Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

This
  2. Vdidar Augur

This might be the worst take yet
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Might be, sir, but for every 1 buthead tank, there will be 99 really cool dudes tanking away, some of my RL friends played fantastic tanks. I think the debate in itself brings forth certain small segments, and we all need to think what is best for the game and for all players :). The debate gets heated, that is only natural, we are only human after all :).

Milliana does not speak for tanks, as some tanks very sharply point out. Also, he is about to reroll (as he claimed somewhat dramatically in the Tanks subforum).
  4. fransisco Augur

You are correct Iblis. I did not mean to say all tanks are unable to view facts or reality. I simply meant that the worst offenders all seem to be tanks (And are all represented in this thread).
  5. p2aa Augur

OK, here is a parse from Droga raid.
    I'm a raiding warrior using a raid TBM 2H, and I was in a tank group. This is Incarnate Droga last mob parse only. I stayed on the boss mob the whole time, and didn't switch to adds upper stairs to kill once in a while during the fight

/GU The Incarnate Droga in 444s, 856405k @1928840sdps --- #13 Warrior 27306k@61499sdps (62058dps in 440s) [3,19%]

Here is my spell log, so you can check I used nearly all the DPS warrior tools in this fight (you can compare to Fintank spell log and you will find the same warrior tools). Defensive /Evasive disc is the same code for the Offensive Disc, gamparse doesn't make the difference it seems.

The Incarnate Droga

Warrior - 114
    --- Banestrike - 6
    --- Battle Leap VIII - 1
    --- Brace For Impact IX - 1
    --- Brutal Onslaught Disc - 1
    --- Defensive / Evasive disc ended - 1
    --- Flash of Anger - 1
    --- Gut Punch XI - 15
    --- Heroic Blade III - 1
    --- Infusion of Rage XIX - 34
    --- Intensity of the Resolute - 1
    --- Knee Strike XI - 9
    --- Levitation - 1
    --- Lion's Roar 6 - 35
    --- Mighty Strike Disc - 1
    --- Rage of Rallos Zek - 1
    --- Rampage IV - 2
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 1
    --- Received Black Wolf - 1
    --- Second Spire of the Warlord IV - 1
    --- Tendon Slice - 1
    --- Weapon Affinity Disc - 1

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.7
  6. Cicelee Augur

440 seconds on Incarnate Droga?!?!?!?! The halfling!
    Sheex, sojero and Sancus like this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

LOL he intentionally left out any mass adds to ramp with/on, and didn't do a combined. Also you can see by dps that his guild is low dps. P you may want to quit while your ahead.......if you have ever been ahead.

Just cause you cannot do something or your guild cannot, doesn't mean it cannot be done. EQ should never be tuned around the lowest common denominator, but again, i don't believe it should be around the top 5% either.
  8. Lubianx Augur

I was not going to post on this thread but this pretty much is the crux of balancing. Where do we balance it all. You say don't use the lowest common denominator and not use the top 5%.

I would suggest that p2aa (even though I do disagree which quite a bit he says) is probably a lot higher than the average tank. Even if he was say the top 10% or even top 15%, are you saying that the tuning should be above him? What does that do for the remaining 85%/90% of the player base?
    Ghubuk likes this.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

I personally think they should take the best possible group for grinding for each class and base it off that. Not off of special groups. casters in group with chanter tank druid. Melee with bard shm tank rng bst zerk. sub out one for each other class.

Then they can make the raids based off that because they would be doing higher because of group makeup in raids, but raids are harder, so you have to make the groups like they are.
  10. Millianna Augur

Gotcha... Thanks for pointing out what actually needs a nerf.
  11. Fintank Augur

Yup, Rampage is what needs to be nerfed. Because the relatively new OP AA's don't amplify it at all. There's just no way that Rampage can be amplified by anything AA wise right? So let's nerf an aa that was put in game in Kunark (I think, I know it's old as balls but not 100% sure when it was in game).

For any people who don't know, Rampage is 4 hits from primary hand to all surrounding mobs. Before Warlord's Weapon Mastery under full discs to 4-5 mobs Rampage was doing around 700k TOTAL damage if that just for reference. Now it does like 700k damage per mob, and that might be lowballing it. The 2-Handed Proficiency Stance is fine, the Weapon Mastery AA's need to go. Hell give some ranks of that to Bards and Monks to alleviate the thorough boning they have received these last few years.
  12. Triconix Augur

Playing devil's advocate right now:

If one button press on a mass group of mobs is a major factor in warrior dps and many events have this type of mechanic found in the raids, isn't that more of a design flaw with the raids more so a design flaw with warrior dps? If a single button press every 3 minutes is such a huge portion on our dps and only when there are lots of mobs in a tightly formed group, then I'd look at other things to blame.
    Xeladom and sojero like this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

If all of the complaints amount to rampage (4 rounds of melee on every mob near us) then maybe the dps complaining need to pick up mobs faster and look at how they can play better. Or ideally just let us use it during high bokun. Apparently most of you can't handle 4 rounds of melee.
  14. Behelit Augur

Do the ppl advocating that Rampage is somehow solely responsible for inflated Warrior dps realize that Rampage is shared with Zerkers? /tinfoil hats on bros, Rampage is responsible for both being broken!

The Shaman dot revamp really just gave them Rampage too, true story.

I love when complicated problems can be solved with a single change! You'd make a great dev.
    sojero likes this.
  15. Xanathol Augur

But that is actually why the "omg warriors are sustaining 300k dps for 13 minutes!" parses were a joke - they were only possible via combined parses and using rampage. The devs could simply excluded weapon mastery, etc AAs from rampage hit calculations and all this nonsense could be put to bed.

*Edit: I don't care if it stays as is & warriors can shine in add situations - why not? It is only those with an agenda that try to take a specialized situation and use it to champion their cause as if it applied everywhere, all the time.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Give warriors a new on demand ae aggro toy that is better, I bet ya most warriors won't care if rampage goes away if that's the issue. Note, on demand is a key there.
  17. p2aa Augur

Just looked again and this was a raid of 40 players this day. It was a low attendance day
  18. p2aa Augur

I'm not waiting to be number 1 on my parse to post it on these boards, like your warrior friends are doing sorry. I'm sure they are still working hard every raid to inflate the most possible their parses, and wait to end number 1 before posting on these boards.

What is this sneaky comment ? I know how to burn with a warrior. Look at the discs I used.
    Well you don't know what are warrior DPS disc tools, but get an idea before posting my skill sucks.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

To the first point, I was joking around, but it seems many on the forums didn't get that.

As to the second, I wasn't talking about your skill playing a warrior.......
    Xanathol likes this.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

*Giggles like a girl*