How to Reset Black Robes?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danax, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Danax New Member

Hey,
    I just got back into EQ after a long break so i decided to upgrade my level 70 necro's gear. I got a Darkened Shining Metallic Robe and the original color is black (RGB 0,0,0)
    I thought you could dye armor back to the original color by setting the RGB to 255,255,255 but that just made it white.
    I have been searching for an answer to how to reset black robes and can't find an answer anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Danax of Rallos Zek
  2. Caster Lorekeeper

The closest you can get to black is by setting it to 25, 25, 25.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah I think most folks go 255/255/255 then dye again for the black but what people don't understand is that it is the slot not the armor that gets dyed so no matter what you put in that slot it will pick up the color it was dyed.
  4. Danax New Member

Thank for the info, i remember having this problem back when Prismatic Dye was introduced and it annoyed the hell out of me because i couldn't make every robe look like a Robe of Enshroudment.
  5. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Danax from Celestial Empire.

WB, brutha.
  6. Kinadorm Augur

I would love for a way to undo dye and just revert back to normal palette for the slot but there doesn't appear to be a way to do that.
    Gialana likes this.
  7. Kelandi Elder

Classic Era robes such as Shining Metallic Robes, Robe of the Oracle, Crimson Robe of Alendine etc. are all "black" (0, 0, 0) but they aren't black at all, instead they each have their own unique Appearance which is reused over and over in later expansions (for example Guardian Robe from Skyshrine is just a violet tinted Robe of the Oracle).

If you are trying to dye the robe black, the closest you can get is by setting the RGB values to 25, 25, 25. The robe will be tinted black but you can still notice the original design of the robe. If you want to undo the dye for any type of armor or reset a robe to its default appearance/design then dye it 255, 255, 255

The Robe of Enshroudment that you mentioned has the "Plain Robe" appearance which does not have any special design and can be dyed a true color like the Nexus Scion's white robe. However not many robes in later expansions use the Plain Robe appearance. So whatever you decide to dye your robe, it's going to have some sort of visible design underneath it still.

Dye it 255, 255, 255 to reset it back to the original armor color.
    Dye it 254, 254, 254 if you just want it to be classic white/silver etc.
    snailish likes this.