@EQ Devs ~ Non-Anniversary Yearly events for TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Geoux, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Geoux Lorekeeper

Ok, as stated elsewhere I know we wen't see things like Fabled targets for awhile yet. Some might say not even until their drops are already redundant. Not until Veil of Alaris, at least, for the 5-13th year things.

What I'm asking about though are some other features. The Hardcore Heritage era events and the ability to tag a chr as 'Veteran'. Will we see those features come open as their counterparts did originally, or will they be later down the road than classically introduced?
  2. Machentoo Augur

Veteran rewards come out with Gates of Discord. Hardcore heritage events didn't start till SoD, so best case scenario those are way down the road. Should start seeing Fabled at the appropriate expansions (so some fabled in 2018 anniversary for current TLP's), those worked perfectly on previous TLP's.
  3. Prathun Developer

HH_Zone -> Expansion_Req.
    Reinforced Blackburrow -> Secrets of Faydwer
    Lost Temple of Cazic-Thule -> Secrets of Faydwer
    The Darkened Ruins of Old Guk -> Seeds of Destruction
    The Greater Estate of Unrest -> Seeds of Destruction
    Crushbone -> House of Thule
    The Permafrost Caverns -> House of Thule
    The Castle of Mistmoore -> Rain of Fear
    Nagafen's Lair -> Rain of Fear
    It's a Secret to Everybody -> The Darkened Sea

Edit: Ugh, what happened to the formatting here? I wish we could use tables.
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Thats so far away :( take pity on us! (Also lol Agnarr never getting an event)
  5. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It's a Secret to Everybody -> The Darkened Sea

This must be the new HH #9 zone coming up soon ;)
    Prathun likes this.
  6. Prathun Developer

Looking at the names side-by-side helped me realize that HH zone names are not handled consistently. I've changed all the long names so that they include the word "Reinforced" to help differentiate them from non-HH zones.

In no particular order:
    Reinforced Crushbone
    Reinforced Blackburrow
    Reinforced Temple of Cazic-Thule
    The Reinforced Estate of Unrest
    The Reinforced Ruins of Old Guk
    The Reinforced Permafrost Caverns
    The Reinforced Castle of Mistmoore
    Reinforced Nagafen's Lair
    It's a Reinforced Secret to Everybody
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

I don't think it's a secret to anyone after Prathun let it slip on the live stream though!

http://i.imgur.com/Iq9JmJ1.png
    Fanra and Prathun like this.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Now with extra buttresses?
    Fanra, Kiani and Prathun like this.
  9. Bewts Augur

Do you have a similar breakdown for the anniversary quests for TLP? IE when would we see the Kunark / Velious / Luclin rewards for the 100% XP Pot, or the EB Familiar?

Was hoping they'd come along as each expansion opened but as of last night the NPC for Kunark's collection Quest had not spawned on Lockjaw.
  10. Gremin Augur

Can I suggest someone make a TLP Faq that handles all the possible questions that come around every single time a new tlp happens....IE Hotzones, Augments, Release of zones based on expansions, etc etc etc....would help you in the long run with a little work in the short run.
    Prathun likes this.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

We have a similar FAQ at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers that anyone with a ZAM account can edit. We've been slowing working on it over time.
  12. Machentoo Augur

If Prathun would stop changing stuff every time a new TLP gets launched, I'm sure this would be doable! Even if you look at the FAQ's that DBG has posted for each server prior to launch, there are errors and inconsistencies and things that have been changed that they missed in the faq.
  13. Prathun Developer

Speaking of which... I just changed a bunch of stuff.
    After some discussion, it was clear that It's a Reinforced Secret to Everybody should be restricted to Empires of Kunark, not The Darkened Sea.
    Also, apparently zone header long names aren't exposed to the client anywhere, so that change had no meaningful effect.
    Yinla, Janakin, Tudadar and 1 other person like this.
  14. fransisco Augur

there he goes changing more stuff!
    <napolean dynamite impression>GOSH!
    Janakin and Prathun like this.
  15. Geoux Lorekeeper

Nice! Thanks, Prathun! I'll add these notes to my Phinigel unlock table I made elsewhere.
  16. Geoux Lorekeeper

17. Machentoo Augur