Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. p2aa Augur

Atm, I have seen some mages pissing and moaning about tanks
    Btw, what is your opinion on shaman / druid that out DPS you too ?
  2. Vdidar Augur

I'm still in shock and awe of how shamans became such great dps and there are people complaining about the cost of the dots when they can rock out 700k dps
    Mykaylla likes this.
  3. Maedhros High King

Doesnt matter how many times you say it, youre still wrong.
    IblisTheMage, Vrinda, Belexes and 3 others like this.
  4. Millianna Augur

Doesn't matter how many times you tell me I am wrong, I'm still right.
  5. Repthor Augur

Yay forum PVP
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

7. Vdidar Augur

we have a showdown!
    Edit: Its also funny because one tank is good and one is not most likely
  8. Fintank Augur

"Tank DPS at the moment is ridiculously high, specifically Warriors."

"I am not proficient enough at either Knight class to parse them correctly in this post, but they are a little too high at the moment as well but not nearly as much as Warriors."

Both lines are taken from my initial post. I'm not sure what your definition of little is but apparently it's synonymous with "oh my god nerfed into the ground". The post was mainly aimed at Warrior DPS, I added in Knights because they can beat DPS classes as well when provided with Adps, it's just not as gigantic as warriors.

Here's another parse, although it's not my best work. Lceanium raid is just a boring grind is my only excuse to use :(

Using Echo of the First Schism (Claim of the Warbringer + Black Diamond of Crippling as augs)
    Basically full Heroic Agil augs so no pumping from stacked Dexterity or Strength slot 5's.

Just Gorenaire and her spawned adds after you re-engage:

/GU Combined: A living squall in 295s, 831395k @2818288sdps --- #1 Fintank 58563k@198518sdps (199193dps in 294s) [7.04%]

Spells so you can see Adps:

Combined: A living squall on 2/19/2017
    Fintank - 175
    --- Blade Guardian IX - 1
    --- Brell's Sacred Stone Balm - 2
    --- Brutal Onslaught Disc - 1
    --- Defensive / Evasive disc ended - 1
    --- Fjilnauk's Spite II - 11
    --- Fjilnauk's Strike III - 21
    --- Flash of Anger - 1
    --- Frightful Force - 13
    --- Gut Punch XI - 14
    --- Heroic Blade III - 1
    --- Imperator's Charge III - 1
    --- Infusion of Rage XIX - 15
    --- Knee Strike XI - 12
    --- Lion's Roar 6 - 37
    --- Martial Fury - 1
    --- Martial Fury Strike - 16
    --- Mighty Strike Disc - 1
    --- Outrider's Synergy Strike I - 15
    --- Rage of Rallos Zek - 1
    --- Rampage IV - 2
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 2
    --- Received Bard Epic - 2
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 1
    --- Received Fists of Wu - 1
    --- Received Quick Time - 1
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 1
    --- Resplendent Glory VI - 1
    --- Sneering Grin III - 1
    --- Tendon Slice - 5
    --- Third Spire of the Warlord IV - 1
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.0

Tanking Log for Riposte amount:

/GU Tanking summary for: Fintank --- Total Melee --- Damage: 643751 --- Avg hit: 17882 --- Attempts: 60 --- Missed: 13/60 [21.67%] --- Hits: 47/60 [78.33%] --- Absorbed: 11/47 [23.4%] --- Real Hits: 36/60 [60%]

Apparently if you have 0 ripostes it won't show that, sorry! From memory I got agro on an add on about 3 separate occasions, each mob lasting an average of 9 seconds. Both Rampages hit a maximum of 4 mobs although unsure if I was close enough to hit Gore, count it as 4 though who cares.

Hole pokers do your thang!
    IblisTheMage, Vrinda and fransisco like this.
  9. p2aa Augur

Is Maedhros the good tank ? When he wrote this in a paladin advice thread

10. Fohpo Augur

11. Valik New Member

Maedhros is indeed a great tank and knows his class well in both group and raid settings.. dont think ive grouped with anyone to date that plays a paladin that well tbh. Put away the bottle of hate
  12. sojero One hit wonder

[IMG]
    Sheex and Valik like this.
  13. p2aa Augur

A warrior in a DPS group with 2H and full ADPS support, which 99 % of raiding guild don't do. Try again, but without being in a DPS group. Btw, the melee DPS you sit out to get warriors in DPS groups how do they like it ?
  14. Valik New Member

dps classes are not intentionally sat for tanks. If some make it in to a dps groups because theres an open spot thats another story. So far all ive seen from youvare ifs and buts.. BUT... the capability is there, should anyone want to utilize tanks that way currently, IF your tanks are adept at playing their class. I still fail to see how it is viewed as fair for that capability to exist, as it makes dps classes near irrelevant in their own specialized area? Thisbisnt kimited to tanks, but the new shaman dot update as well. If you cant reproduce the numbers, your doing somthing wrong. Because " reasons"
  15. Xanathol Augur

lol
  16. Riou EQResource

The same way they feel about healers out DPSing them, they don't, and some are getting upset enough to where they are considering quitting the game. If you are a team player you want to maximize the raid, then Warriors are going to take your DPS spot.

Having non-DPS be close to your main role, let alone their current place exceeding you by 2x+ is extremely frustrating and makes for a not fun game. If you have no place in a game what is the point in playing it?

How would tanks feel if some random class like Wizards, received 1/2-1/3 as much DPS on all mobs as they did, at all times, they would be up in arms probably trying to do another sit in :p
    Drogba, Vrinda and fransisco like this.
  17. Millianna Augur

Hello, my name is Monki. Monk DPS sux0r. Since WARs have an OP melee AoE ability that is being magnified by ADPS classes, ALL TANKS should be nerfed. My suggestion is to remove offensive and defensive stances. That will surely fix the problem.
  18. Valik New Member

Lol... i havent said monk dps sucks. Do they require attention? Yea they do. I can only speak for myself and those ive spoke to. Put the shoe on the other foot for a few, do you think it makes sense for s tank to outdmg classes whos sole purlose is to provide dps? If so i would reccomend checking out WoW maybe
  19. Riou EQResource

Now that WoW Tokens can be used as money to buy stuff in any Blizzard game, playing WoW is not a bad idea to spend free time over the terrible and unbalanced Empires of Kunark expansion :)
  20. Valik New Member

Lol. Touche