Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

There we go again using the word TANKs. Replace with the word WAR. It's AoE ability that is causing any bump DPS. Common sense says to tune that first.
  2. Seldom Augur

Just to reiterate some basic common sense that has escaped a few folks in this thread. Tanks role is to tank. The three tank classes in game are head and shoulders above ALL other classes in the category of "tanking". As long as that remains the case, it is not and will not be balanced for them to do DPS class levels of damage no matter how many times you try to justify it. The sheer level of hypocrisy in threads such as these is beyond hilarious. When the shoe was "somewhat" on the other foot but not even at this extreme there was tears of ALL WE CAN DO IS TANK, THAT IS OUR ROLE! Put the shoe on the other foot and "pretend" you guys care about balance as you did in those times
  3. Fohpo Augur

Because WoW is terribly balanced right now :rolleyes:
  4. Riou EQResource

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/#aggregate=amount&dataset=100

Where is the #1 DPS being 2x more than the #2. Where is the healer being almost equal to the #1 DPS, or the Tanks beating half the DPS :p

The Best DPS class+spec and the Worst DPS class+spec are within 20% of each other, the closest tanks are around 50% of the Worst DPS class+spec and the healers are around half of the tanks!

Seems pretty good to me :D
  5. Bloodmoons New Member

can we move on yet.....;)
  6. p2aa Augur

I'm sure that there are many competitive guilds that will take the melee DPS that are sit out by warriors.
    And that consider that raid is not only a min/max thing only based on the flavor of the month classes.

How would I feel if wizards or class labeled as DPS class would receive a big DPS boost ?
    I would feel ok, because it's their primary job.
  7. p2aa Augur

This thread had disappeared of the top posts in this forum, but guess who bumped it ? Drogbaa
    I still wonder why the moderators haven't closed this thread yet, like they did for his first thread.
  8. Fohpo Augur

Tank class dps actually varies quite a bit, and it's a game where when tank classes are specced (in dps mode/stance) to dps, can certainly out dps most pure dps classes. Just saying that if you want to draw the comparison of EQ to WoW, the entire class role argument goes out the window. (4 of the top 5 in your link are classes that can fulfill multiple roles, mage being 5th is the only pure dps class in top 5)
  9. Zamiam Augur

shouldnt this be in the tank forums ?
  10. Lianeb Augur

Why is the sky always falling ing this game.

Warriors got pretty much the same boost as everyone else in this expansion with one exception, and berserkers got that boost also. All the devs have have to do is dial that back.

Warriors believe it or not have always done well with adps this not news. About 80% of their dmg comes from autoattack why would adps not increase them dramatically .
  11. Millianna Augur

The expansion should have been a level change. Hard to dial it back st this point.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Sliders Journeyman

Just code it so that every time a tank outparses a dps class, giant platinum coins that only melee dps can pick up and use as plat just start flying out of the tank. That could be funny. Do that for every instance where a class has a staple that defines them, and another class that doesn't share that staple is outdoing them in it.
  13. Zalamyr Augur

Nah.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Out, out, call for nerfs! Trolls are but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Just saying... less nerf talk more ummm improve "insert your favorite class here> talk.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You may wish to consult with dis guy:
    [IMG]

This whole "everyday-raid-group-with-no-meaningful-adps-only or it doesn't count" line of thinking is really quite dumb. On the flip side:

Very well said, Zala. Your rationality and logic seems misplaced in the tire fire of this thread!
    Vdidar and Sancus like this.
  16. Sindaiann Augur

Close this crap down. 15 pages of garbage
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sheex and Zamiam like this.
  17. Zamiam Augur

^^ This Please
  18. Forcallen Augur

If they shut down my daily reading then I will cancel my 15 box accounts and walk!
    Janakin, sojero and Sancus like this.
  19. Kunon Augur

They don't like tanks being able to out DPS them period. I wonder what you would be saying if a Wizard in a tank group was better at tanking than the Tanks, but 99% of guild didn't use them that way yet. Given how bent tanks got when comparing pet mitigation to their own a couple years ago I could only imagine. BUT, that would be different because tanks tank and can't DPS right?

Edit: As for the healers. Depends on the DPS class, attitude of the player, what toons they can get their hands on, and how cool the raid leader is. It could be extraordinarily entertaining and amusing. 10/10 I would will do it again.
    fransisco, Vrinda and Vdidar like this.
  20. Coronay Augur

What are you even talking about? Please go ahead and list warriors AoE abilities.