Live Update Bugs 03/15/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 15, 2017.

1. smash Augur

Because disease no longer on bracer, but on range item.

Change that happened with EoK.
  2. Daykin Journeyman

Posting here because I believe it's a bug.

Adjustments to shaman and druid dots have pushed some below original output while removing stacking. This is for spells on current TLPs (E-bolt, Plague..etc) that have dropped below original damage for these spells since last patch. This doesn't seem like it was intended as the patch notes say they're still supposed to be higher.
  3. Aeular Journeyman

New timestamp feature: custom color, instead of matching, seems to never take.
  4. Kinadorm Augur

This seems to happen just about every queen raid when multiple warcasters spawn. If you go purple to the ae and get healed the client sometimes thinks that you died and locks out your mouse control. You can still interact with the keyboard and move the mouse but clicking on anything does not register. The only way to regain mouse control is to zone.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[Sun Mar 19 21:56:10 2017] Your Offensive Discipline spell on Denlar has been overwritten.
    [Sun Mar 19 21:56:10 2017] Your Ironfist Discipline Rk. III spell on Kensing has been overwritten.

I'm a druid. Denlar is a warrior. Kensing is a monk.

Needless to say, druids don't have Offensive Discipline or Ironfist Discipline.
  6. Zaph Augur

Dunno what "you've" done, but since the last patch there's a terrific hellava memory leak going on from eqgame.exe
  7. Sharnhorst Journeyman

Issue with Shaman spells; according to patch notes:

*** Spells ***
    - Shaman - DoT spells that were consolidated in the last update are now less efficient and will do less damage than before. They will still do substantially more damage than before they were consolidated.

This is not correct on TLP servers; all currently available poison DoT spells are doing substantially LESS damage than before they were consolidated

Reported here:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I got this as well:
    I sometimes get a message that my gift of mana(105) on "playerx" has been overwritten.
    I am a wizard and gift of mana is not a spell I can cast on other players...
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

On beta. The data and code are the same for this, at least as far as I know. The issue was reported on test but I could not duplicate it on test or beta.
    One thing I have not checked is if any of the guards do a de-spawn respawn trick, in which case they would not spawn with the loot (the loot is added at startup, which is why there is "always" enough, not on NPC spawn) My test would not have seen this as my test was to re-pop every 3 minutes for 150 minutes and look at the log of dropped items. There were 150 scalps and 300 teeth.

I literally copied the behavior from original Qeynos into the instance. I did not look for despawn behaviour, but I will now.

there are 31 NPC's including Fippy and the Adds with the warrior and mage guild master (neither Fippy nor the adds count)
    The bankers also cannot drop teeth or scalp, so 26 that can drop the parts.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Hey! Look what I found!

NCD
    1141 Depop Night 9pm
    1142 Depop Day 7am

Arg!

I apologize for this oversight and I will alter these NPC's

If you watch game time and you don't take too long, you can avoid this in the short term while I fix this and find out when I can get it hotfixed.

Those times are in GAME time not real time. So the "best" time to launch the instance is 7:10 am game time... will give you 42 minutes to let the instance spool up, zone in, and do the mission.
    (a game hour is about 3 minutes real time)
    Thunderkiks, Ishtass, Imak and 2 others like this.
  11. smash Augur

Thanks for finding out.
  12. Hludwolf Developer

I need more info to investigate this. Please PM me your character name and server, approximate time and zone.
  13. Omegga Elder

Sionche Heartsinger is back on Bertox but when we get her mission and say ready we get the message The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you could enter if there was a reason to come here.
  14. Axxius Augur

And still no achievement. So you fixed the missing emote but did not fix the ach. Come on, guys! :rolleyes:
    kizant and Slippry like this.
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

For the Ancient Dragon raid event, there's a set of drakes that spawns at 0%. You can kill the dragon and all other event mechanics stop, but you still have to fight the drakes. You only need to kill the twisted drake, and the rest despawn. Something about this seems wrong. Either the drakes are an extra set that shouldn't show up, or the Dragon is supposed to be locked until all the drakes are dead.

For the Atrebe Sathir raid event, the rift bubble is really aggressive about kicking you away. You can have it attempt to fling you multiple times at once; I have "The power of the rift bubble flings you back" up to 9 times in the same second. It seems like there is damage attached to this fling (which I can't find in the spell file), and that damage gets applied multiple times depending on how often the rift feels like hitting you.
  16. Axxius Augur

No, it's just spamming /say with the kick messages for everybody who is getting kicked out. Just like the shieldbearers used to spam everybody. If it kicks 9 people you all get 9 messages. :rolleyes:
  17. Malbro Augur

First you need to click off the default setting, then right click and then choose the coloring you want
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, GM's weren't in this thread. Of the Dev's posting, I do not know anything about the issue (remember I have been away for a while), and your post does not give any information but "broke," so I do not feel qualified to speak on it. And Hludwolf is a coder, so it is not in his bailiwick.
    Gialana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. svann Augur

IDK if you would call this a bug exactly.
    The quest Purifying the Purifier tells you to go to drogan and get 3 of the ore they gather. So I got 3 dronan ore. Quest guy wont take it. Looking it up on the web it needs Drogan ore not Dronan ore. There should be only 1 kind of ore, or dont make them the same spelling except 1 letter, or maybe specify in the quest which ore he wanted. It does not even say get Drogan ore. It just says get their ore.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Glooping Elder

Dronan Ore is used for Methods of Sarnak Destruction (Kor-Sha Lab Partisan 2) while Drogan ore drops specifically from the slaves. I agree it can be a little confusing (and was during beta) since you see ore and think its the right stuff. However both ores are uses in separate quests.