We dodged a bullet here.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Siddar, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Siddar Augur

Lucky for us this guy decided EQ was boring. The thought of him managing around in EQ was a nightmare.
  2. Repthor Augur

i liked how he nuked himself to death without noticeing, good times
  3. Thraine Augur

smart phone games might be more his style
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  4. kthehammy Elder

I'm noticing a new trend of people not reading anything, then being mad that they don't understand whats going on.

Him nuking himself to death and not even knowing was like the perfect end to this disaster of a video lol.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The war on knowledge and experts. It isn't just happening in games sadly.
    Janakin, Fanra and disgruntled like this.
  6. YellowBelly Augur

Let me guess without watching. A millennial raised on Call Of Duty and pokemon tries to play EQ.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hello there, Video Recorder Guy. Have you seen this copy of Hello Kitty Island Adventure I just got in?
    disgruntled likes this.
  8. Chibz Journeyman

Oh come on! That was funny! I had the volume on and the satire was great!
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

He's not wrong about anything he said :)

I think the only way EQ is going to get new players (without an overhaul) is if it comes back into style like 8-bit NES games or bell-bottom jeans.
  10. Cicelee Augur

All he is is an attention seeker seeking attention. Which is what he got with this thread.

He wins. We lose.
    Sancus and Quatr like this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Didn't press play.
    Sancus and disgruntled like this.
  12. Minato Augur

i made it to the point of all his game accesses were banned....
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Don't be too butt-hurt about being the butt of a (pretty accurate) joke. It makes us look older and crankier than usual :)
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

Well that was an idiotic video.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I only watched the first two minutes but I noticed he was whining about not having a quest overlay, when our recently added quest overlay was on his screen on the upper left the whole time. So, yes, he was wrong about something.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Nah, it isn't worth watching a video where he complains about a game that is older than he is. He's even blocking people like a giant manchild.
  17. Wohl New Member

Watched the whole video, its a good (starting) summary of why EQ is not more successful (for better or worse). Shame he didn't do a longer version.
  18. p2aa Augur

The guy is a complete moron. I agree that the part when he nukes himself to death and he's surprised to have died is the best part.
  19. Thomacles New Member

Oh good lord.....HE is the one who dodged the bullet here.
    Can you imagine how who would stumble through the original release in '99??
    I still have the Primus(?) Book on original Kunark alone, and its about 1 1/2 inches thick. And that is just for Kunark! (It assumes you already know the basics of how to play the game.)
    Any idiot that doesn't want to read how ANY game is set up, has to be a millennial that has an attention disorder. He even states in his video he forgets who he is supposed to talk to in less than 15 seconds.
    I agree with Yellowbelly.
    He has to be a pokemon player. Two dimensional thinking.