Honed Wurmslayer Auro + Weaponstance...do they stack?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Totonga, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Totonga New Member

Could someone answer this question?

If they dont stack, which effect is actually active?
  2. Brudal Augur

[47969] Wurmslayer's Guard
    14: Absorb Melee Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 1750 :spa 162

[49665/41088] Defensive Proficiency II
    Classes: WAR/254
    Stacking: Weapon Stances 2
    3: Increase Shield Block Chance by 15%
    5: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 20%
    7: Increase 2H Slash Damage v2 by 120%
    10: Increase Melee Mitigation by 30%
    13: Absorb Melee Damage: 5%, Max Per Hit: 2000: spa 162

They stack on all items except spa 162. With the latest change, whichever vie will absorb the most damage wins. So Wurmslayer's guard would be used until 5% of incoming hits exceeds 1750 (35,020 and higher). Neither could be used if you were grouped with a cleric and had a higher or unlimited per hit absorb that exceeded 1750 or 2000 damage respectively.
  3. Totonga New Member

Thanks for the answer. I was curious because Defensive Proficiency states: The Damage reduction of this ability does not stack with other defensive abilities.

Sadly theres no way of getting a real parse on that matter =/
  4. mackal Augur

That statement is specifically talking about 10: Increase Melee Mitigation by 30%. So that's basically the defensive line of discs ;)
  5. Triconix Augur

That description was alluding to discs such as Last Stand and the knight counterparts (Un)Holy Guardian or whatever it's called.
  6. fransisco Augur

so does the wyrmslayer effect not stack with any tank (all 3 classes) ability that reduces damage taken?
  7. Brohg Augur

8. Bamkan Augur

Yes, it does. Effectively the 1750 mitigation of Wurmslayer is actually
    2500 - under Defensive Proficiency
    3180 - under Last Stand
    3740 - under Last Stand + Anguish BP.
    Gyurika Godofwar and fransisco like this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

I am just curious how you came up with this?

Are you saying the effect of the wurmslayer effect is increased by these effects?
    Or are you adding their effects to the wurmslayer effect? Cause that still confuses me
  10. Chaosflux Augur

Vies take effect after Mitigation effects in the order of operations (this is a guess as to his logic)

Not sure his raw math is correct though due to the way those effects work (and the -% skill damage SPA on COA chest)
  11. Triconix Augur

[IMG]
  12. Tucoh Augur

I don't know that this is necessarily untrue, but it's a bizaare way to look at mitigation ordering.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

How would we parse this is all I need to know to verify if it does or does not stack with stance ?
  14. Robnie Augur

The way to test this would be find a mob with lower, and higher max hits. 20,000 and 55,000

With wurmslayer+shield

20000 damage

-30% (DP)

=14,000 damage

Now for SPA 162 it will check which absorbs more.

1750 from wurmslayers
    5% - 14,000 x.05 (5%) = 700

Wurmslayer's guard absorbs more

so 12,250 damage would be the end result.

-30% (DP)

=38,500

1750 from wurmslayers
    5% - 38,500 x .05 (5%) 1925

So DP's absorb damage would take priority

So 36,575 would be the end result.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

15. Triconix Augur

It doesn't stack with the newest portion of defensive proficiency. It doesn't even have to be parsed. It shares a SpA, therefore it won't stack. It also won't stack with NTTB, BFI, SB, Vie, and anything else tied to SpA 162.

It will stack with the 30% mitigation portion.
    Kunon likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Easy nuff to block that wurmslayer aura then and rock it out hard.
  17. Robnie Augur

August 17th 2016 patch says this

"- The way that spells and abilities that protect against a percentage of incoming spell or melee damage has been adjusted to more accurately calculate the amount of damage each buff will protect you from and select the best option.
    - - Previously, the buff with the highest percentage was always considered better, but this behavior did not account for the amount of damage being done by the hit relative to the maximum per-hit protection that these buffs offered."
  18. Triconix Augur

And what's your point? It still doesn't stack. The override rule is still enabled, it's just altered.

Stacking means that both will work at the same time (To stack - to build on top). That's not the case. It's either one or the other. The only thing that this change did was help us with worrying about stacking buffs and being screwed IE taking more damage at certain times because it was looking purely at the base percentage and not overall damage mitigation. In other words, the formula got more advanced for our benefit.

Anyways, if you have NTTB/PDH running (which is 60% uptime), the mitigation from this will essentially never stack. For that other 40% of the time, any hit over 17500 the Wurmy buff is useless(which is a lot of hits) with Vie on. If the BFI buff is on you, any hit over 12,000 the Wurmy buff is useless.

The only time Wurmy is good for warriors is low damage hits, which really aren't a thing to worry about when tanks are rocking out with 250k+ hp buffed (and well beyond that with temp buffs). And even then, you're talking maybe a few hundred damage difference which is a drop in the ocean.

I don't know if we've ever figured out a way in which mitigation is applied to hits in terms of the order that SpAs are calculated. If SpA happens before anything else, the limits for our other buffs makes Wurmy's buff even more useless for warriors.
    Janakin and Kunon like this.
  19. Cerpoxx Lorekeeper

20. Whulfgar Augur

Cerpoxx sighting ! ! THE WORLD IS ENDING ! ! ZOMG
    Cerpoxx likes this.