Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Fohpo Augur

Pot, I would like you to meet kettle.

I find it ironic that you're claiming tanks are broken to the point where they need to be fixed but zerkers being broken is within "acceptable" range or somehow intended. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but while they may have been intended to be no.1 dps - I can't imagine that they were intending them to be 2-3x no.2, let alone that it is supposedly within the "realm of intended."

For the record, yes I think other DPS classes could use some serious love and no I don't believe that they should be above any dps/hybrid class. But I also think that to take away tanks damage at this point, like someone else mentioned, would hurt a number of guilds/casuals that are come to rely on it this expansion. I think the better approach would be to up numbers for dps classes, and if needed, up HP pools for HAs, raids, etc, to make up for the rapid influx of damage.
  2. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

That's because he knows they received none of the benefits he claims were required to beat him. It completely goes against his arguments so he selectively left them out.
  3. Taein_Brell New Member

Sphynx >All!
  4. Millianna Augur

I was trying search for any useful post by Maedhros, but the search returned an ID10T error next to his name.
  5. Behelit Augur

I think you completely missed my point, or are intentionally pretending to misunderstand it.

A tank trying to justify their dps by pointing out a dps class doing too much dps, doesn't make sense they aren't equivalent in the same way it would be if a tank was trying to justify their tanking ability by pointing out a dps class doing too much dps.

The point being, most would agree classes have primary roles. Trying to justify your secondary role by comparing it to a situation with another class in its primary role is clearly an indication that you're grasping at straws and trying anything to divert attention from yourself.

Perhaps you missed where I openly admitted that Zerkers are doing too much dps (they being the dps class that does too much in the previous post you quoted). That said it isnt on the order of x2-3 everyother class, thats just hyperbole. Wizards/Necros (Tanks in dps grps, and now Shamans) can all come within 75% of a Zerkers parse on several of the EoK events. And that doesnt in anyway make it ok for Tanks or Priests to be parsing like they are, unless somehow this is all intended and by the end of EoK all the other classes get boosted (which again I dont see happening).
    Turayalon, Vdidar and fransisco like this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

I just think it's ridiculous that people come here screaming for nerfs and cherry pick their arguments. If you're going to call for nerfs, do it on everything that is overpowered, imbalanced, or the like - not selectively target some while saying others are within the "realm of intended." (Which made it sound as though zerkers being overpowered is okay, but tanks being overpowered in your opinion is not)

What I would really hope, is that people stop with the nerf train and instead look to bring the rest of the classes up. It makes for healthier gameplay, a better community, and doesn't disproportionately punish one part of the community (in this case, groupers or casual guilds). Whether we like it or not, a lot of people are dependent on knights and warriors right now. There are several threads right now that are discussing bards or monks, with other classes that are also in need of love, yet this one is getting most of the attention. Realistically, if other DPS were brought up to be within 10% of zerkers, most guilds who are serious about progression wouldn't consider putting tanks in ADPS groups and this would become a much less worrisome problem. Like others have point out though, ADPS scales with certain classes (hello tanks and zerkers) and therefore, makes them strong.

Putting an end to unintended gameplay, creative use of mechanics, or whatever else you would like to call it just hurts the game as a whole and pushes people to quitting.
  7. Murphy Elder

I think the discussion have become too raider-centric. There are more nuances to EQ than just that which flows back from the WOW-esque dps app that has contaminated EQ (from the darkest bowels of WOW)
  8. Behelit Augur

Tanks being overpowered at tanking (which they are) is in the realm of intended. There's far less outrage over defensive proficency than there is over 2h proficency and the dps that comes with it, as thats not a tank's primary function.

Mixing other issues into it, just is a mess of logic. But again I'm not in anyway saying Zerkers are doing an appropriate level of dps, but bringing them into the tank discussion is just misdirection.
    Vrinda and fransisco like this.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

I'm sorry sir, I guess you didn't get the memo.

Memo
    Logic has no place in this thread!
    Belexes and fransisco like this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Wrong

Currently, most the community is being punished due to the fact that tanks are overshadowing their main focus.
    Nerf 3 classes, or buff 9? Which makes more sense?

Its certainly not changing how EVERY DPS class in the game works so that tanks can keep thier overpowered dps.
    ALL tanks need to have their dps cut at least by 50%.
    Removing all stances wouldn't even be enough. That's only what, 30%?
    In equal environments (adps ect) tanks should be incapable of matching any dps class.
    Otherwise, dps classes need to start getting disciplines like final stand.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

I am up for nerfing all classes and buffing all npc's. It makes for a harder which in my opinion a better game. If there was a tier in the group game that was so hard it was almost like a hybrid in between raiding and group game, I think that would be a neat concept. I guess PoWar 2.0 but better implemented? I don't know.
    IblisTheMage and Grissa like this.
  12. p2aa Augur

Priests are overshadowing their main focus. In your little fantasy world, it will end with Priest DPS > DPS Classes > Tank DPS. Yes it doesn't make sense at all.

Not after mage pets have seen their pet mitigation reduced by 80 % and mage personal DPS been reduced by 90 %.
    You troll with your stupid numbers who are non sense, I do the same.
    Note that I have nothing against mages, if francisco was playing another class I would replace mage by the class he plays.
  13. Millianna Augur

Raiders are the most greedy bunch of players in all of the eq community. Even more than bots. All they care about is themselves and don't care how much development time they waste with their ridiculous requests. People say TLP takes away from live, but in same way raiders take away from the rest of community.
    Murphy likes this.
  14. fransisco Augur

do you even read what is posted?
    This post has nothing to do with shaman dots. TANKS are doing to much damage. New priest dots don't change that.
  15. fransisco Augur

/boggle
    I have not raided in 10 years? And its obvious to me as a grouper that tanks are overpowered.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Aren't you about due for your next main swap to the newest flavor of the month class? (From your "time to rerollol!" thread it seems like you're at least considering it...I hear shm and zerks are great!)

Because pretty much everything you post shows you have no basic understanding of playing a shadowknight at any level, so it'd be cool if you'd go ahead and move on to the next flavor. That way, you can misrepresent for that group instead of ours with that constant, ridiculous spew of postvomit you seem to be so fond of.

Thx <3
    IblisTheMage, Kravn, Vdidar and 5 others like this.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

He plays a chanter, one of the other OP classes :) diversion tactics, quit derailing the amusemnet.
    Brohg likes this.
  18. Kunon Augur

No one is working harder to get their classes nerfed in this thread than P2AA and Millianna with their nonsense. It is almost comical that other people from their own classes are willing to make videos and offer up parses that will get themselves nerfed just to shut them up and prove how wrong and clueless they are.
    Turayalon, Vdidar and Belexes like this.
  19. Millianna Augur

Nice to see you trolling err posting on this thread. Have you gotten out of mom's and dads basement yet?
  20. Behelit Augur

Zerker/Ench/Necro/SK here and I have a Shaman on loan from a buddy until the Necro dot revamp hits...

don't hate the playa
    Bamkan and Chaosflux like this.