Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Lillola Lorekeeper

All forms of levitation and all GH anchors still not working. Game is getting less and less interesting and definitely less fun. It's ridiculous that these issues are not addressed yet I've read where typos were corrected quite quickly. Sheesh. Typos don't affect actual play of the game. I used to look forward to playing each day and progressing with many characters however I don't much care anymore. When I do log on and play I wonder what will be broken next, and what problems will continue to be ignored.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

In *raids*, these largely passive abilities are stupid. An SK spamming all of their (non harmo) buttons can't match the hate generation on Wade and that's flat out dumb because of the passive nature of the abilities. We have warriors use it in raids regularly, and it has the same stupid results that the Harmos do....i.e., every mob is now on the user.

If you have to use them as an ae aggro crutch in *grouping* where Aggro is trivial already and you're the only tank, perhaps you should request some shorter reuse ae hate abilities. The DD spell for sks has done wonders, not for its hate generation but for its fast cast and fast recast. At this point I feel like all tanks should have those basics quality of life tools, since they largely shared things like mitigation anyways. Both war and pal could probably use them, but Wade, just like the War/SK harmoniuses, is a giant sledge hammer of derp when what's really needed is a knife and fork for you to use frequently, as desired.
    sojero and Chaosflux like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  4. svann Augur

The task listing in achievements window for Mercenary of Kor-Sha Laboratory is still wrong.
    It is showing the wrong task names for 3 of the merc tasks. This makes it difficult to tell which one you are missing if you dont remember which you have done.

It is showing I am missing Sowing Confusion, but thats not a kor sha task! I have to guess what it means is that Im really missing Punishing Di`zok, but thats just a guess.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Don't use it then derp head! Some of us like "some" (not all) ease of use abilities like harmonious and think for the first time in a long time we got a great spell. Some classes have been force fed absolute crap spells for years now. So gift horse and all now that he made something that was new and not a complete waste.

Next you will be lobbying to remove instant cast terrors, shield flash, deflection, xtarget window and knight stances so you can go back to walking up hill both ways, with no shoes on, in the snow after you got up super early to milk the chickens first.

P.S. are you and drogba snuggle buddies irl? You guys are tactful and mart. He got leech effects fixed just before the real fixes came, now sk's are stuck with multiple nerfs instead of just being hit with the mitigation and melee nerfs which might fix the actual tank problem. But good luck getting leech restored or even the dumb counters from the nerf from before the nerf changed now. Gotta gets the Armor of the Inquisitor with zero limits now.

P.S.S Don't you meme me!
  6. josh Augur

Here's the deal. I have known a paladin dps nerf has been coming, because i don't suck. I've seen the numbers I can do and know i probably shouldn't be doing those kinds of numbers. I am neither upset nor surprised by it.

You and the rest of the people defending harmonious need to actually look at it and realize the same thing. If you use harmonious, and you are getting enough heals, you generate more AE aggro than I am capable of doing with every single aggro ability I have. but but, you say, it can't be used in this situation or that situation. Why do you think that is a valid argument? Is there a situation where you can use it and generate more ae aggro than i can generate single target aggro? If the answer to that is yes, and i assure you the answer is absolutely yes, then it needs to be changed.

Seriously, the number one defense you guys have come up with is, just don't use it. Here's the real issue with the ability, it solves zero problems, you guys already had plenty of ae aggro. and the fact that using it in certain situations causes major problems, I've already had to have a talk with several new sk's who weren't aware that they cannot use that ability in most raid settings. So it fixed nothing and is causing problems.

My feeling is the best change would be to limit the number of times it can proc in a given number of seconds but I don't know if that idea exists in the game for abilities like that. It needs to proc off of every heal, or it becomes useless in a group setting, but it proccing off of all heals from all healers causes it to be way to unlimited in it's aggro generation potential.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'm not opposed to passive abilities entirely, but when they're this strong it's ridiculous. It dwarfs all our other buttons combined in it's current state and that's terrible for gameplay and balance. I'd like to see the Harmos ae components gutted and Wade replaced by faster reuse activated abilities.

As to Dorgba, no, and no I didn't make some dumb passive aggressive self hating video thread to try to get my class nerfed. But it doesn't mean I won't call out stupid/broken/overpowered abilities just because they happen to be available to my class.

#Burstained aggro is dumb.
  8. ~Mills~ Augur

IDK what tools paladins have but I do know ours tank mobs even multiples just fine even when our sk's have harmonious up. Never once seen them have aggro issues or complain about aggro issues outside of yes them not having as much as the other tanks but more than enough to do their jobs.

