Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Riou EQResource

No they don't

No they don't, at least not offhand without a decent amount of time to research it

If they knew either of those things balance wouldn't be where it is currently, more broken then at any time in EverQuest's entire history.
  2. p2aa Augur

No it's not dumb. It's what happens in 99 % of raiding guilds, tanks are in tanks groups, and DPS are in DPS groups

That's right,when they tank they don't DPS. They use a defensive stance with a shield.

I'm not sure you should have spoken of "intelligence". Because you are probably one of them that lacks of it the most on this board. For example, it's always fun or pathetic, you choose, to read on these boards how at each expansion you shout at guilds that have beaten you serverwide complaining they had an advantage on you and trying to downplaying their performance because you were unable to do better than them.
  3. Bamkan Augur

You know you are posting in a NERF TANK thread.

You partner plays a berserker, and you are posting a tank nerf thread that TANKS are overpowered !!...o m f g.

[IMG]

Hey - I'm sure as you are cosy with the dev's that you are telling them all about the Berserkers....this is why 4months after we still have SS able to stack, still able to dicho 24mil HP's due to quadripling effects.....oh right

Tanks are overpowered...lol. !
  4. Drogba Augur

*pushes you over* ..mine!
    Bamkan likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

Berserkers are broken and need fixed too (been saying this since TBM when they first broke and doubled next best classes burn :p), never being fixed is part of why game balance is in a terrible state atm (and Shaman post patch push this even further)

This is the Tank only mentioned thread though who are also broken :p
    Gyurika Godofwar and fransisco like this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

If we really want an idea of why balance is out of whack, go look at the EQ2 forums and realize that it seems pretty problematic for DBG titles in general.
  7. fransisco Augur

wow, bamkan, natal, p2aa,:
    the alt news tanks are out in force
    Bamkan and Coronay like this.
  8. Maedhros High King

1. Yes thats exactly correct, if a good tank in nearly any raid force is put in a good adps group they will be among the top parses without question. It was already demonstrated that a good tank in ROI was able to do very high dps in a good adps group and compete with their elite dps players, and if its possible to be done there its possible anywhere.

2. If you think the devs have been spending a ton of time parsing the potential dps output of every class and meticulously balancing everything exactly as they want it to be, then I have some beach front property in North Dakota to sell you.

3. Thats a great question. I'm Zak's guild leader. Yes he is elite, yes he was beating elite melee and caster dps on parses when I throw him in adps groups when I dont need his tanking. No not all of my dps players are elite, but that doesnt make tank dps any less OP right now.

4. If you have been raiding on a warrior for 10 years and havent seen any on warriors on top of a parse, I guess we can just close this whole discussion down, Natal has spoken.
    IblisTheMage and fransisco like this.
  9. Maedhros High King

My guild ended up 7th, 10 days out of the top 5.
    It would have been tough to beat the likes of ROI, CT, MS, ROV, and Triton even if the ball field was level.
    If you believe that being granted flags directly to T2 or T3 raids without having to flag to get there, and being able to learn and beat those events in BETA is in no way any advantage, then we can add one more post of yours to the unintelligent side.

Not sure what this has to do with tanks though, so lets get back on topic tough guy.
    Bamkan and fransisco like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I feel pretty op as a group geared warrior.

Id feel comfortable being asked to out dps any similarily geared dps class except berserkers while tanking or not tanking any group content except a few tough named. To me that means something has gone horribly wrong.
    Belexes and fransisco like this.
  11. Pwning Lorekeeper

Wow...now I remember why I don't read these boards. I think this thread just gave me autism. Bring back thesteelwarrior so we can weed out the posts and let the adults talk....
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Razorfall Augur

Dunno about warriors but knight DPS is fine. It can even use a small buff TBH.
    Bamkan likes this.
  13. Valik New Member

Wtb monks elite dps guide for dummies! In all honesty though like Maedhros says, Zak is an elite warrior and given the right situations shines. Alot of the dps classes are also elite, some are good and still learning. I dont consider myself elite or know how others judge me at my playstyle of my class but thats besides the point. Put in the same group as Zak, he easily parses higher then me, some times by a considerable amount. As stated by many others already, ADPS is not the problem, as it would decrease the dps of every , not just the knights/warrs, and the same issue would persist, just with lower parses from every class involved. The gap between pure melee and tanks woukd still be the same. I havent played a war since likley 2001, and onlybhave a gimoy half raud geared SK alt currently, soni cant speak on exactly how to remedy the issue. But one thing for sure is that ADPS is not the problem.
    Coronay likes this.
  14. Belexes ForumQuester

That's because you push more buttons than just auto attack against all mobs, not just the named ones. :p

Save those buttons for a rainy day! :rolleyes:
    Tucoh and fransisco like this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Have any warriors post their parses with out any buffs .. with out any ADPS anything .. on a Combat dummy (because everyone knows tanking a mob can add upwards of 30-40% more dps for a warrior) And lets see what that parse is over a 1500 sec fight.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

Lol

Not sure which Knight class you play, but both are incredibly powerful DPS, if you weren't being sarcastic, you may need to spend some time in front of a parse dummy.

Or bandolier in a relevant 2hander and /attack on.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Fohpo Augur

To be fair, "powerful" is a pretty relative term. I'm not a zerker yet so I'm inclined to agree with him.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
  19. Behelit Augur

At least Zerkers "brokeness" is in the realm of intended, we're a DPS class that does too much DPS... you're a Tank doing to much DPS. Keep trying to justify that by pointing at Zerkers, please its amusing.

And 24mil dicho? uh-uh. Dicho hit 6 times without Cheetah, 12 with Cheetah and is capped at ~750k per hit or ~915k with funeral dirge running, so thats 12x 915k or 10.98 mil at the absolute most. But you over doubling this number is somehow facts?

Tanks and Shaman overpowered, Zerkers just trying to hang in there with all the brokenness.

Meanwhile wait a month and SK/Necro dot revamp will have all the nerf-heat on them...
    fransisco likes this.
  20. Taein_Brell New Member

No mention of SR in the guild naming? sigh!