Test Update 03/08/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

This parse is really telling, and proves my point. Even IF we accept that million damage tics are commonplace, look at the results of your dps meter - you managed to do 19% of the damage produced by the group in that period of time. 19% only. On one mob. How is that unreasonable?

Furthermore, the parse you offer shows that First Spire was active the whole time. That AA has a more than ten minute cool down. And certainly Haze, which was also active the whole time AND which can only be received when in a group with a chanter, is not available all the time - likely has a significant cool down as well. This is not a normal circumstance.

But, for arguments sake, I'll accept you assertion. Big deal - Druids can SOMETIMES in the RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES get approximately one tic of a Dot that is over 1 million in damage. At most, every ten minutes when in a specific group set-up.

And, oh no!, that puts them, for that one mob, at 19% of the damage done. How is that unbalancing?

Wow - just how low does Druid dps have to be to keep you folks happy? Keep in mind that the rest of those ten minutes, Druid dps is far lower than for that one mob.

Your parse proves my point - if, at our best, we can do 19% of the dps one mob in the best of circumstances, and then spend the next 9 mutes at 10% or less of total dps, then our class in underpowered. Period.

This is true whether or not your parse is accurate, complete, or real and whether or not we very rarely see 1 million damage tics.

And, for the record, I have never seen such damage, and I have been playing my druid a great deal since these dots went LIVE.

DEVS - Leave Druid DoTs as they are currently on LIVE. To do otherwise is folly, mean-spirited and completely without a compelling reason.
    svann likes this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Remember to play nice with each other on the forums.
    Metanis, IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  3. gotwar Gotcharms

You can do a whole lot more than a 1 million damage tick with that DoT. With just an Enchanter providing Synergy + IoG + Chromatic Haze you would see 3-4x that number or more while running personal burns. This isn't even something you have to wonder about, you can use math* to find the answer!

To be honest, at this point you're drawing way more attention to the power of Druid DoTs (in a patch notes thread that Developers actually read) than other members of your class are probably comfortable with. You've made your point. Now is a good time to let the developers do developer things. :cool:

*Use math at your own risk. This post does not advocate for the use of math. Math is hard. When in doubt, always remember: friends don't let friends spreadsheetquest.

Edit: cleaned some wording up out of respect for Path Notes Discussion Thread ;)
    Sindaiann likes this.
  4. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

Really? You are basing druid dps and an argument to nerf them upon the supposition that it is normal to have EoK or TBM raid gear and be grouped with a chanter and a bard. And, even then, we get the CHANCE for million+ tics once every ten minutes or so? And that is anathema?

Again, I have grouped with chanter and bard recently and not once had a tic over 567 K. And you suggest folks with my AA and gear are both habitually grouped with a chanter and bard (wrong - I do not box, and chanters are not that common in my guild) AND habitually getting tics of 2 million! Wow!

Even if I accept your argument, I say, so what? How does it harm anyone if our dps is high in burns every ten minutes but far below average dps classes across the long term?

If I were to get a tic of 5 million, I have no real tools to reduce agro - Veil fails more often than it works - so IF I were to be so lucky, I'd be dead shortly after such a tic.

Or maybe not, if I am grouped with some tremendous, raid geared cleric that can out heal incoming damage - likely in your scenario that is also a common set of circumstance.

But not for me and not for most of the players I know.
  5. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

It remains patently unfair to base decisions of Druid - or any class dps - on their synergy with other toons. If the ONLY time Druids stand out is when so grouped, then so be it, leave it as it is. Such instances are rare for most of us mid-level players.

Furthermore, if synergy is the issue, then spread the nerfs around. An underserved class that has finally been thrown a bone should not be the sole or primary subject of such cuts.
  6. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

Darn, "your" not "you're"
  7. RangerGuy Augur

Druids should not be capable of doing that much damage per tic which means fixing chromatic haze and gift of chromatic haze back to not work for dot tics. Druids should not be dpsing at levels of actual dps classes. So if that becomes the case after first round of tweaks then further changes might be needed.
  8. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

DPS is like crack! Once you try it, you want more. Forget about all that healing, more DPS.
  9. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

I don't know a single druid that started a druid to be a primary healer. Not one. Happy to hear from other druid mains that did so.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  10. Runzen Elder

Please leave the shaman dots alone as they are on live now. Am doing 1/3 of the damage i was doing and spending the same amount of mana. Agro is the same as it was before as well. Please do not push these updates to live, it will kill shamans again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. S33k3r Augur

Years ago I used to see the occasional druid that started life with the intention to be a primary healer but it did not take long before they were disappointed.

Since then I have grouped with the odd druid that would concentrate far too much on healing (in groups & raids)..
  12. Rolaque Ancient

Specialize Abjure 225
    Specialize Alteration 280
    Specialize Conjuration 225
    Specialize Divination 215
    Specialize Evocation 275
    There's an example, been that way since the very beginning.
  13. Warpeace Augur

What does any of that have to do with mid-level players? Its a fact group synergy increases specific class potentials and should be taken into account. Your never going to see max potential solo, if that was the case things would be very broken.
  14. mackal Augur

Weird thing to complain about ... but I do not like the new load screen. It just feels incomplete and bothers me :p
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Lol at the shaman dot's being less efficient than the original.....are you calling the change of 02/15 the original? Let me show you something

01/17/17 - Live

[44299/14617] Garugaru Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/104
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 1875
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -30
    Focusable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Curse Counter by 30
    2: Decrease Current HP by 3465 per tick
    Text: Malevolent magic is sent to curse your spirit.
    Inflicts an ancient curse upon your target, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z.

