Live Update Bugs 03/15/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Prathun Developer

Tested hand-in of items 18051 (Stupendous Tome) and 5126 (Hero's Khukri) to Arch Duke Xog in East Cabilis on Live and Beta servers and the quests worked correctly for me. I received experience, coin, the Lord of Pain's Khukri. The text from the hand-in looks OK. I was not able to reproduce your reported issue.
  2. drEvil Lorekeeper

Speaking of stuff that has been broken for years. Can any devs confirm or deny the Effect: Guardian's Boon being restricted to 1hb attacks from NPCs only? I would think the effect would say that in the description if it was actually intended. This has been broken since OoW originally launched as the effect has almost no use at it stands and certainly had no use when it was "in era". The effect should likely work just like the anguish warrior BP click works, which reduces hits from ALL attacks from NPCS, not just 1hb attacks.

Item :
    Armsmaster's Breastplate

Thanks =)

3. Prathun Developer

I see. Your faction with Crusaders of Greenmist isn't high enough to complete the quest. The message he's spitting back is clearly incorrect, though, and it looks like the correct text was overwritten at some point. I'll try to find the original message and restore it.

Edit: The Mac server data has the wrong message too and this text was overwritten long enough ago that it's not stored in our change logs. Furthermore, the messages displayed in classic content when you handed in quest items to an NPC with insufficient faction was generally something like "Thanks. I'm keeping this." as the NPC ate your items. That's not a thing anymore, obviously, but the texts in classic have not been changed to reflect the changes to the way NPCs handle items they can't use due to whatever reason, returning them instead of destroying them. Updating those texts is a cleanup fix that we can look into for the future, though of course it's not a high priority one.

If I'm reading the faction chart right, it doesn't look like there's a way to raise Crusaders of Greenmist by killing NPCs, but it can be raised by completing some quests for NPCs on that faction.

It looks like the best option, and perhaps the only option, is the penance quest offered by Crusader Zixo in East Cabilis.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1259
    Ishtass, DinkumThinku99 and fransisco like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Been ages, but iirc bone chips to Mozo or explorer knives from loio (if you don't mind torching kelethin factions) hit all major iksar factions, including Crusaders of the Greenmist, with the one exception being Brood of Kotiz (necro guild). That one has to be raised via slaughtering renegade iksars, a good place being the caves in Warsliks.

Allahs seems to confirm as well:

everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1663

Faction Required:
    Legion of Cabilis (Min: Dubious)
    Factions Raised:
    Cabilis Residents +25
    Crusaders Of Greenmist +25
    Legion of Cabilis +?, +?, +100
    Pirates Of Gunthak +1, +?
    Scaled Mystics +25
    Swift Tails +25

Knives are ~25x as potent as bone chips, but there are way less explorers available plus they hose faction(s) people might care about. Also if the player isn't Iksar or CT deity an illusion might be required iirc?
    Prathun and Zarsil like this.
  5. Babien New Member

Just reposting as no mention of being worked or acknowledged thus far.

Bard being able to benefit from Ranger, Rogue and Wizard synergy line still not fixed, currently must illusion to large race to use slam just to benefit from it Ranger and Rogue class, no way to benefit from Wizard as we don't have spells. Please fix this.

