FREE Heroic Character – Until March 31, 2017

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Our anniversary gift to EVERYONE who has ever played EverQuest is a FREE level 85 Heroic Character. All you have to do to claim this is log in before Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 11:59PM PDT.
    Heroic Characters are a great way to get a head start when playing a new character, or get to caught up to friends when you come to join them on their server.
    Never played EverQuest before? No problem! This promotion is also available to new accounts if they have an All Access Membership! Being a member has its perks, and you can learn more about membership benefits here.
    Special Note: Heroic Characters can NOT be redeemed on progression servers. This feature unlocks on a progression server after that server unlocks Call of the Forsaken.
    Coming back to EverQuest after a vacation from Norrath? Learn more about what Heroic

When does this start? Because im not seeing any heroic character added
  2. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

guessing it starts when the anniversary kicks off?
  3. Moege Augur

Wonder if these free ones are going to be the same as the ones that were given out when it was introduced:

e.g. delete a free one an the heroic slot is gone.
  4. Lilpugs~Cazic New Member

I'm sure they will. The delete all ya want is for paid heroic toons only.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Where did you see this announcement?
  6. Kyricus Bowmanson New Member

Where do you claim this? I'm not seeing anything yet.
  7. Moege Augur

8. Drusi Augur

I saw the announcement on the Launcher.

However, going by the general chat no one has been able to claim the heroic char doesn't matter how much you have /played or whether you are F2P or All-Access .

So presumably / hopefully DBG fixes this.
  9. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

reckon somone forgot to hit a switch?
    Rcalielie likes this.
  10. noclue Elder

not seeing anything in /claim window yet, assuming that is where we get it.
    don't recall how we claimed the first free one.
  11. Jondalar Augur

char select screen has "# of available heroic characters 0" which is where we got first one
  12. winspearean New Member

So once it shows at Player Select screen that we have 1 Heroic Character to claim, do we only have until March 31 to make it? Or will it be there for as long as we want? I'm playing a lowbie SK through some of my favourite old zones and am not ready to make her heroic although I might want to some day.
  13. Gialana Augur

If it's like the first free one, you'll be able to create heroic characters until March 31 but not after. You'll also be able to delete this new free heroic character and recreate it as often as you wish, but if you delete it after March 31, you won't be able to recreate one for free. Like with all heroic character slots, you will only get the Bayle marks and platinum (am I forgetting one other item?) on the first heroic character you create.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Saw the mesage this morning, didnt see any available yet. On a side note, I already have a 93 Monk, 87 Pal, 86 Ranger and rolled a Shaman under Hero just for potion making. I am wondering what calss I would want to take advantage of this free slot. Part of me is thinking Necro, but I've nver played one beyond the teens, same for SK. Thinking one that could solo decently but when grouped can bring some usefulness!
  15. Kobrah Augur

Might be like the free exp pots that had to be claimed from the daybreak store window ? I haven't looked at all though.
  16. RadarX Augur

We're currently looking into this and it should be resolved shortly.
  17. Lynnia Augur

Thanks, RadarX. I have a question regarding the heroic character... I have a couple heroics bought and available to me which I have been planning to try some different classes with. When this new free one is available, will I use that one first or will the system want to go through my paid ones first? how will I know when I make one if it'll be one that i'll be able to delete and get that heroic slot back or if it's the free one which I will not get back if I delete? I have characters in mind for the free one that I'm pretty confident in not wanting to swap.
  18. RadarX Augur

I'll see if I can find out, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with the logic of heroic character consumption.
  19. Goodn Augur

I'm not sure about the answer for what would go first - free or paid. But I would worry that you might not get a satisfactory answer before the time on the free one is up.

If you are not ready to use the paid ones, I'd "use" them on a server you have no intention on playing right away. Then when the free one shows up, you can use that and be sure.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Free buff bot army inc.