Test Update 03/08/17 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And, it seems things changed at some point, either during my absence, or I forgot! If you have duplicate lore items, the game is going to delete one. So the only risk to players now is if they have aguments in more than one, they are probably going to loose some aguments.
  2. JChan Developer

Due to some differences to the code base between test and live right now, /testcopy won't function until the live servers are updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well at least we know not to waste our time and to wait until Live gets patched.
  4. Imak Augur

Not a new bug; old bug claimed to be fixed still borked.

Nope. Still screwed. Deranged Golems still spawning under the world, which means the event still hangs in perpetual limbo because the underworld mobs don't despawn. At the moment on Bristlebane, there are 32 Deranged Golems under world, un-attackable, even pets can't reach them.
  5. Prathun Developer

This may be a good time to re-explain how changes get from data to Live.

The development team works on the Beta environment or locally run servers. Changes we make can be pushed out and viewed relatively quickly on these environments. Depending on the type of change and depending on whether we're on Beta or local, we can see the effect as quickly as within a few minutes or as late as the next morning.

This is what we mean when we say that we've fixed something internally.
    However, that change is not yet on Live or even Test.

Test or Live need a hotfix (for content or some system changes) or a full update before they have the change. For example, Test was last updated on March 8th. Live was last updated on February 15th. The fix to the Malevolent Cloth Achievement was made internally on March 9th. Test and Live servers are not showing this fix because they have not been updated since the fix was made.
  6. Babien New Member

Bard being able to benefit from Ranger, Rogue and Wizard synergy line still not fixed, currently must illusion to large race to use slam just to benefit from it. Please fix this.
  7. Ishtass Augur

Interesting, do you guys run on personal dev pods or can you spin up all the services on your local dev box? I work for a company that has a multi-tenant cloud product, was curious how you tackled local dev.

Not related to the bug but I hope you don't mind my curiousity...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Prathun Developer

Not at all! We can run enough zones and services and a client on one of our local PCs to self-test our changes. This is largely useful for coders. Generally speaking, design works directly on Beta as most design data can be updated quickly. Changes to population or content generally involve a data push and a repop as many of you may have seen during beta testing.
  9. Slippry Augur

I'm glad you're not calling downtime patches/fixes hotfixes, like some other dbg games.

If there's world downtime, it's not a hotfix!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Lillola Lorekeeper

Many of the collectibles I have collected are not showing up as being collected in the Achievements window. This is happening on several characters.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well. That is not what I see right now (as I am writing this), on bristlebane. There are only 18 in zone and they are all above ground.
    Do you have more information?
  12. Thrillho Augur

On Xegony, as of 2:33 PM EST, this has all deranged golems underground. Not sure how many are under there as I don't have track. Happens any time I go to this spot, only takes about 10 minutes.

I can ruin this for you if you want to watch, Ngreth -- Thrillhouse on Xegony.
  13. Thrillho Augur

Typos:

Item: Subterranean Rabbit Cage, clicking it has an emote that says something like "the rabbit sees it's shadow" - it's should be its.

Kor-Sha: Assault on Atrebe, Atrebe Sathir raid event emote: "A sphere of flame erupts where the fabric of reality is weak and begins to grow. It's power breaks the rift bubble." - it's should be its, again.
  14. Prathun Developer

Fixed both. Thanks!
  15. Gizmotcbc7 New Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but LDON's just opened up on Phinny. Is this intended or a bug??? 2 months early

<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The barrier to the Lost Dungeons of Norrath has been breached. Make haste, many new and exciting adventures await you in these foreign lands!

Nevermind, go ahead and remove this post. You guys are on top of it ; ).
  16. Lillola Lorekeeper

PLEASE fix the issue with collectibles not showing up as collected in the Achievements window. One of my characters just collected 5 items, zoned twice, and they don't show as collected.
  17. Lillola Lorekeeper

Hope this is on the agenda for today's downtime.
  18. Moege Augur

Try this: select a different expansions collectable/hunter/whatever then the the one you actually want, no need to zone. This way it always worked for me. Trick seems to force the collection window to be just the achievement name and then expand it again.
  19. Lillola Lorekeeper

Nope, not working. Many posts about the same issue on Live servers. If a full set of collectibles had been completed those are just fine. It's the ones where there's only a few collected that are unchecking after zoning. When finding another one that had been previously collected (and became unchecked) it indicates that it has not been collected. Very frustrating for those of us who spend hours finding that rare collectible in a set and having them all unchecked because a few others are not collected yet.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The problem is fixed on live. I have no ETA for Test, but I let the Code team know. As indicated in another thread, Test is on a different timetable than live and is often in a different state.