[49713/49713] Outrider's Synergy I
    Classes: RNG/254
    Target: Caster Group
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks)
    Max Hits: 3 Offensive Proc Casts
    1: Cast: Outrider's Synergy Strike I on Skill Use (32000)
    2: Limit Skill: Archery
    3: Limit Skill: Backstab
    4: Limit Skill: Bash
    5: Limit Skill: Dragon Punch
    6: Limit Skill: Eagle Strike
    7: Limit Skill: Flying Kick
    8: Limit Skill: Kick
    9: Limit Skill: Round Kick
    10: Limit Skill: Throwing
    11: Limit Skill: Tiger Claw
    12: Limit Skill: Frenzy
    Text: Your skill attacks resonate with Outrider's Synergy.
    [49719/49719] Blackguard's Synergy I
    Classes: ROG/254
    Target: Caster Group
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks)
    Max Hits: 3 Offensive Proc Casts
    1: Cast: Blackguard's Synergy Strike I on Skill Use (32000)
    2: Limit Skill: Archery
    3: Limit Skill: Backstab
    4: Limit Skill: Bash
    5: Limit Skill: Dragon Punch
    6: Limit Skill: Eagle Strike
    7: Limit Skill: Flying Kick
    8: Limit Skill: Kick
    9: Limit Skill: Round Kick
    10: Limit Skill: Throwing
    11: Limit Skill: Tiger Claw
    12: Limit Skill: Frenzy
    Text: Your skill attacks resonate with Blackguard's Synergy.

Bards don't meet the skill requirements for these, but I think this should count, I'm not sure why it doesn't -
    [41655/16791] Selo's Kick XV
    Classes: BRD/254
    Skill: Kick, Max Focus: 320%
    1: Kick Attack for 1050 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    Text: You stagger from the surprising kick.
    Since bard songs are not spells, we don't meet the requirements for Sympathetic procs either:
    [33328] Sympathetic Force of Magic XIII
    1: Cast: Force of Magic XIII on Spell Use (Base1=10) e.g. Cast Time 2s=2.5% 3s=3.3% 4s=5.0% 5s=6.7%
    2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    4: Limit Min Level: 70
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP

This excludes us from a variety of other things, like Chromatic Haze, Mana Flare procs, our own Arcane Melody procs, our own spell damage bonus procs, new synergies from other classes as mentioned, etc.
  6. fransisco Augur

Most classes don't benefit from every other classes synergy.
    This isn't a DB hates bards thing.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Boats in the barren coast are still acting weird.
  8. Prathun Developer

Glad that worked. Totally understandable that it would be puzzling when seeing the wrong message talking about Thelin when it was a faction requirement.
    Yinla and Fanra like this.
  9. daranged Lorekeeper

Makes it more of a challenge
  10. Babien New Member

No disrespect intended but I never mentioned anything about Daybreak hating a class. I mentioned something that needs to be fixed. We are a hybrid class, we should be included in melee synergies. This is not a discussion, this is a problem that needs to get fixed as the game continues we will be "locked" out of getting the benefit of future group abilities if the coding isn't changed or updated to include bard skills in them.
  11. Sharnhorst Journeyman

Can we have any Dev feedback about this bug please?
  12. Dzarn Developer

Thanks for reporting the issue. We'll adjust this in a future update so that setting the color will also cause the setting to take hold as that will be a better and more logical user experience.
  13. Sharnhorst Journeyman

This is a very obvious issue (either the patch notes were incorrect, or the changes in-game were), so it is very disappointing not having received any feedback so far. Could you please let us know if this is being reviewed?

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450

Cheers,
    Sharn
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Is the TLP shaman community beating a dead horse or could we finally get even the slightest whisper of a comment from a dev on what's going on with our DoT situation? It feels insolent to keep posting about this over and over, but it's starting to feel insulting that between the various threads on the DB boards where this issue has been mentioned, plus the tracker link (quoted ^^^ ) which has plenty of data included, devs have been 100% ignoring this since it was reported over a month and a half ago. I hate to get spammy about this but the best way to prevent users being spammy about an ignored bug is to get in front of the issue, which is exactly the opposite of what's going on here; next best case is go ahead and tell is what's up now instead of tomorrow or next week or next month.

Please break the silence. I don't mind being patient - I'm glad to do it and have plenty of other things to do with my time. But there's zero reason to just blatantly ignore this after multiple members of the community have done all the legwork including crunching the numbers and even making viable suggestions for a fix. This isn't something that we "feel" is wrong or a question of balance -- in this case the game is behaving 100% differently than stated in the patch notes and the numbers have been provided to demonstrate this is the case.

Come on, let's go.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Galleyan likes this.