02/15/17 - Live

Mana: 13974
    Stacking: Curse 26
    2: Decrease Current HP by 27183 per tick
    Inflicts an ancient curse upon your target, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z.

03/08/17 - Test

Mana: 11594
    Stacking: Curse 26
    2: Decrease Current HP by 17141 per tick

As far as the term original goes, to me that implies pre any dot revamp for shaman, so 01/17/17 is an accurate reflection of this.

The changes on 02/15/17 to all shaman dots, although awesome for the group game, created imbalance based on the damage shamans could easily do. Did it prove useful in situations where guilds maybe had 1 necro and were heavy shaman? Sure I would suppose it did, however any rational person knew the damage shamans were putting out was absolutely OP. Rational shaman knew this was coming.

The above reflects just one spell for the shaman class (and I could go thru and show you 3 date comparisons of every dot), however most dots for yall either saw damage decreased per tick by nearly 50% of what 02/15/17 implemented, or some scale of 0-50% decreased dmg/tick with either mana increase to said spell or decreased somewhat. To me this just corrects the damage imbalance from these dots and puts a heftier cost to shamans who choose to add some dps.

As far as druids go, if I was yall, I would keep quiet. Your most powerful dd/dot spell was not touched *yet*.
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  16. Minato Augur

Dont say this very often but i feel bad for the devs.... on one hand you have people complaining about the aggro when dots were OP now you have the same people complaining when they were nerfed (still not nearly as bad as they used to be) when everyone and their mother knew a nerf was coming
    Warpeace and Sindaiann like this.
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Klober_Dcard Journeyman

I've played shaman since kunark I've always loved my class this new found power has been INSANE. and my class SHOULD 100% be nerfed i know not all players are fully raid geared or have near 20K aa but if you have fleeting spirit or spiritual channeling with a fair number of dot aa you can get some good exp burns.

i just found out about this power we got becayse i dont solo root rott much in the last few years of playing since it was taking me a good 2-3 minutes per mob to kill. mana never being a problem because of our massive mana gaining abilitys

when patch came i sure noticed if i ever used any dots my mana went away and couldnt keep it up even useing most our mana abilitys

now after finding out how strong my dots really became i started abusing my power and things got crazier and crazier the more i found little tricks to optimizing it

untill this power i never payed attention too DPS synergy from other classes ive always played group/raid play as a healer /buffer for others DPS i left all the other class synergy too the dps to figure out

but now for solo play i can pull 8-10 even/yellow con mobs AE root and root them all pop fleeting spirit and dot each one with JUST my combo disease dot and they all die before root breaks

currently hunting sarnak fort NW in FM zone without any cooldown ability i can root a mob cast combo disease my top 2 magic dots costing betwee 13-16% of my mana and kill a even/yellow con mob

the time it takes to cast the spells and find new targets my roots slow me down almost as much as mana recovery i find myself waiting for my plentiful root aa to come back

but i discovered my ancient never used skill of spiritual channeling ive known about but never needed
    and it lets me ignore mana recovery just throw my hp around for not sure how long exactly it doesnt seam to have a buff effect on me just stops working after i think 6.5 minutes or so

but during that time it takes me the cast time of VP malosinete aa combo disease and 2 magic dots to kill even/yellow con mobs

without vitality from fellowship or LoTD im getting around 200aa an hour

i am getting around 220,000 DPS average while im soloing thats not during burns thats just average dps hunting solo

one more thing i wanted too mention i dont have any of my type 3 augs also dont have the raid achievment stuff from last expansion that can give up too 10% dmg increase i think it works for dots

so my dps could get a bit higher solo and adding in synergy i guess i could become even more broken

i hope the devs find a good solution to the problem and i hope they fix the lower level spells it sounds like they are losing out overall

a word about the druids i hope they find a middle ground they have nothing near the mana recovery we shamans do. a few expansions back i compaired my dps with a druid friend of mine and he smoked my dps every time no matter what cooldowns i used. i never knew what cooldowns he was using or why he could get those 90K dps parses a few expansions back but it wasnt top dps class worthy still it sure impressed me.
  19. Lillola Lorekeeper

Wonderful. Now we're offered 150% bonus experience while the issue with the collectibles remains unfixed. I am a collectible addict that doesn't care about experience since I am level 105 and have pretty much maxed out my AA. What I do want is the collectible problem to be fixed. I may be the only one on EQ that feels this way. Between this issue and the situation last year with my guild hall, houses, and items in the hall, houses, and yards disappearing I'm very sorry I am currently paid on six accounts well into 2018. If I was not I would be well overdue to find another MMO to enjoy. As it is I feel stuck since I don't want to give my money away for nothing. I'm trying to find something on EQ that is worthwhile at this point and am failing miserably. I used to say that "EQ is a very long game" meaning there was always something to do however for the last 9 months it's just been frustrating. I suppose I can level up a few other characters but it will be done with little enthusiasm since once my accounts are due for renewal I will not be playing this game any longer.

Or I can just find something more productive to do than sit at the computer.
  20. smash Augur

1 thing, the Collection issue has been solved, at least on live. And well expect there to be issues on Test, it is a test server after all