia, killing Questing like this is pretty harsh.

Here's hoping. Maybe we could make a list of the few Quests that are easily exploitable so they can fix those. Can't be more then 5 or 10.
    Starr likes this.
  3. Dilf Augur

The ladies are impressed by the size of that beard on your neck.
    nagash101 likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fellowships!

Will fellowships be available for campfires and vitality, also will guild banners be available? I know they start in Plane of Knowledge, so I'm wondering if when we get to POP if they will be usable.

Mercenaries!

These came in way after PoP, I assume these will be disabled on Agnarr.

I box on 2 computers, never could be bothered to click between 2 accounts on the same comp, I assume this will still be possible.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

- Fellowhsips, Campfires, Guild banners etc started NO WHERE near PoP. They will never be available on Agnarr.

- Pretty sure mercs were brought up in the actual FAQ (why the 2nd thread again?). No they won't be available.

- Boxing on 2 separate PCs still possible yes.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hope your right on all 3 accounts. it's a disappointment we haven't got original zones, if we ended up with features that ruined the game it wouldn't be for me. I'm still smarting that this doesn't stop before LDON, the first expansion with group missions and I still hate them with a passion. I love open zones with lots of chat in OOC, sadly something missing on current servers now so much is done in missions.

:)
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Fellowships are locked to The Buried Sea (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Everquest_Guide_The_Buried_Sea) and Mercenaries are locked to Seeds of Destruction (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Seeds_of_Destruction) as far as I know.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

All that awful chat is in general now, feel free to /join general
  9. Gemini Syringes Augur

You couldn't be bothered to do the thing that's way easier than the thing you do instead?
  10. Trevalon Augur

I just hope that this is going to be enforced again. At one point on Phinigel they were pretty decent about enforcing this policy but since Luclin they have all but stopped this and now you can pretty obviously see people running around PoK and farm spots using "unmentionable programs "lite" version."
  11. nagash101 Augur

12? That is a lot of computers!
    Dilf likes this.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

yep, lot of "computers".
  13. nagash101 Augur

Are you implying he would cheat and use software to run more then one account on a computer? That is grounds for a forum ban i think. I just assume he is a single middle aged fella that lives and dies for EQ. He has spent a fair amount of money on old laptops and is willing to convert a room into his "EQ reality room" so he can mash away at 12 key boards and look longingly at all the screens. Maybe he is a big Krono farmer that funds his laptop habit by selling Kronos to buy more laptops to play more account to earn more Kronos?
  14. Falisaty New Member

When classic/vanilla EQ starts is their a list of gear that stopped dropping ie Manastones Rubacite Cryosilk Robe Box of Abu Kar ... that will be in game?
  15. DariyaVika Augur

In Mines of Gloomingdeep I saw a newbie group that was brazenly doing it.
  16. Kahna Augur

I actually find it much easier to box on two different computers. You get the set up just right and it's nice. Use the mouse (and its many programmable buttons) to control the primary account, the game pad controls the secondary account and I assure you I am much faster than any alt-tabbing could ever be.
  17. Nuther Augur

I thought it wasn't allowed to sell Krono for real money?
    Reht likes this.
  18. Pikallo Augur

I've found this to be the case too. Alt-tabbing seems convenient but once you have a proper 3-box setup, it is much more efficient than old-school alt-tabbing.
  19. Pikallo Augur

Some items are permanently gone and will never exist on the Agnarr server(Manastone, Moss Covered Twig, Staff of Forbidden Rites, etc). However there are others that were removed/nerfed that can still be obtained on the TLPs such as Guise of the Deceiver, pre nerf Circlet of Shadows, pre nerf Fungi Staff, etc.

I'm sure someone has a list or has more comprehensive knowledge of the items somewhere.
  20. Gemini Syringes Augur

Sounds cool! Auxiliary mouse buttons never work on EQ for me. They simply don't register in game, no matter how I try to program it. I have a laptop as my second PC and it's inferior to alt/tabbing, for me, at least.