[WAR] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucoh Augur

Suggest a clicky version of:
    http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?name=warrior's bulwark&class=Warrior

But with more total damage and less damage threshold. ex: 40% off hits greater than 10k, with a total damage of 800k.
  2. Brohg Augur

Tucoh is bad, thresholds starting at 20k is almost too low already for raiding. It's fine since that's about the right number for group content, but we SURE don't want it lower.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I agree that the Fortitude focus is too important to lose, but it has been our breastplate focus for so long that it ought to be inherent to the class. If it was moved to an AA and replaced with something else, I'd like to see something new. A defensive option would be a mod to Flash of Anger as Brohg mentioned, but I'm not sure how to handle a difference between group and raid BP the same way as was done for Fortitude. Two extra ticks of Flash for raid level BP seems excessive, and reducing cooldown is already handled via an AA line. An offensive option could be extending Brutal Onslaught or Mighty/Fellstrike (I know Fellstrike would be a return of something old since it's on the Anguish BP, but giving tanks more DPS has been a new trend).

I like the clicky ideas for the offensive proc buff using skill attacks (Bladestorm) and the defensive proc buff for threshold runes. The endurance aura is an interesting idea, and is Warrior thematic, but I don't like it as much as the other stuff and I think endurance recovery/generation should probably be addressed in some other way.
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

At 20k threshold it has only situational use in the group game, but i dont mind the bp clicky being geared toward raiders amd having a higher threshold.

Especially since this bp will probably be in a future expansion where mobs will hit harder.
  5. Triconix Augur

Or like make one clicky version for the group bp and one for the raid bp.

Not many group mobs hit consistently over 20k so lowering the threshold isn't a terrible idea for group BPs.

Just make the threshold higher in raid situations and done.

You don't have to go calling people bad. Doesn't accomplish anything.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

well, we do make a group and raid version of the click on BP's so if for the group version the threshold of 10k is better, (just tossing out a fast number... not a final number, this is just for conversation... it would take some actual time on research for a real number - so 15k 12.5k... whatever we decide) then it can be different between group and raid. And raid can be 25k or 30k if that is better. The total amount covered will definitely be different so there is no reason the threshold cannot also be different.
    Brohg and Janakin like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I think thatd be perfect and could see warriors who have both making decisions on which to use in group and raid settings. (Assuming the total amount mitigated isnt too different between them).
    Janakin likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I get that devs were trying to copy previous gear sets, but it's funny to have the first BP released after this thread have an effect of a totally worthless 15second cast time 8k heal.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128710

It's extra-goofy because a sensible clicky effect that matched the old Cobalt BP would be an endurance boost. An instant cast effect that matches the Kiss of Erollisi Marr with a 10m cooldown (or whatever) would be great and very invigorating.
    Behelit likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

I'm pretty done with BP clickies. They're not allowed to be good, so forget em, move on. Not even sad
    fransisco likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

That BP is so bad it's not even funny. I've been hoarding DKP for awhile now in anticipation for some cool once-a-year loot to get and now I've found out I've completely wasted my time and could've just blew my dkp on the same generic junk I see every week.

C'est la vie.
  11. Xorsazis Augur

The funny thing is, they could have looked up how many times Inner Rejuvenation has been cast since it's inception and seen how this would have went.

Make it insta-cast and I would consider it slightly useful. Otherwise, change it from HP to END.
  12. Fintank Augur

But guys we can cast it during Fortitude! I give the Cobalt BP a 11/10 would bang!
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

As others have said Fortitude focus (even though i myself would still prefer it to be Furious) needs to stay, one way or another.
    Better another, as in: make it an item-click (so people can farm the BP off older content and get it) or "special" AA or similar.

Whatever the actual click will be:
    I've never used kick/bash, except to test it.
    CoA click... sure why not.

The important thing to me though:
    Stacking, as others have said!
  14. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Easy Add +% agro modifier effects and +% riposte skill modifier like we use to get with breastplate such as from OOW.
  15. Lianeb Augur

Are you even wearing a tank mask bro?
  16. Kassus New Member

Warriors have innate criticals, but are also suppose to be defensive. It would be nice to have a clicky that for the duration would add a rune on the criticals. Set it to a number of charges. This would give us back a version of runes that would be useful and get away from SpA 162.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So it looks like WAR Fortitude Discipline Duration 2 for Focus.
    Click - a proc or deff proc threshold rune, or a bladestorm LIKE effect. (it would not be exactly that for multiple reasons)
  18. Tucoh Augur

Sounds great! The defensive proc threshold rune should stack with the SPA162 runes (Pain Doesn't Hurt, Brace for Impact, Wurmslayer etc) and be a nice complement to our current defensive ability lineup.

If you go with a bladestorm like effect (DD + some hit damage bonus) it'd have to be tuned to pretty high numbers to be noticed amid the sea of the ~150k sustained auto-attack DPS that warriors put out.
  19. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Look forward to see the new bp effects! (If stacking right) Sounds promising.

As for the 150k sustained “auto-attack” (meaning nothing but simply turning on attack right?) dps comment, I don’t know where you are getting your numbers from but that’s not even remotely accurate from all the parses I’ve ever seen. It’s substaintially less than that. But if you are achieving those results you are welcome to share how turning on auto attack made this happen for you without using a 2hand weapon that is at least twice the ratio currently available in game. And since you mentioned sustained, I’m expecting you mean hitting a target for a good long while and not a one shot hit kill or something. *boggle*
  20. Tucoh Augur

For Ngreth's sake, I don't want to derail this thread, so I'll answer here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258/page-4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.