How to claim the free heroic Character?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by nehemiaxx, Mar 16, 2017.

1. nehemiaxx New Member

I logged in several times, on the character selevtion it says: Available Heroic Characters: 0

Fix anyone?
  2. BlackedKnight New Member

Bump. Having the same issue
  3. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

for whatever reason i don't think its implemented yet
  4. Dalsina Lunrais

Anyone know if you need an active sub for the free character?
  5. Davinuis New Member

Yes you have to have all-access I think for it. But even those of us with All Access aren't able to access the free heroic character for whatever reason.
  6. Porcelain New Member

also cannot claim heroic character. Have current expansion and Gold status
  7. WebNinja New Member

If it's like last time they did this. The only ones that have to have Gold to get it are new accounts made after they add it in. This should be for everyone that has an account no matter the status of it. It just looks like they didn't add it in yet.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Tillweed New Member

Same no go on both account in our house hold. I think WebNinja is right probably not active yet.
  9. WebNinja New Member

I would try back after the live stream. They may be waiting till then
  10. Eniripsa New Member

Said only NEW accounts needs a sub, all other accouts that have played everquest before should not need one.
  11. Geroblue Augur

RadarX said in another thread its being looked into.
  12. Phiyre Augur

From their statement, you shouldn't need to be all access..
    Our anniversary gift to EVERYONE who has ever played EverQuest is a FREE level 85 Heroic Character. All you have to do to take advantage of this offer is log in before Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 11:59PM PDT.

You do need to be all access if you create a new account though to get the free heroic character.
    Never played EverQuest before? No problem! This promotion is also available to new accounts if they have an All Access Membership! Being a member has its perks, and you can learn more about membership benefits here.
    disgruntled and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. nazgull2k1 Elder

Guys... its easy to do. Seriously. They just put it in a funky spot.

Step 1 - Log in/Create the character you want to be Heroic Leveled.

Step 2 - Open your inventory (Push "i" Key on your keyboard.)

Step 3 - Look on the bottom right, see that there's a BIG GREEN BUTTON that says "Heroic Character"

Step 4 - Push Big Green Button

Step 5 - Profit!
    disgruntled and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. nazgull2k1 Elder

*addendum/edit* - Some are saying you have to create the character, then log ALL the way out via /camp desktop, then log the character back in for the button to appear. I did not have this issues.. your mileage, as always, may vary.
  15. Geroblue Augur

I did it on an existing character and didn't see a big green button.

1) log into account, server, and character you want to go to 85.

2) move everything off the character to your bank. weapons, armor, rings, packs, etc.

3) log out to character select

4) highlight the character you want to go to 85, the same character as step 1 and 2.

5) log in to the zone.

6) Go to the eQ button, and select Quests, then Rewards.

7) click on 'select option' until the window closes.

Somewhere in there you will be asked if this is the character you want to make HC 85 level. Click on Yes or okay. I forget which one is there.

Now all items are on your character, select new spells for the new level, arrange inventory, buff, etc. have fun.
  16. Toadwater Journeyman

Three accounts, all gold, all 5 to 16 years old. I was able to claim a heroic on ONE.

The level of ineptitude that this company has displayed since I came back to play on Phinny is shocking.
  17. Geroblue Augur

I have claimed heroic on 2 of my accounts, only one is all access. Did you try what I typed in above ?
  18. Herf Augur

I have two accounts. One goes way back to Kunark. The other was an all access account I used to double box on Phinny.

I'm editing my earlier post because I was wrong.

I've followed Geroblue's advice above and was able to get prompted to create a Heroic character from a lvl 1 I created on a NON All-Access account. I created a lvl 1 cleric, logged it in, did the first quest and dinged before noticing that there was a green Heroic button on my UI. I didn't press that one, but logged out to the character select screen and now, indeed, there was also a big green Heroic button here that would allow me to boost my lvl 1 newbie to 85. I haven't done it yet because this was just a test and I want to re-create my character with different looks.
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Geroblue Augur

If the server hasn't unlocked Heroic, its not available on that server. That is the message I saw earlier today.
  20. Leigo You come here often?

I was able to get the HC. Make your toon, log them into the world and open inventory and click the Upgrade character button. Ding 85!