Are Old Classic Drops a thing for a time on TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Celestias, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Celestias Journeyman

Talking of guises, mana stone, rubicite etc.

Does anyone know if all tlp servers see these classic drops, if only for a short time? I recall,on flippy and vulak this was the case, but I cannot confirm for newer tlp servers like Phinni and RF.

Thanks
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Guise of the Deceiver (usable by all) will drop at the very beginning until Kunark launches. Rubicite starts dropping in Cazic-Thule at some predetermined time at like the halfway mark of classic (it seems to vary a bit depending on the unlock schedule of the server) and then goes away as well after a month-ish. Insta cast Circlet of Shadows drops during Kunark then reverts to the cast time one when Velious hits, along with the Fungus Covered Great Staff (usable by all). Box of Abu-Kar appears to be a super-rare global drop off level 35+ mobs in the classic era.

Manastone never drops, Mosscovered Twig never drops, BFG quest in Velious never works.

*Note: The timetable for when items stop being available on TLP is going off my memory, they might stop dropping a bit before/after Expansion launches I never really took detailed notes.
    snailish likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

Pretty sure a couple of the items revert after a period of time, no matter the era the server is in. So Rage/Lock saw some of them revert differently than Phinny with the faster unlocks.

Example: The item may go live at Kunark launch and revert after 40 days.
  4. malaki Augur

No Holgresh Elder Beads!
  5. Celestias Journeyman

Awesome thanks. I was considering being an Ogre and was wondering about guise because being huge sometimes gets annoying so guise would be very nice.
  6. -wycca Augur

Just grab it before Kunark, you should be good.
  7. Wayylon Augur

What about Blade of the Black Dragon Eye??

That thing was awesome agro/ratio/droppable, was a random drop from Reets down in Seb near the Jugs.

It got moved to VP and replaced with a non proc Green dragon eye 13/24

Also curious how long pre nerf fungi staff will drop, that thing is awesome.
  8. Tehsid67 Journeyman

Getting the PreNerf CoS is pretty important to me. Does it stop dropping on TLP immediately after Velious unlocks?

Do you have any idea how camped the Pre-Nerf CoS is? Is it perma-camped as soon as Kunark opens? I have camped it several times on EQEmu's, but I have never camped it on a live server.
  9. smash Augur

Expect to be camped 24/7. Then u not surprised
    FluttyMan likes this.
  10. snailish Augur

Pretty sure Circlet of Shadow is just "drops for X number of days". These were/are pretty available on Phinny for sale long after the drop stopped.
  11. Anyelle New Member

What about items like Runed Fighters Staff? BFG quest?
  12. Adonhiram Augur

Some drop only for a limited time, like the CoS pre-nerf, and some don't drop at all, like manastones iirc. To my own disappointment I also discovered (though it's not technically an old world item) that famous items like the Earring of Living Slime (the root clicky mages could use) did not go live as Cazic-Thule got revamped, even for a limited amount of time.
  13. Xanathol Augur

Ugh that bites - was counting on that one. Would be nice to make a list of old world "in / out" on TLP.
  14. FluttyMan Elder

Everyone knows the good loot spots after Ragefire, Lockjaw and Phinigel releases.

Expect them to be camped like never before on Agnarr server.
  15. Adonhiram Augur

Do some digging on this forum, with the item name as keyword, you should be able to gather some info. I think there was even a thread where a list was started, but I forgot, it's several months old, maybe you'll have some luck ;-)
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

It is perma camped, but there are going to be so many floating around that they will be cheap to buy if you don't farm one yourself.