Evolving the Darkened Blackburrow Trinket ??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yes.. I know about the 2% issue and questions. That's not my question.

It seems you evolve this charm based on killing the "playable races" of Norrath.
    Is this based on the 10, or 100, or 1000 achevements of each race to "fully" evolve it?
    (less the missing 2% of course - any word on that?)
    Thanks!
    -Rat

PS: If someone wants to suggest a good place to kill each race without faction hits - I'll take it.
    Seems I'm less than 100 on VahShir and Guktans for openers. (that surprised me!)
  2. Quixotic Journeyman

If you are getting the free 500 daybreak cash each month, a locked faction potion or two isn't a bad investment.
  3. Kravn Augur

You can kill those races without going to their home cities and ruining faction.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

I knew the PS was likely a mistake............
    -R
  5. Tour Augur

-Dulak's Harbor / Gulf of Gunthak / Crypt of Nadox is a great high density mix of all evil races, sans Iksar.
    -If you just need trolls, then Nadox is better.
    -Sanctus Seru is a great high density mix of a number of good races.
    -If you just need short races, Fort Mech is good.
    -If you just need human type races, then Direwind Cliffs is good.
    -In Shar Vahl, outside the west side of the city wall, is a recruit camp which has 2 Firewatch mobs on a roughly 5-6 second timer. This is equivalent to roughly a bit less than a 200 mob zone on a 10 min respawn timer. Stand between them, set merc up. Done. Also kill other mobs that spawn near them. To speed things up even more, have another group member head into the city to kill stuff. Yeah, faction hit, but I think most would feel it is worth it.
    -Upper and Lower Guk for Froglok (counts towards the higher number kill count, not lower). Additionally, Lower Guk has a pit at 921.06, -636.25, -204.50 that spawns slaves very rapidly. Same idea as Shar Vahl above.
    -In case you're missing Guktan, do South Ro LDoN's, or maybe go to Rathe Mtn.
    Kurn's Stronghold or Field of Bone for Iksar.

Doesn't play well with others (10,000 all playable races, do this one last after you work on all the others).
    You may have this by virtue of doing the above plus just normal playing of the game. If not, Dulak's Harbor / Gulf of Gunthak / Crypt of Nadox is likely your best bet to finish off.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

South ro ldons for guktans.

For vah shir without faction hits, clear the bandits in paludal caverns. Will take a bit to get to 100 vah shir, but you'll get other race hits and it isn't too bad. Get 5-10 a clear. Also, the vah shir skeleton models in places like shadeweavers count as vah shir with no faction hits.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

thanks for the great info.
    Is the threshold for the Charm 100, 1000, or 10,000 ??
    -Rat
  8. Lubianx Augur

Just a question that sort of relates to the above. I used to remember how it was done but have forgotten. How do you change the faction of mob in Sverag? I want to do the barbarians, vah shir and dwarves here to evolve the charm but cant recall how to change what's currently up.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Some examples:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Cloudia Augur

To change faction groups in tosk/dev clear current. The repop will be something else, they cycle as one group wipes out another. If one type is dominant clearing a camp of all mobs will cause it to cycle.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The Devastation is another good place to find Vah Shir mobs sans faction hits.
  12. ShadowMan Augur

Why bother putting all that work into this charm when there are charms just as good that require none of that work? After the nerf this charm is pointless.
  13. Vdidar Augur

The port charm is the only useful thing this year and it's not great lol
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

What's note here, is that I got many GREAT suggestions as to where to mass kill the races.
    (thank you!)
    That said - my original question remain unaddressed.......
    100 or 1000 - are you sure?
    -R
    Tereil likes this.
  15. Jalelorf Augur

Isn't this simply based on the slayer achievements?
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Could you name a couple? This charm is almost twice as good as what I have now, so clearly worth the effort involved.

Tat
  17. ShadowMan Augur

Zueria's slide is the easiest since you can get 6 at once for toons and it takes 10 minutes. Queens toy from reg EoK but farming this is still faster than maxing a charm. Or there is the zone wide rares from EoK.
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

"Simply" which ones?
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Zueria's Slide looks like it only has stats in Kunark. I don't have EoK yet, so that doesn't help much. All others drop in EoK, so same problem. I think I'll go for this one after all (Darkened Blackburrow Trinket).

Tat

PS - I've always hated charms which are situational. Good at night, on this continent, when you have a full group, etc. I'd rather have one that keeps the same stats all of the time.
  20. Sancus Augur

Zueria's Slide only has slightly decreased stats outside of Kunark. It's 4345/4115/4115 HME in Kunark zones and 4127/3909/3909 HME elsewhere.

Outside of Kunark it won't be as good as the Darkened Blackburrow Trinket, but the difference isn't huge.