Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Warpeace Augur

So when will the pitchforks and torches come out against Zerker and Sham DPS? I'm guessing as soon as this thread gets locked.
  2. RangerGuy Augur

I play an alt EoK group geared sk who very easily does dps class level dps while tanking just fine in 2h stance.
  3. Kunon Augur

Realistically, given where tanks (Warrior/SK/Pally) are at and Priest (Shaman/Druid) Zerkers are the only DPS that actually is about right. Even then, when Warriors and Shaman are allowed to go full DPS mode with ADPS Zerkers are probably still too low compared to them. That is how far off balance is right now.

Edit: As insane and sarcastic as it is. If warriors/priests with aDPS in DPS mode can (and are) sustaining 300K, then in terms of balance you'd probably expect actual DPS classes who can't heal and/or tank like priests/tanks to be in the 500K range. Which is just crazy.
  4. Warpeace Augur

That's funny considering how broken Zerker dps actually is.
  5. Seldom Augur

Berserker DPS isn't broken if tank and priest current DPS levels are as intended. Berserker level achievable DPS is what the other main DPS classes are going to need to dish out in order to make things level playing field if things remain as is. Which is why it's so ridiculous to be defending current class balance issues. Better to scale things down than to boost everyone else up to equally absurd levels. Berserker main and only role is DPS. They should be head and shoulders above the rest at their role like tanks are at "tanking" etc etc.
  6. Minato Augur

Can you tell me what my role as a monk is on a raid? why are zerks tripling or more my dps? this argument is falling on deaf ears for most dps classes anymore (with monks offering NOTHING else) because that is almost everyones only job minus rangers
    Valik likes this.
  7. Millianna Augur

Anyone can tank or take hits provided proper group support. I have seen an 85 heroic druid tank a gribbles HA with a 105. The only issue is hate. So it's not surprising to see a tank, tanking current content with 2hs. I honestly don't see the problem here.What good does removing the stance do? The only players it hurts is molo. So let's nerf something for the sake of nerfing. Let's nerf something that's primarily a raid problem, that won't fix the raid problem, so that we can stick it to someone that doesn't have the proper group support to do anything reasonable.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Apparently that's not a problem because your not a tank. Take a number and after the nerf tanks crusade is finished someone will be there to bend you over...err help you.
  9. Seldom Augur

Minato, what in the world are you talking? Read slower, you're making "mostly" the exact same point as I did.
  10. Minato Augur

Sorry i wont derail this thread i read more into that, that other classes dont need boost just classes need nerfs and i can assure you some classes do need boost badly.

Again my bad ill leave this thread alone ive realized i can get worked up and derail things pretty easy
    Seldom likes this.
  11. Xanathol Augur

This thread is like a false news report, with a select few taking turns playing the part of Brian Williams. "There I was, when warriors regularly quadrupled everyone's dps with just bash, all while forming their own heal chain. The monks could not even harm the mobs. The mage pets were so weak they died from their own buff spells. The shaman doubled the warriors' dps, but we were ok with that. I was there. I saw it all."
    Thancra likes this.
  12. Seldom Augur

Lol all good Minato. Easy to get upset over class balance issues when you're on the short end of the stick. I've been there before. I sincerely feel bad for monks and hope they get some much needed boosts soon. One of my favorite monks retired little bit ago and current class balance issues definitely didn't help with convincing him to stick around. Especially isn't nice when you got the ridiculous folks on the forums claiming balance is perfectly fine and you must be a bad monk if getting out DPSed by classes that shouldn't be able to do so
    Minato likes this.
  13. Valik New Member

you sir, are my hero
  14. Igniz Augur

Xanathol is Trump's speech writer? Though he did a formal mistake, he called it "false news report" instead of "fake news" ... he'll still learn it, though. Honestly, everything Xanathol writes, I read out loud with my best Trump voice imitation, makes it A LOT easier to bear!
    Vrinda and fransisco like this.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Rofl
  16. Millianna Augur

Every raid needs a cameraman - so they can post teh l33tne55 on YouTube. Monks fill this role perfectly.
  17. Vdidar Augur

Man the dumb just won't stop. It is mostly the same two but there are a few others who keep making appearances as well.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. frankie78227 Augur

Well they certainly haven't been able to accomplish it thus far. There are plenty of things they can find to do, to improve the game, without nerfing classes at the whim of the vocal minority.
  19. Angahran Augur

To the OP:
    If you think that YOUR dps is too high then there si an easy fix. Before you go out to kill anything simply place all of your armor and weapons in the bank. Now you dps will be substantially reduced and you can go out and have fun.

Please stop asking for others to be nerfed based solely on your opinion of what they should or should not be able to do.
  20. fransisco Augur

I have noticed, not just in this thread but this forum, that the biggest reality ignoring classes tend to be tanks