FREE Heroic Character – Until March 31, 2017

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Zamiam Augur

maybe they will extend the 150% xp bonus by a few days/week for peeps who will loose a few days till they fix it .. if it doesnt get fixed by tonight i doubt it will be addressed till monday ..
  2. Kravn Augur

I hope they do it soon, I wanna heroic my new shaman so its high enough level to get some of the anniversary rewards before they are gone =/ Not to mention I am burning valuable Krono time.
  3. Rhaage Augur

If you've followed the steps above and still no heroic, have you attempted a support ticket?

They should be able to readily identify that you meet the following criteria:
    1) all access
    2) no existing HC character
    3) no 1 HC upgrade available.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

their "get support" link isn't super easy to find but it may yield a result.
  4. RadarX Augur

For those of you still experiencing it we are still investigating this issue.
  5. Adrihaen New Member

I have encountered only one problem. All accounts were at least two months old. One is a sub account. Another used to be subbed so now just silver. The other three were completely free with no purchase and of those only one hasn't gotten the heroic even though two of those were created the same day.
  6. Gialana Augur

Had you logged a character into the EQ world before this promotion? If not, that could explain the problem. If you had, then I don't know why you're not getting the heroic.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Doesnt have to be logged in before the promotion but if you create the account after you need to have all acccess to get the heroic.
  8. Cleaver Augur

Not true. New accounts are not getting a heroic character atm. Even if you add all access.
  9. disgruntled Augur

I'd like to solve this myself so I went to the account management page where it shows other grants that have been received. This information isn't on there yet.

So I must ask here, if one out of 20 accounts is not showing its HC grant, what should we do?
  10. Adrihaen New Member

Those two accounts I activated had never been in EQ1 so they quasi-new I guess. And neither one has ever had any money spent on it. Its no big deal since I was just testing out how things worked to help out. Apparently, there's still some type of problem on their side. Either these two accounts shouldn't get heroics or they should instead on one over the other.

Personally, all the accounts I wanted heroics on worked fine. My sub account, my old sub account that is silver now and my free account which never had money on it but did play EQ in the past. The other two I had made the same day and never played are the ones that don't show if completely free accounts are supposed to get the heroics as one did and the other didn't.
  11. Geroblue Augur

The silver has money on it, the $5 to convert it from f2p to silver.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not true. I created a new account gave it a kroon and got the heroic. That was after a GM answered my petition saying it was fixed by the Development Team. *shrugs* he did say it will only show up on the inventory screen in game and not at the character menu though so the new character part is still buggy.

If you are still having problems I suggest petitioning it.
  13. Warlain Lorekeeper

Think you gata log into the game first then log back out to char select to see it
  14. Adrihaen New Member

Tried another account I made back that day and it can't get the heroic either. So, out of all my "new" accounts, only one got it.

*new being created the Daybreak account a few months ago but never logged into EQ
  15. Siddar Augur

Gold accounts. silver accounts, free to play, brand new accounts, old accounts with no heroic, old accounts with heroics characters already made. All got heroic new character. Wonder if people having trouble had certain issues with daybreak in the past and it's blocking heroics on ether computer ID are email accounts or both.
  16. Lynnia Augur

They said "if you'd ever logged into EQ" in the announcement...
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think he was confused with something that might have been fixed internally and/or he didn't understand exactly how it works himself. For me on all the accounts it has worked as follows:
    1. Log into EQ and select a server.
    2. If I have a character on that server then choose that character and head into the game; if not then create a character on that server and head into game with it (make note of how many Heroic Characters it says you have available).
    3. Once in game, the Upgrade character option, will appear in your character's Inventory window (assuming whatever UI you are using is set up for it to do so).
    4. Last, /camp to character select screen, and it will say Heroic Characters available 1 (or 1 more than it did previously).
    I have not tried to do it on a new account using a Krono or new subscription though.
    I do have a theory though on why the Heroic Characters might not be awarding to those who go All Access yet; at least for those who are actively subscribing using a CC. Whatever flag it is looking for to award you the Heroic Character might not be added until after the subscription is processed and clears the bank. For those using Krono, I suppose there could be a similar delay for the flag on those if it was just a blanket change.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Tried it with a new sub and kroon just so I could tell guildies it worked. Didn't at first but they later fixed it. But they have to follow your steps for it to show up.
  19. Kravn Augur

An update / fix on this would be awesome... I have lost 5 days of valuable krono time I could have been leveling from 85-105 with.

Summary of problem again:

-Made new account
    -Made new char on new account
    -consumed krono on new char
    -logged to desktop, then back in to the char, over and over.
    -still not getting the free heroic upgrade being available.

-have tried making additional chars, not helping.

thanks,
  20. Kravn Augur