PSA on Velks camps

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Velks PSA Update:

I'm leveling up a bard.

Because you cry a lot and are clearly not good at this game, I plan to indulge in "FRENT" xp.

Enjoy while you can.

Please ensure there are tears left for me by the time I get there.

TIA

/hugs
  2. Zeklia Lorekeeper

how is it "illegal" to cancel magic a charmed pet but perfectly fine to memblur mobs?
  3. Astley Augur

Memblur to KS a mob is a violation. Players can and have been banned for this.
  4. Draekon Elder

Seems absurd that you cant memblur peoples kills to KS.. I mean they blocked it on bosses but non raid bosses? why not.

Dispelling someones pet is griefing that leads to death. No different than training if you ask me.
  5. Astley Augur

Not absurd at all. They've established that DPS race is the only rule of engagement to who has rights to a mob.

If you use a tactic to negate someone else's already achieved win condition of hitting 51% of the mob damage, then you are effectively exploiting.
    Illusory likes this.
  6. Mowens Elder

Agreed. Mem blurring to win a dps race that you can't win otherwise is dirty, and shows that you can't compete without needing to use slimy tactics.
  7. taliefer Augur

ive never heard of anyone being banned for memblurring a mob
  8. Illusory Augur

The 'blur' line of spells and songs were not designed for the ill-intent. Using a blur spell to wipe the aggro and damage dealt is cheating your way to victory. It's just as grimy as training unsuspecting players or dispelling a charm pet mid fight. In short all 3 are cheap tactics used by dirty players.

Also, there is no such thing as kill stealing in EQ - not from an official stand point. It's a term players came up with that couldn't compete in damage dealt races.
  9. taliefer Augur

"DPS races" themselves are absurd, theres no such thing as dirty tactics when the term "DPS race" is just the polite way of saying killsteal, which used to be against the rules, but is no longer the case.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  10. Astley Augur

There were some players using it to KS Praesertums during Luclin and then selling MQs for the drops. It blew up on the forums here a bit, and they disappeared from the game for awhile.
  11. taliefer Augur

its possible, but i know people that did this too, and they are still around and never had any suspicious time off. if they do enforce it, i suspect its like most decisions made: determined by wherever the dart lands
  12. Illusory Augur

I don't know what you're talking about.

EQ classic through PoP was always Free for all and servers were left to govern themselves. It was cut throat back in the day and that's what made EQ a great, rewarding, and a classic MMORPG. Again, GMs only stepped in when guilds used exploitative tactics and most servers eventually setup a rotation system to work around the FFA nature.

You have to remember that back in the day there were only 1-3 guilds competing for server firsts and maybe 4-6 guilds capable of beating the expansion thereafter.
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Don't like the way I play a game so you attack using personal information about the past of my real life family? Glad my kid could experience domestic issues with his parents so you could get your petty internet dig at me.

Is that more of a reflection of my personal character or yours, hero?
  14. taliefer Augur

you had a wildly different classic - PoP experience than i did.

while sure there were occurances of "dps racing", killstealing was actively policed and GM intervention was the norm, not the exception. and any rotations set up generally had the support of the GMs to enforce it.
  15. Machen New Member

Not true. From the original EQ Play Nice Policy (2002):

Kill Stealing

Kill Stealing will now be regarded as disruption and will result in disciplinary action when witnessed by any EverQuest Customer Service Representative (EQCSR). The EQCSR will review these situations on an individual basis and issue a decision which is considered binding upon all parties involved. Kill Stealing is defined as the killing of a mob for any reason that is already fighting or pursuing another player or group.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I previously thought CoC members were pretty nice. I guess you have bad apples, too.
  17. Astley Augur

I previously thought you could understand sarcasm. ;0)
  18. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Sure. Because all I have is time to go around griefing whiny people that are too dense to adapt to the new (not so new anymore) rendition of the PNP.

Man, you people are something else.
  19. Bewts Augur

Even with old school PnP, VL was a war zone.

I don't know what game you thought you were playing, but this utopian ideal didn't exist in 1999 and it certain doesn't now.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

The leveling a bard and training part was clearly sarcasm. The rest was just being an .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.