Priest GINA favorites

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm curious about what kind of things people are doing with GINA, and am looking for ideas I could add to my own triggers.

Here's a few of mine, to start off:
    • Undead Transform (Combust Bones):
    Search Text: ^{s}'s heart stops beating.
    Display Text: {s} IS UNDEAD!
    Timer (6s): {s} - Undead

I like this one for quickly hitting Smite/Turn Undead.
    • Deflection:
    Search Text: ^{s} raises a shield to deflect incoming attacks
    Display Text: {s} Deflection!
    Timer (24s): Deflection - {s}
    Timer Ending (3s): {s} taking damage soon!
    • Rampage:
    Search Text: ^{s} \w+ (?<char>\w+(`s pet){0,1}) for {N} points of damage. \(Rampage\)$
    Display Text: {s} - ${char} - {N}

Uses its own overlay, set up like this:
    [IMG]

Looks like this in game:
    [IMG]

Useful for showing who rampage is on the fly, so you can heal (or fade) accordingly.
    • Heals Landed:
    Search Text: ^You have healed {s} for {N}
    Display Text: Heal - {s} - {N}

Uses its own overlay, set up like this:
    [IMG]

Looks like this in game:
    [IMG]

Not totally necessary, but nice to see the feedback on whether a heal I've cast has landed.

Can download my version of these triggers here if interested.
    Sancus, Skewert, Borias and 2 others like this.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

I want that heal window.
    ImSorryButIHadTo likes this.
  3. Poote Lorekeeper

ya know anywhere i can find a list of what all the variables label, cause i've had to trial and error what {s} and {c} mean. Other than that i like the rampage key that is interesting. If a list could be linked i could prolly jury rig some interesting commands as a hybrid.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

{N} is used for numbers. You can also use multiple {S} variables within a trigger. For example you would use {S1}. {S2), etc. then you would refer to back to {S1}, etc. in the display text, text to speech or timer. Other than that, regular expressions offer the most freedom to customize specific search text.
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

There's a full writeup on {S} etc. here.

Also if you're playing with regex, this is my favorite website for that: http://regexr.com/
  6. Clarisa Augur

Thank you for posting the heal window. I've been using it since you posted and love seeing the live feedback on heals landed. :)
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

That Rampage trigger looks very useful, but I can't seem to get it working. Is there anybody else who uses it that can verify it is still working after the most recent GINA update?
  8. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

I honestly do not know how I played my druid before Gina. I raid so having raid triggers in my ears and on the screen is invaluable. But I also have triggers that tell me when group black wolf and nurturing growth can be recast. I also have enchanter notifications for illusions of grandeur and haze.

I do not like the windows overlaying my screen because they would take up valuable screen space, which is already at a premium. I prefer to use the analysis tabs in Game Parse to see how a fight went.
  9. Lianeb Augur

I want to say my rampage is like the one listed. When i get home i will check it out, it was working last week and will know tonight if it is working or not. Will post it here if it is different than the one up top, or if it doesn't work properly.
    Koryu likes this.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Mine is exactly like above. and it works
    Make sure you have the use regular expressions box checked.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I have the box for "Use Regular Expressions" checked, and it grays out as selected when it sees I am using expressions in the search text so that I cannot un-check it. I have the search text and the resulting overlay's display text copied exactly as above. Pasting a rampage message directly from my logs into the game "A phasmia ledalus slashes Whaa for 1475 points of damage. (Rampage)" and normal gameplay with rampaging creatures do not get a response from GINA. All my other audio triggers for raiding work just fine.

There must be an option not set correctly somewhere, and the rampage trigger looks too useful to just give up on.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

My rampage trigger also quit working since installing Windows 10, I attempted to fix it and ended up with the same exact trigger working, but have no idea why it wasn't working earlier.

You could try this instead:
    Search Text: {s1} {s2} {s3} for {N} points of damage. \(Rampage\)
    Display Text: {s1} - {s3} - {N}
    - This one is more simple to write out but is more "expensive" processing. This trigger is one of my highest uses of memory in GINA and may cause it to lag if you have a lot of triggers.

What I did that somehow fixed it:
    - Delete the ^ and $ at the beginning and end of the search text.
    - Uncheck the box for Fast Check (maybe only in beta version of GINA)
    - Delete the beginning portion of the trigger -
    Search Text: for {N} points of damage. \(Rampage\)
    - From there, gradually rebuild the trigger once you get it to trigger off of something until it's complete.

If it helps, here's an explanation of what each part of this trigger does:

Search Text: ^{s} \w+ (?<char>\w+(`s pet){0,1}) for {N} points of damage. \(Rampage\)$
    ^ = anchor beginning of line
    {s} = GINA shorthand for a word. This is the NPC which is rampaging
    \w+ = regex for any word (characters surrounded by a space - could be a-z, 0-9, or _)
    () = grouping, this contains the "rampage target" part of the line
    ?<char> = save this variable for later (this is the ramp target's name, saved in the variable "char")
    \w+ = any word (this is the ramp target's name)
    (`s pet){0,1} = match 0 to 1 of the (`s pet) tag - so we will have a match for "Soandso`s pet" as well as "Soandso"
    {N} = GINA short hand for a number variable
    \(Rampage\) = matches (Rampage) literally - the \ are necessary since normally () are used for grouping in regex
    $ = anchor end of line

Display Text: {s} - ${char} - {N}
    {s} = mob
    ${char} = substitute what we matched in ?<char> (target's name)
    {N} = ramp dmg
    Gronns and Koryu like this.
  13. Lianeb Augur

Shoot me a tell tonight at rathe.lianeb and I will attempt to send you the one I have, maybe that will work. I am running Windows 10 also and have not had any issues. Running as Admin? just throwing it out not sure it matters but maybe.
  14. Zaknaffein Augur

My rampage trigger was working fine last week and worked fine for tonights raids so I'm not sure what ya'll are experiencing. I have windows 10 as well.

The rampage trigger was something Gimagukk posted on a thread I made a while ago as a less taxing way to search for rampage info.

If all else fails I'd suggest posting on the GINA website forums ~

Unless you fixed it already with Sirenes` fix or something else!
  15. Smederick New Member

Trigger name: Death Pact
    Search Text: {S} death pact has been benevolently fulfilled
    Display Text: {S} Needs a new DI
    Text to Say: {S} Needs a new DI

Trigger name: DI Cast
    Search Text: {S} feels the watchful eyes of the gods upon them
    Display Text: {S} has been <--DI'd-->
    Text to Say: DI has been cast on {S}

I developed these triggers and I love them, they would be much more beneficial if all the clerics in the raid used Gina, but at least it helps me.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

Even better, Smederick, you can make DI Cast have a timer with DI's duration, that shows the target's name, and then include an end-early text of it being knocked off and an end-early text of that character dying straight through it. You'd likely want a second timer window for it, but that'd make you a list of everyone in the raid that has DI on
  17. Gundolin Augur

Sorry to bump old threads (again) but Does anyone have a trigger for when Alliance wheres off?
  18. Brohg Augur

like for GINA? The problem with making one is that the message is the same for it wearing off your target and for your target being healed by it wearing off someone else. So unless your raid isn't spreading those around (a mistake, they should be), a trigger based on the log file won't be helpful.
  19. Gundolin Augur

Yes for Gina thanks. :). We are spreading the alliance around, but it looks like we are under utilizing it. So looking for a better way to see when to reapply. Does your guild just have shaman on timers for Alliance? Or how are you managing it?

Thanks. :)
  20. Brohg Augur

Our clerics watch the buff on the actual tanking tanks, asking for refreshes as needed. Shm put Alliance on the others as they have time.