Possible to request weapon ornaments?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zishlol, Apr 3, 2017.

1. zishlol New Member

Hi there.

I recently returned to the game after quite a while, and I'm impressed with a lot of the updates.

I really like that there are a lot of classic weapon ornaments, but one in particular I've always loved was Greenmist. Is there any way you could make an ornament for it?

Cheers!
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Stillmoon Karana looks similar doesn't it (I can't actually recall Green mists look, but could swore it was a katana shape)
  3. menown Augur

I would also like to suggest a Necro usable Scythe ornament.
    Mykaylla and Dre. like this.
  4. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Wtb Bulwark of Bravery ornament, paying phat stacks!
  5. Dre. Altoholic

ORIGINAL Painbringer/Lamentation/Blade of Carnage
    Fooba likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Not sure if this exists, but I'd love a way to set my EoK plate helm to look like the old school Velious plate helmet (with old models)

[IMG]
  7. zishlol New Member

I've never really understood why they never reused the velious armor textures. I'm sure many people would love to see them.

I imagine just as many people still use the old models, especially now that they work with horses.

One thing I would love that I know won't ever happen is upgraded old models. As in, just higher resolution textures, and perhaps additional animations. But keeping the same style.
    Dre. likes this.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

This guy.
    A couple of minor bug fixes with the old models too. Face getting changed, inability to edit face, helms disappearing, etc.

There are a couple of Velious textures that work on the Luclin models. You can tell it's a mixed bag. Some don't show up at all, some appear default, some look perfect (and awesome) while others glitch out in horrific ways.
  9. Vilem New Member

Call of the Forsaken, and The Darkened Sea both had Velious Textures on the Raid armor, if you have them turned on. Which you need to go into your .ini and actually set it to true to see them. For some reason Chandrok discontinued his use of them, and with the re-emergence of them in the marketplace for the Dark Elf Velious Armors as Hero's Forge, it makes me wonder if they're going to keep releasing different cultural Velious armor at different times.
  10. oldandnasty Augur

Centi Long sword is the ornament I want.
  11. Brohg Augur

That's a common guide event ornament, oldandnasty
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Fine Steel Two Handed Sword Ornamentation, please. It's only, like, five polygons of work.
  13. zishlol New Member

Oh man, I agree. There are so many classic models that they just straight up replaced. It'd be nice if the older versions were in the game alongside them.

That's one thing [another game] does when they update their old models - they keep the older ones in at least somewhere, in some form.

When will DBG learn that they can cash in bigtime on nostalgia?
  14. Eanelder Augur

I would be willing to put money on this.

Expect more heritage creates over the next year following the same pattern as the Dark elf one: Several Velious Armor ornamentation, themed pets, rare mount and illusion, clicky ports / paintings and theme music box.

You can already see a few of the other race's Velious Hero Armor on Dzarn's twitter feed.
  15. zishlol New Member

I still don't get why I've never been able to see those textures on the old models in game.

Even after messing with the eqclient file and settings the right options.
  16. oldandnasty Augur

Yes sir, I know it is, now my server just needs a guide. With no transfers to Trakanon I cant even obtain one elsewhere and move it over. The fact it already exists should make it really easy for them to toss it in the store.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Do yourself a favor and transfer off that empty husk of a server.
    Brohg likes this.
  18. oldandnasty Augur

I like Trak, although I'm leaning towards a move to test so I don't have to pay to keep three accounts going.
  19. Riou EQResource

You have to have velious armor graphics options on with original models, and armor that has velious graphics tag on the armor itself, limited to the respective velious armor it was originally on, or I believe CotF and TDS end Raid tier armor had this as well (forget if TBM also had it or not), EoK does not though.
  20. Kelandi Elder

In order to see velious textures on classic models, open your eqclient.ini file and make sure all this is under [Defaults]:

AllLuclinPcModelsOff=TRUE
    LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE
    LoadVeliousArmor=TRUE
    LoadArmor17=TRUE
    LoadArmor18=TRUE
    LoadArmor19=TRUE
    LoadArmor20=TRUE
    LoadArmor21=TRUE
    LoadArmor22=TRUE
    LoadArmor23=TRUE
    LoadArmor240=TRUE