Severe and shortsighted SK nerf with Feb. 8 Test server patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khat_Nip, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Chaosflux Augur

That's not a very intelligent analogy, both classes have stuff they don't use.

Not disagreeing or agreeing with your main point, merely how your trying to prove it.
  2. GoldenFrog Augur

There is (almost?) no situation where you'll run out of counters under the current system.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I've personally gotten way more than 12 different Pal to AoV themselves unknowingly. Your math is fuzzy.
    Dre. likes this.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

impressive this thread is still goin, it might catch up to so monks soon.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Your signature is a lie, sir. For shame!
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

if only my friend I could post what I wanted to for you without getting banned :p
  7. Fohpo Augur

Necroing this thread is just part of an elaborate ruse to draw attention away from the plight of bards and monks.
  8. ~Mills~ Augur

Considering I can tank 4 mobs at a time with zero tools then yes when I need my epic its usually when I have 6-10 mobs on me which can very quickly chew through counters. In those times I should not burn 50% or more of my counters reducing the duration of the effects on ripostes that don't heal me anymore because they are not from my primary target. There is zero reason for counters now that its primary target ripostes only.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

We're great in groups. In raids we're completely useless splashing bots because any AE agro ability used by a different type of tank will reduce our agro to 10 or below.
  10. Angahran Augur

At least you have splash.
  11. fransisco Augur

If your epic can allow you to tank an extra 1-5 mobs (6-10, holy cow!) it needs to be level capped at 75.
    Holy cow.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

13. fransisco Augur

14. Lianeb Augur

Dre. likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

I was comparing survivability boost provided by epic clicks.
    We all know the SK epic is a game changer. I'm not sure if Flames of the Valiant is level capped, but I can tell you exactly how many fights that my Warrior's epic click has had a meaningful impact: Zero.
  16. Millianna Augur

The SK epic 2.0 is useful - but game changer? Not even the slightest.
  17. RangerGuy Augur

You do know tanks have tools that allow them to do more stuff? Be it AA, items, discs or buffs. Just like dps can mod themselves higher with AA, items, discs or buffs. And healing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Kravn Augur

nah, its pretty much a 100% required to have game changer. Especially at the levels you can get it. There is no leechcurse every 15 min then.
  19. p2aa Augur

In my guild, paladins in raid are used to tank adds, like SK, and wars fill when there are more adds to tank than number of knights in raid. Paladins fill the job np. If your guild uses you as a splashing bot only, then change of guild.
    Regarding AE aggro ability, in raids which require each tank to tank 1-2 adds max, if your SK and warriors use their Harmonious AE which warns you indeed to tank your assigned add, then the problem is them, not the tool. They suck greatly at teamwork and your leadership should fix the problem. Wars themselves are better to use their single target Harmonious because it has a heal attached to it. I rarely use the AE one, and only when I need to tank a lot of mobs at the same time (like some mobs spawning in waves or coming in bunch at same time)
  20. Drogba Augur

Thing is, there are mainly 2 different scenarios for tanking adds. There's the adds that can be tanked by a single tank, and the ones that require splitting up.

Harmonious is better left on unless the number of adds = too dangerous to utilize it.

More AE aggro coverage of other tanks mobs covers LD's, lagspikes, slower players. You're also pulsing more AE aggro procs on incoming mobs. It's extra protection for the DPS which instills confidence in them to play aggressively and go in balls deep.

In 'most' add encounters, i prefer a few aggro maniacs fighting to tank everything in a neat little pile for the DPS to AE down.

That is the optimal scenario whenever possible, how many events qualify for that method differs depending on the strength of the raid team.
    Murphy and Tucoh like this.