LDoN just randomly opened on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xyroff-cazic., Mar 14, 2017.

1. Absor Developer

Well, oops!

Obviously LDoN wasn't meant to open yet. Sorry about the mistake. It ended up being a small thing that, had it waited until tomorrow to break, would have been fixed with the update. We have shut down access to LDoN stuff and the error should be fixed with the update tomorrow.

Anyhow, it is still the plan to have LDoN open when it was scheduled to open.

Again, we apologize for the error.

A
    Tudadar likes this.
  2. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

hopefully you guys are already on it, but what about the revamped zones that went live with the LDoN trigger? will those be reset as well? If so, will you be removing any loots that had already been obtained?
  3. Glokta New Member

Thank God! Definitely felt odd being nicely surprised by Daybreak...wasn't sure how to handle it.
  4. Absor Developer

Some stuff was supposed to be triggered with Ykesha opening. I have been told that everything we were told about was supposed to open at Ykesha, the exception that I am aware of is Mischief, which reverted itself when we told the server that LDoN was not open.

If you have anything specifically that seems wrong, I guess post here. I'll try to check back later.

A
  5. Catashe Augur

Wait so does that mean all those revamped zones.. Hate,Droga,Nurga,Splitpaw was supposed to switch at LoY(minus Mischief) and not LDoN? Or am I reading that totally wrong?
  6. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

According to Prathun's post in february,

7. Zobac New Member

is Veksar supposed to be open because I can't zone in and i know originally veksar launch a couple of weeks into LoY.
  8. Phinny's Dark Knight New Member

9. Taladir Augur

Dug up some patch notes from an old post on these forums that indicate it opened about three and a half months into LoY (Reference:https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/when-will-veksar-open.188066/).

(-- Legacy of Ykeshagoes Live ---)
    ------------------------------
    February 24, 2003

As the afternoon heat grows, a trickle of adventurous folk can be seen
    moving through the rocky vales of the mountains called Stonebrunt.
    These quiet lands, normally inhabited by panda bears and kobolds, are
    slowly becoming a throughway for heroes, mercenaries and adventures of
    all races. Are you one of them?

And in Gukta tadpoles are growing into young Frogloks. There is no
    doubt in the minds of the conquerors of Grobb that the new generation
    of their people will grow into strong and steadfast servants of
    Mithaniel Marr, worthy of his respect. Will you be one of them?

OOC: Have fun with the new features, the new race and the new zones.
    Thank you for playing EverQuest.
    -- Veksar goes live on Stormhammer --
    May 14, 2003 3:00 am

** Veksar **

Veksar opens on Stormhammer!

Yes, the long-lost ancient city of the Iksar has been discovered. If
    you're brave enough, foolish enough, and if you can hold your breath,
    you may be the right hero to explore Veksar. Good luck!
    -- Veksar goes live --
    June 11, 2003

- Veksar - Since the rediscovery of the lands of Kunark, there have
    been rumors springing from the ancient lore of the Iksar. Most of those
    rumors remain unfounded, as gaining access to the lore of the insular
    Iksar is no easy task. One of the most persistent legends is about a
    city that lies buried under the Lake of Ill Omen. That city was called
    Veksar, and it is up to you to discover the tale of its fate.
  10. svann Augur

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.
    Ishtarrak and Prathun like this.
  11. Bewts Augur

"mistakenly" launch an expansion designed for group grinding the day before 180% xp bonus? Sounds too convenient to be a mistake to me on Phinny.
  12. Daykin Journeyman

Except..there's no confirmed EXP bonus yet (not a launch date anyway) and that ldons are not available?
  13. Astley Augur

Yeah, there is. Devs posted Anniversary events start with the livestream. Same as usual.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Really? I don't make like this up.

[Sat Aug 03 20:16:47 2013] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE> The barrier to The Buried Sea has been breached. Make haste, many new and exciting adventures await you in these foreign lands!

TBS was not supposed to open until Oct 7 (We had just beaten TSS two weeks before on July 19, and so we were only 14 days into the 60 day wait period before the vote.) They reverted it, and TBS opened as originally scheduled on Oct. 7 after a passed vote.

One other time when I wasn't online so don't have it in my log file, as I recall it was around SoF.
  15. Dilf Augur

I really wish it was intentional. LDoN grinding would allow me to catch up tremendously.
    Morbidhorror likes this.
  16. Catashe Augur

What happen Absor.. So comment on the revamped zones being live and not reverted back after you guys locked LDoN again?
  17. Absor Developer

I guess I'll quote myself...

"If you have anything specifically that seems wrong, I guess post here. I'll try to check back later."

Emphasis mine... I guess both times.
  18. Mowens Elder

Currently PLane of Hate is revamped again (probably the instanced version too) well it was before server went down last night, also Splitpaw, but not sure what else.
  19. Mowens Elder

Just went to Hate. Still revamped, LDON version. Intended?...seems like all the revamps are still in game
  20. Prathun Developer

Verified. We're looking into this. Thanks!