It doesn't have to stay a passive i win aggro ability but it shouldn't just go away either. Can play with counters and small recast so that its just fine for 90% of settings and gets away from the dumb some people do on purpose in raid settings. Or just make our pbae hate spells instant cast so they aren't pointless.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Paladin tools are real meh in comparison. So are Warrior ones really, if you exclude Wade. That's a big part of the problem, imo, and why Harmos are like a giant misshapen body size cast over a flesh wound. They cover up the problem for one class, ignore the problem for another, and offer a fix to a problem the 3rd class generally hasn't had in the first place.

It's poor design and poor balance. And a lot of us said this in beta.
  10. Broken_Paladin New Member

I just came back after 10 years the check out progression servers. I was thinking about playing a paladin but since it looks like the devs
    went full United Airlines on Paladin's which class do you recommend? How are Berserkers these days, do they have a future?
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

Pallies are still solid. They just don't have that one thing were your like wow like some other classes have. There is zero reason at all to not play a paladin if you like the class.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

Splash?!!??
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

So thats for them to work on its not a reason to just gut something from another when in almost all situation its working exactly as it was designed. Meh compared to ease of use to sk stuff or less ae aggro tools compared to wars and sk are really not an issue outside of ego. \

Unless they have problems holding aggro over dps or healers, they don't. Or if they are incapable of taking aggro from sk or wars when they need to, they are not. Then the issue is completely he has a more shiney ball then I do. Aggro is not like dps where if one class does it better than others then that fact becomes an issue the makes the other classes that perform that job pointless at times.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Do you raid as a tank? That's generally where the problems arise.

In a group setting to my knowledge no tank is having too many issues holding aggro over dps on anything they're actively fighting, though I'm sure there are exceptions with things like adds being dotted up with superdots and such.

But this is a legit issue in raids, if I want to aggro things and so does a Paladin, the Pal has very little chance short of a taunt key. The war/SK dynamic is worse, relying on 1-2 silly abilities to compete. The problem is these passive buttons dwarf the amount of hate that is generated outside of them by all other abilities combined. And that's dumb design, and dumb gameplay.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

I do not. But our paladins have zero issues getting or holding aggro in raids over dps or other tanks when they need to. We often handle some fights or portions of fights as AE. So our warriors and sk's go in guns blazing with AE aggro to keep mobs tight and bundled. Our paladins then pick up singles in that group just fine when we want a tank per mob, or at times do just fine picking up groups of mobs for fortitude or deflection rotations if needed when numbers might be low of another tank class. I don't claim to know the hows or whats but I just now they constantly do it without issue.

By all means give paladins more parity or even the AE aggro field some so maybe they don't have to cast 6 things to others tanks 1 or 2 plus passive stuff. But lets not pretend like paladins are incapable of holding aggro or getting aggro so harmonious must die because it makes aggro generation a lot more passive and some raiders don't like it. Or it must die because some guilds might spam 42 qualifying heals on an sk in 20s just because.
  16. Angahran Augur

I just quoted the dev on what they said the spell was doing.
    And I do actually play the game instead of whining and trying to get other classes nerfed.
  17. Seldom Augur

Nah, you just whine about Paladins and defend abilities you have already clearly proven to know zero about. You then defend that said ability, when you don't even have any clue as to how it functions(despite playing the class that has said ability), for sheer sake of defending whatever tools your class possesses no matter how silly it may be. Keep it up though ;)
  18. Angahran Augur

Not "whining about paladins", I just object to anyone who thinks that nerfing another class is a valid way to fix their own class. I haven't 'defended' anything, I simply quoted a post about it.
    I'm sure it'll get nerfed because that seems to be the way things go these days.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Not including the % based hate just the raw hate. SK harmonious generates 1.47million hate in 2 minutes (that's how long it takes for a single dedicated cleric to burn through the counters)

Paladin version 391,000 hate in same time frame.

Paladins cannot generate 1.08million hate in 120 period in order to stay on par with it.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

Then how do our paladins pull mobs off shadow knights or wars and tank them without issue regularly? Even in times when an Sk or warrior is going heavy on ae aggro based on strat. Paladins have tools to get the mobs when they need them. And what I said was if it only takes say 200,000 hate in that time period to hold aggro over any other dps class or healer then its really only ego or ease of use coming into play. Does a gap like that need to exist? No but in terms of aggro during game play it means essentially jack as all you need is the ability to hold aggro over other classes and get aggro from another tank when required. Outside of paladins saying to aristo or dzarn when the time comes that hey sk's and warriors need to cast 3 things to do what takes us 8 or 9 casts can we remedy that. Is there a way we can get x or y or z to close that gap? And can you tweak our AE some to even that out some as well without crossing the ae boundary they have in their heads. Not death to harmonious because I don't have the same power.