Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

It doesn't really matter what I say. Your response is "Tanks topping wizards in parses is balanced"
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Someone is still feeling the chanter nerfs.
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Millianna Augur

Most of the post on this thread are political propaganda, BS. If you're going to propose a change then fine. If you're going to make rude comments about someone than back up your post with data that is REPRESENTATIVE of the population you're describing. This thread should have been locked ages ago.
  4. fransisco Augur

Proposals:
    1. Reduce all tank dps to below bard dps. No tank should every compete with a dps class
    2. See point 1
  5. Xanathol Augur

Please do source that. If you're going to make such a claim, best be able to back it up.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I will raise you a reduce enchanter dps to below warrior (the baseline), CC, puller, and buffer class should not compete with dps class.

*I don't actually feel that way, I think reducing any class hurts the game. There should not be any reason with the way the game is going where everyone can do every thing, that we all don't do at least 80% of the other classes dps when not doing our primary job. BTW it was that way in the beginning.
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

The presented data is a representation of what a capable tank is able to produce when taking advantage of all the abilities provided to them. If you'd like to propose the game be balanced around players who don't use everything at their disposal, I'd like to put in for a 500% increase to Enchanter DPS.

As a side note, posting data in threads like these is pointless, as someone will always come up with some inane reason why it's not applicable. And frankly, at this point it hardly even matters. With DPS being completely flipped on its head mid-expansion, any changes will likely not come until the next expansion release.
    Drogba and Belexes like this.
  8. Murphy Elder

This post is a "Bard whine" with their Klingon cloaking device enabled. You still, however, can see the shimmering nuances in space around the brown stuff :D
  9. Elenaglar New Member

Okay some Stories inc:

PoP raidarea : Best DPS Wizzard Ranger Rouge Monk Warrior in loc's
    When TSS cam out Best DPS Mage Wizzard Monk Bersi Rouge Warroir in loc's
    In Solteris same as aboth
    In SOD 2010 the same, Warriors like me where often in the top 10 or maybe top 3.
    Then in my 5 years break somethink really stupid happent. Warroir needs to wear a shield, is one of the worst DPS
    And then a half year later we get this stupid thinks nearly patched away. Warrior is back Art top Dps where he was in the Most time of EQ.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Nail on the head you have hit
  11. Millianna Augur

You cannot show a trend in a population without A sample that reasonably representative of that population. What has been posted so far has been lopsided at best. Besides, the trend in the data points to a single class, not all tanks.
  12. Bamkan Augur

Lets say Zak is using Mastermind, a 35 delay 2nder.
    With 100% haste, that lowers the delay down to 17.5, which means every 1.75 sec's Zak will do a round of damage.

AE Ramp will do 4 rounds of damage. So that is 1.75 * 4 = 7secs worth of damage on a single target.

AE Ramp can be reused every 180secs.

So AE rampage accounts for X % of damage of the DPS
    1 target = 7/180 = 3.8%
    3 target = 21/180 = 11.6%
    5 target = 35/180 = 19.4%
    8 target = 56/180 = 31.1%
    10 targets = 70/180 = 38.8% of the DPS

So Zak's video starts with Menders and Soldier's. So there is a total of 8 targets.
    He is AE rampaging 8 targets under MAX disc (i.e sham epic/bst fury (+flurry/triple atk+), auspice, FE + his own personal discs)

Obviously things like HH (QT/Fury), procs are going to alter his own personal DPS, however that is going to nowhere outweigh the multiple targets of AE ramp under max conditions.

He hits AE ramp under offensive disc at about 16secs (8 targets). His second AE ramp refreshes, but he waits until the Syncho/Puppets spawn b4 hitting again while under Mighty disc (so 6 targets instead of 3).
    You should strip out the first 16seconds of the parse and do the combined for those 16 seconds.
    My guess is he'd be around 1.4mil DPS over those 16secs.

To me, A warrior is frequently these days (and in particular on this event) my highest HEALER, which i feel is a much bigger issue.
    Xanathol likes this.
  13. GoldenFrog Augur

Drogbaa has now started visiting class-specific web sites to stir up even more trouble where none existed. Even creating fake accounts to spin it up more. (Or maybe they aren't and he's inviting a bunch of 'friends' to come pile-on for him - doesn't make it better)

This brief moment of fame he has is fading and that's not okay. People may forget about this "Greatest Ever SK" if he doesn't keep speaking up.
  14. Seldom Augur

Drogbaa is coming to a bunch of "class" specific "forum(s)" to stir up mess or "one" class specific forum that has a couple of folks who keep bringing his name up negatively and he defended himself? Couldn't be the same forum that has a couple Shadowknights that bring my name up negatively as well and claim I say things which I never even have remotely insinuated lmao.
    Drogba likes this.
  15. Vdidar Augur

Tanks will piss and moan about other classes but they have no problem denying data. Reminds me of CNN.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

I think you meant to say all classes
    Drogba and Vdidar like this.
  17. Vrinda Augur

Mobs that gate and summon would hurt other classes way worse than they'd hurt tanks. Anyone who can tank eight to fifteen mobs would easily survive without heals, or with self heals, to get that mob back to the group. Or they'd just be tanked at their spawn point to begin with, and the non-gating mobs (assuming you could tell the difference and it isn't just random) would be pulled there, as well. As many dead wizards can attest, if you can't tank one mob to begin with, having it gate and summon makes the situation immensely worse.

Rather than suggesting the devs retune an entire expansion's content in their copious spare time, please come up with some innovative solution that doesn't hurt everyone else worse than it hurts tanks.

By the way, your solution also doesn't address the issue of warrior sustained dps being better than the sustained dps of many of the classes whose sole purpose in life is dps. I'm pretty sure that was Fintank's original point. He didn't suggest a nerf to tanking, which is what tanks do. He suggested dps is out of balance and needs some sort of solution.
  18. Millianna Augur

I'm sorry but it's not my problem that other classes have DPS issues. It's rather rude and not constructive to request another class to be nerfed. I'm going to say it again - the casual tank is not OP in current content and there is NO need to punish them.
  19. p2aa Augur

And we are going to be told again that some mages don't seek "revenge", when some of the most vindictive non tanks are mages in this thread lol.
  20. p2aa Augur

You have been owned 2 times by Xanathol.
    So I was right, depending of the class / archetype, you will ask for nerf or not.
    So it's fair that priests classes, shamans and druids atm, out DPS DPS classes.
    It's not fair that tanks out DPS DPS classes.
    And the reasoning that tank merc suck more than a cleric merc doesn't hold now that tank mercs have been significantly boosted.
    You lost all credibility in your attempt to look like someone that is fair to all classes