Can't buy subscription.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tran, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It,s nothing more ominous then a technical issue. Let's not blow things out of proportion with no actual information. Apparently people in the krono thread have started posting that they can redeem their kronos. Might be a good time to see if you can get a cc payment processed.

I know Radarx runs most if not all the daybreak game forums as far as moderating and communcations... probably the guy has a day off.. Good reason for no communication? No but more likely then something "ominous".
  2. Exek New Member

Well, I certainly hope that is the case! At the end of the day it seems I WAS wrong =)

edited!
  3. Rhaage Augur

They had issues last week with the system incorrectly identifying the current subscription level for an account when the player logged in.

This is likely a new wrinkle in the same system. The money gets held but the connection from payment source to subscription time fails which then leaves the account without added time and may or may not release the "hold" on the money.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed. If the problem persists for several days with no communications that would be when I might start worrying about what is going on. Let's remember this problem started last night and it is only 11:30 am at the Daybreak officers.

Off hours tech support for the game seems to have been reduced quite a bit when Daybreak took over so problems that start in the evening or on weekends are less likely to get responded to as quickly. At least that is m theory.

Of course when it comes down to it I have no facts to back me up either just going with the most likely causes of this I can think of. Besides eq is not allowed to be sold or sunset I still have 2 years on my subscription :)
  5. Exek New Member

Just to be clear, I was able to subscribe a few minutes ago so the issue seems to be fixed as of 2:34PM EST.
  6. Machen New Member

It was a technical issue, sure, but it also was brought to their attention yesterday at least 2-3 hours before the end of the workday, and again this morning, and there was zero communication. Nearly 24 hours their billing system is down and they don't even acknlowedge there's a problem, that's more than a bit concerning.
  7. Millianna Augur

Is this just a technical issue? Would like to know because my sub expires soon.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The only threads on it I see are around 4:30 pm PST or 4:45 pm PST approximately. Assuming a 5 pm end of day that's is not much time especially since I doubt that forum posts are watched that closely these days. Were any petitions opened prior to this? I have no idea.

No idea how good their automated systems are in self reporting issues but how many subs are renewed and expired or needed a new krono during this time period? Assuming anyone sees a report on stuff like that would it be enough to show a real dip? I don't know.

This is also a problem for the account billing dept... not a dept that is commonly communicating to the players. As sad as it is I think it is more likely the community person has a day off and no one is filling in and giving an update.

Historically from what I can see billing problems always take a while to see the light of day if ever. How fast have we ever seen communications when people get that message about payments from their country not being supported. That has happened a few times. I just think the billing dept doesnt interact with the forums peeps enough. And I doubt any game dev is going to comment on the billing system that they have nothing to do with.

Anyway that is how I see it. You may see it differently I guess. Which is cool. We all have our own opinions on things.

I will agree that Daybreak does a lousy job of communicating. It's very haphazard and undervalued much of the time.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So a problem started around 4:30 pm PST and by around 12 pm PST the next day it got fixed. Assuming these guys are working 9 to 5 and if they aren't that monitoring the forums is not why they stay late at work (if they work overtime) I don't think the lack of communications was that bad this time. This was a back end system and they guys who run it had a couple hours this morning to look at it see what the problem was and deal with it or communicate on it.

People need to self medicate if they are going to get this excited over such a short period of time.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

What are we self medicating with Cor? You supplying?
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I might have to if stuff like this happens again :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ghubuk like this.
  12. Beonono Journeyman

As someone who is affected by this, as timing goes, I attempted to resubscribe this morning, unfortunately before I noticed this thread. I opened a support ticket and received and automated response at 8:04am est. At this point, my account is still not all access and I have had no updates on the support ticket. While they may be taking care of new ones, they have not gotten around to fixing or responding to the outstanding issues. At this point I am not going to attempt again over concern of yet another possible charge on my credit card.
  13. Bolfo New Member

3 times i use my creditcard per account, everytime a fail...Not that they get now 3 times per account my money...only 470 Euro (normal around 150 Euro) than...., and i get an answer from support, but no answer why is the problem and @ which time the problem is solved, and the biggest question... WHAT did they get from Bank.
  14. Villy New Member

Still not working here. Been unable to sub since 5:30am this morning.
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

They need to have someone come in and completely fix every internal system they have as they are all in some state of failure or having recurring glitches. That goes for every single game they have and every system involved with that plus every internal system such as interoffice networks and so on.

I highly doubt Columbus Nova will allow that to happen but it seems like they are one major issue away from catastrophic failure that might put them out of business permanently.

I'm sure there are still several of us left from the hack in 2011 that had SOE and PSN down for 23 days but for the rest of you here is an article about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage#Sony_Online_Entertainment_outage
  16. RadarX Augur

We were investigating a billing issue this morning which was impacting purchases. I'm verifying that has been resolved.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Villy New Member

It's worse, I can't even make it to the section to enter my payment info. It errors out when I try to pick what subscription I want (Monthly, yearly etc.).
  18. Villy New Member

Still no change :(
  19. Villy New Member

I was able to subscribe on a different account using an a debit card with the wrong expiration date entered AND the wrong CVV number.. but on this account I still get an error before I can even pick what type of subscription I want. What the crap is going on?
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm... why would you enter the wrong information? Just an FYI that intentionally testing something like that could be thought of as fraud.

I don't suggest anyone else testing things by entering in wrong information.