Raid Currency To Be Tagged Heirloom?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Venau, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Venau Augur

Sure why not? Let's, as a community, make a case for this!

Making raid currency heirloom will allow you to give it to your alts that exist on the same account. How cool right? U can actually spend all of that extra raid currency on your alts and have a reason to keep raiding once your main is max geared!

What's in it for Daybreak? Let's be real. Daybreak exists to make as much $$ as possible. By making this currency heirloom, the Daybreak store will most certainly see increased sales (cha-ching!).

Note: I'm not, at all, endorsing making current content raid currency tradable to the general population. Obviously, there needs to be a reason to raid. And to those who play the hardest...the rewards/gears should be the greatest?

Thoughts?
    Wayylon likes this.
  2. Venau Augur

Ooopsi! Obviously, the title to the thread is a bit whacked. I meant Heirloom instead of Prestige.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

The obvious answer would be both Heirloom AND Prestige.
  4. GoldenFrog Augur

Silly Daybreak, existing to make $$. What heartless bastages.

But you can't make a solid case for twinking with raid gear. Sorry.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

To clarify my point in case it was misunderstood my response was to the, "make as much $$ as possible".
    Do I personally think raid currency should be Heirloom or tradeable? No.
  6. seber Augur

I really don't see why No Trade u need raid unlock be any used to any one why not make any old raid coins open up after 3yrs kind of like open lock zone ?
  7. fransisco Augur

yup, absolutely never.

Raid on one toon, equip all other toons?
    Nope.
  8. Venau Augur

Haha! This is funny. This topic was mentioned to me yesterday. And guess what my reply/initial thoughts were? NO! U WANT RAID GEAR THEN RAID WITH ALL 8 TOONS ON YOUR ACCOUNT!

I'm pretty much hearing that from you guys. Something changed my mind. Here it is:

There are a ton of casual-ish raiding guilds that have a dedicated, loyal group of players as it's base. These players are on most of the time. They excel in their play cuz they love the game and work hard at attempting to be the best at what they do.

The rest of these guilds consist of people who, for various reasons, cannot or simply do not wish to play/raid everyday.

So here is what usually happens and is actually quite toxic to EQ as far as encouraging more players to log on often: The hardcore, dedicated, loyal to their tag types pretty much carry their raid force. Once they beat the content and get maxy-max geared they lose interest in showing up everyday. This is the stuff that destroys these types of guilds. Lots of times they have many alts who are decently geared and aa'd...but let's be real....most peeps simply do not wanna grind all of their toons to 105, get max Aa's and learn to play them as well as their main (raiding).

Since EQ population is pretty low...even losing a handful of hardcore players can be detrimental to this type of guild. BUT WHAT IF...........what if you could use your highly refined skills each and every time u raid by playing your maxy-max geared main to help out your raid force? Wouldn't it be cool if you could give the excess currency to your alt that exists on the same account? Wouldn't this provide a bit of motivation to stay gold? Wouldn't this help your guild be more successful? Wouldn't this keep peeps from becoming frustrated and quitting the game?

I'm convinced that the answer to some of the above questions is yes for a significant amount of players. I believe this would keep EQ peeps more active and even increase the player base.

Heirloom raid currency could infuse the game with a new energy. Don't you think we need it?

Clarification:
    1) I do not wish to have every server be able to freely trade/sell current expansion raid currency. I believe mostly that if u want the gear...you should earn it. Making raid currency Heirloom would allow it to be traded to toons on ONE AND ONLY ONE account. Your toons. Nobody else can use your currency.

2) I don't see why Daybreak would refuse to do this for us. It seems highly probable that if I can give the excess currency I earn with my maxy-max main....to my alt(s)....that i would most certainly more often use the Daybreak Store. This would provide additional revenues to our beloved game. Obviously more cash flow means the potential for better content.

3) Please don't interpret the tone of this post as me telling you what to think. Or me acting like I know more than you about what's best for the game, etc. The intent is to improve the game. To me, it seems like it's worth mentioning this and attempting to "rally the troops" and present this to the devs.
    Wayylon likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What about the alts on different accounts? Just because you can have alts on the same account doesn't mean everyone does that. Also just because you can have alts on separate accounts doesn't mean those alts can be brought in for raid currency.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They have all that already it's called the FV server.
    Axxius, fransisco and svann like this.
  11. john5 Lorekeeper

Technically, raiding isn't playing "the hardest", I have raided high end content of several expansions and it's like working at Google - everyone has the best of everything, buffs, consumables, etc., all you have to do is ask. All the while being carried by dozens of other players so you can coast to easy rewards.

Meanwhile farming group content while multi-boxing is literally like being a lowly farmer. You do all jobs by yourself and the rewards are laughable, regardless of how much you play. A raider who stands around soaking up buffs and heals, with auto-attack turned on, for 3 hours twice a week gets greater rewards.

Just wanted to get that out there- that not all of us agree raiding is "hard" or even the hardest part of the game.

So yes, the rewards should be the greatest for those of us that play hardest, but they aren't.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Tour Augur

A raider who stands around soaking up buffs and heals with auto-attack on turned on will find themselves without a guild if that guild is worth mentioning. I do agree though that raiding is not hard. But let us not kid ourselves - neither is any other part of the game.
    Imrahil and Avory like this.
  13. Kaliko Augur

You mean people botting group content for rares to sell for hundreds of dollars isn't rewarding?
  14. Cicelee Augur

15. p2aa Augur

Just wait that gear rots in raid and you will able to gear your alts. That's what happens in all raiding guilds.
  16. Drogane Journeyman

The other side of this is raid currency farming and then account to account transfers to get the coin over to an account that is willing to pay RL cash to get that coin. I suppose the account xfer fees are more money for DBG though. Similar to the money generated to move ultra rares between servers.
  17. Venau Augur

What does this even have to do with expressing an opinion with respect to making raid currency an heirloom item? New thread perhaps? Go ahead!
  18. Venau Augur

Great! Another thread derailment! /sigh and lol.
  19. svann Augur

Raid Currency To Be Tagged Prestige?

Why did you title this thread as if it you were asking if it was something that was going to happen?
    The answer is no.
    Brohg likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

This